Sheffield away

DEANO

19 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Hi Deano,

Gave you slightly wrong information at the station you need to got a tram 1 stop to Fitzalan square towards cathedral/main bridge, then change for yellow line tran to Meadowhall (you can walk from the station to fitzalan square- about 10 mins walk) the trams run every 10-12 mins and from fitzalan sq to arena stop is about 10/15 mins.

you can get a day rider ticket for the tram which costs £4.60 

If you have a bus pass it's valid on Sheffield trams.

19 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Hi Deano,

Gave you slightly wrong information at the station you need to got a tram 1 stop to Fitzalan square towards cathedral/main bridge, then change for yellow line tran to Meadowhall (you can walk from the station to fitzalan square- about 10 mins walk) the trams run every 10-12 mins and from fitzalan sq to arena stop is about 10/15 mins.

you can get a day rider ticket for the tram which costs £4.60 

If you have a bus pass it's valid on Sheffield trams.

20 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Problem with O’Hagan is he’s usually not playing. He has great impact and ability at this level, but he’s no use sitting in the stands. How many games has he missed now in the last two seasons? Unfortunately some players seem to spend more time in rehab than on the pitch - e.g. Tom Johnson and Jack Walker. Then you’ve got the likes of Kenny-Dowall at Hull KR who has been ever-present for the last two years at 34 years of age. I really hope he sorts out his injury problems as he seems a great guy. If not, I think we need to be looking elsewhere. 

he plays such a key role in the team when hes on the pitch, so it disrupts things massively when hes not there, id sooner have someone who wasnt as good but kept fit. we need consistency in the halves and we havnt had it now for over 3 years. we have a solid hardworking pack, we have quick inventive wide players and the best full back in the league, we just lack that central certainty at 6/7 to make us a top class outfit

2 hours ago, Nearenough said:

he plays such a key role in the team when hes on the pitch, so it disrupts things massively when hes not there, id sooner have someone who wasnt as good but kept fit. we need consistency in the halves and we havnt had it now for over 3 years. we have a solid hardworking pack, we have quick inventive wide players and the best full back in the league, we just lack that central certainty at 6/7 to make us a top class outfit

brendan is very important to us and would hate to lose him , i do feel jamie ellis does a good job in the halves (admittedly different style) and when matches are tight our best goalkicker by a mile , good job fordy signed 3 good uns.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Knights are 4/9 favourites to win today with Skybet. Eagles get 8 points start on the handicap.

Surprising is that. Likewise I couldn’t believe Halifax had a 6 point start last match.

Sheffield haven’t lost a home league match all season, and last 5 Sheffield vs York league meetings York have only won 1 of them. Add in missing O’Hagan and I think Sheffield should start slight favourites. 

Still, my money is staying firmly in my pocket!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Great second half performance and an excellent win. Up the Knights.

Sounds like we didn't turn up for the first half,but listening to commentary we were excellent second half and deserved the win

Really good win is that, and glad I didn’t touch the handicap offer! 

Onto our next match against London on Sunday, short turnaround for both teams, can’t be complacent.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 1

Solid York performance today , 1st half we were a bit off but second was powerful, forwards dominated , Pauli deserved his M O M award and had his best game so far , young Harrison slotted in well at fullback took all the high balls thrown at him and ran it out well , must mention towse and porter who stood out well , all in all fordy must be happy with his teams plays and commitment today , hopefully a few back for London sun to allow the squad to rotate.

• Like 5

On 01/06/2022 at 13:29, spanishknight said:

Now you've done it, I was enjoying not reading his rambles.

That’s a shame, he speaks highly of you, you are ‘best of the bunch.’

Anyway I regret to inform you all our friend from West Yorkshire no longer visits this forum because we ‘don’t get banter.’

Just to clarify, it definitely has absolutely nothing to do with York’s upturn in form and Dewsbury being dreadful. It’s nothing to do with York having the best away record and 4th best home record (compared to worst away record and 12th best home record). Personally I welcome fans from other clubs here, especially clubs based in WF12 who sold just 75 season tickets for this season.

Disappearing after giving so much banter is a bit of a ‘wacky’ decision if you ask me. 😇

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

That’s a shame, he speaks highly of you, you are ‘best of the bunch.’

Anyway I regret to inform you all our friend from West Yorkshire no longer visits this forum because we ‘don’t get banter.’

Just to clarify, it definitely has absolutely nothing to do with York’s upturn in form and Dewsbury being dreadful. It’s nothing to do with York having the best away record and 4th best home record (compared to worst away record and 12th best home record). Personally I welcome fans from other clubs here, especially clubs based in WF12 who sold just 75 season tickets for this season.

Disappearing after giving so much banter is a bit of a ‘wacky’ decision if you ask me. 😇

Think if I were a Rams supporter I'd keep a low profile.

On 01/06/2022 at 11:16, Fax Knight said:

Problem with O’Hagan is he’s usually not playing. He has great impact and ability at this level, but he’s no use sitting in the stands. How many games has he missed now in the last two seasons? Unfortunately some players seem to spend more time in rehab than on the pitch - e.g. Tom Johnson and Jack Walker. Then you’ve got the likes of Kenny-Dowall at Hull KR who has been ever-present for the last two years at 34 years of age. I really hope he sorts out his injury problems as he seems a great guy. If not, I think we need to be looking elsewhere. 

Nope , he has been unlucky with injury , as with Kriss who for his time with the Knights in his first spell was an ever present , subsequent injury at Salford could have ended his playing days and I was chuffed to bits when he came back to York given the all clear on his neck injury. Since he was plagued by injury and called it a day to spend more time with his loved ones. IF Fordy thought that Bren was not worth another contract after his hip problem last year he would not have signed him for this season , we are lucky having 3 halves and when fit as you know he works well with both Liam and Jamie. The bloke is a maverick which is summat you cannot coach , long may he wear a Knights shirt.

• Like 4