Is it time for a new coach?

Wakefield Ram

How can LG stay in the job after that?

If we can’t get John Kear in then give it to Sykes until end of season.

Then full clear out from top to bottom (of the management, playing and coaching staff) regardless of what division we end up in (most likely league 1).

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 3
rambo.gif

It was time for a new coach weeks ago. The coach hasn’t a clue what he’s doing. You can’t change s the players but you can change the coach. 
it’s as obvious as day and night that something isn’t right and the players just aren’t responding so the coach needs to go and go now while there is time. 

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

How can LG stay in the job after that?

If we can’t get John Kear in then give it to Sykes until end of season.

Then full clear out from top to bottom (of the management, playing and coaching staff) regardless of what division we end up in (most likely league 1).

Isn’t Sykes on the coaching team. Imo he’s part of the problem. The senior players offer no leadership and seem happy just to prolong there careers without doing anything 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Outside view said:

Isn’t Sykes on the coaching team. Imo he’s part of the problem. The senior players offer no leadership and seem happy just to prolong there careers without doing anything 

Manier true word said 🤔

Our chairman doesn’t sack a coach. Such a move would cost money and he doesn’t like to spend any I understand, therefore the present incumbent will remain in situ, unless he feels he should depart. 

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Our chairman doesn’t sack a coach. Such a move would cost money and he doesn’t like to spend any I understand, therefore the present incumbent will remain in situ, unless he feels he should depart. 

When does his contract end? ... My guess is Mark will not want to pay his contract up .. but certainly won't be renewing it!!

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

When does his contract end? ... My guess is Mark will not want to pay his contract up .. but certainly won't be renewing it!!

I'm sure LG's contract is up at the end of this season. Mark might not want to pay his contract up but surely it will cost him more if we are relegated!? 🤔

• Like 4

I can’t believe there hasn’t been either a resignation or sacking announced this morning by the club. 

Is Greenwood really going to drag it out to Sunday wedged in the furthest corner of the dugout he can find??

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 2
rambo.gif

Even if we do win on Sunday, the club is still papering over the cracks. No one wants to watch a team whose sole aim is to avoid being relegated.

I feel very sorry for young players such as Harry Kidd, Lewis Carr, Davey Dixon etc who have worked hard to make it to the professional game, only to find themselves coached by the current gutless set-up. If the coaching staff have anything to teach them now, then surely it's to have the decency to walk away when you have nothing left to offer. 

All Dewsbury fans have ever asked for is for the players and coaches to give their all every game. If we get that then even 66-0 defeats become palatable.

That was not the case last night, and hasn't been the case in a lot of matches this season.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rambo said:

I can’t believe there hasn’t been either a resignation or sacking announced this morning by the club. 

Is Greenwood really going to drag it out to Sunday wedged in the furthest corner of the dugout he can find??

Inpatient bug.ger

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

• Haha 1

On 31/05/2022 at 23:11, creditwhereitsdews said:

It wasn't just the result tonight, it was the complete lack of effort and application. If the coaching staff have a shred of decency about them, they have to walk.

Maybe. Do you excuse the players, though?

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 31/05/2022 at 23:05, Wakefield Ram said:

You'd think so, but LG will know if he quits that's the end of his pro coaching career. 

Morrison, Jowitt, Andy Kelly, Andy Fisher, Roy Sampson, Tony Fisher...only Neil Kelly has gone on to coach after Dewsbury. 

I think that you will find that Andy Kelly's coaching career extended considerably after he left us. Maybe you don't count running an Academy as coaching, though?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think that you will find that Andy Kelly's coaching career extended considerably after he left us. Maybe you don't count running an Academy as coaching, though?

I meant as a Head Coach at pro level