Cup Final Tickets

4 hours ago, RP London said:

I would honour the tickets, and the RFL may yet do that. 

I've not been following the issue closely enough to know how likely it is that the RFL may not honour the tickets (or indeed how they would manage that) but not honouring them would be a far bigger blunder IMO than what's already happened.  It seems that plenty of the discounted tickets cost at least something and the people who bought them will have been given no reason to think they were anything other than legitimate*. If someone (whether the seller or anyone else) tries to take something off me that I've already paid for, I would consider that theft, which is (obviously) a criminal offence. The RFL would be daft to both alienate people and leave themselves open to legal action.

*I can't be sure there wasn't a Terms & Conditions section making everything "clear", but who reads them when making a small purchase? Although the South Park episode with the forced kidney donation almost persuaded me that I should...😅

12 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Only one of them is on Twitter.

The RFL published the statement. Rimmer does nothing whatsoever to justify his salary. Ever since the Academy announcement fiasco he has run away. One Q&A with some friendly selected journalists has been his sole contribution since and the RL journalists still don’t call him out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Been told tolday that the ickets won't be cancelled but stewards on teh gates 'may ask for NHS I.D', is that their way fo saying you can use them then?

I expect so. And I'd be stunned if you were asked for ID tbh. 

9 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Been told today that the tickets won't be cancelled but stewards on the gates 'may ask for NHS I.D', is that their way fo saying you can use them then?

Given last year’s final was amidst a pandemic and a week after the debacle that was the Euro 2020 final, the stewards at Wembley couldn’t have cared less about anything. I’d be shocked if anybody was ID’d. 

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Been told today that the tickets won't be cancelled but stewards on the gates 'may ask for NHS I.D', is that their way fo saying you can use them then?

Mmmm minimum wage stewards asking for NHS ID for a ticket you will just scan anyway, I dont think so.