London (H)

Wakefield Ram

Well this is a must win. After 3 home games we could have won, this one we have to win. 

Let's hope after a full weeks training we can show some more variety on attack. Inside ball to full back, grubber kicks at the posts, Ryder on the cut back inside rather than being run into touchline, half backs taking the line on and dummying, Butterworth putting grubber through from acting half into in-goal and hopefully no Ben Thaler.

Edited by Wakefield Ram

43 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well this is a must win. After 3 home games we could have won, this one we have to win. 

Let's hope after a full weeks training we can show some more variety on attack. Inside ball to full back, grubber kicks at the posts, Ryder on the cut back inside rather than being run into touchline, half backs taking the line on and dummying, Butterworth putting grubber through from acting half into in-goal and hopefully no Ben Thaler.

By hell you don't want a lot do you 🤣me i'll just settle for the 2 points. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Absolutely s.hitting bricks for Sunday that I'll be selling some to the new development over the road

So if you buy one of the new houses and it's a bit wiffy.. You know who supplied the bricks🤔

So back to the plop... Sorry plot🤔

Last chance saloon.. And it's almost costing time for us

The fine margins we're suffering in each game snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has almost sunk us now, I don't know which is worse either 1. We've money to spend but there are no players available to bring in🤔 or 2. We have no money and there's loads of players we can bring in🤔

Both have the desired effect of helping our cause one zilch 

Defeat Sunday and we're done, bottom 2 with Workington to play, and I'm sure they will beat us up there in cumbria🤔

Even with an unlikely win we're still not out of the merde (one for our French friends) 🤔😜

Glad I'm not choosing the new coach, the choice is one of the hardest decisions he will have had to make with the position we are in

The wrong coach sees us drift into championship 1 with such mouthwatering bites such as

Cornish pasties 

Welsh cakes 

Jellied Eels

Holland meat pies(unknown meat🤔

Kebabs

Curries

With the odd bit of rugby league thrown in

I'm now resigned to the fact and coming to accept that relegation is not far away 

And just to cheer you all up 

Sheffield have now 3 decent halfbacks... 🤔

Edited by coolie

I think it is already too late.

The 2 friendly games before the season actually started. what better way to give the lads confidence with a thrashing against 2super league teams!! We could have at least played a team we could have beaten. We have played 17 games and won 2. We need at least 3 wins out the remaining 13 games and even that may not be enough. 

I do enjoy curries,pasties,kebabs and Welsh cakes......but the cost of going to these exotic places....too much for me

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Heckydave said:

I think it is already too late.

The 2 friendly games before the season actually started. what better way to give the lads confidence with a thrashing against 2super league teams!! We could have at least played a team we could have beaten. We have played 17 games and won 2. We need at least 3 wins out the remaining 13 games and even that may not be enough. 

I do enjoy curries,pasties,kebabs and Welsh cakes......but the cost of going to these exotic places....too much for me

It's not too late just yet. We just have to be less worse than Workington and London. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heckydave said:

I think it is already

We need at least 3 wins out the remaining 13 games and even that may not be enough..…

7 of those are away from home, which makes our difficult season harder. Of the remaining home fixtures after London, we face Halifax, Leigh, York and Batley and which of those are we likely to win?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

7 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I was there, York at home 1977?

Yep, me too. A York player touched the ball, as well.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Here’s our 21 man squad for the visit of London Broncos:

image.jpeg.d6041613d44f35c5cb38b5e48287277d.jpeg

As can be seen, it includes the likes of Elliott Hall, on loan from Bradford for a month, Jon Luke Kirby from Huddersfield until the end of the season and the possible return of Calum Turner.

Do we think these players will improve our lot this weekend?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Here’s our 21 man squad for the visit of London Broncos:

image.jpeg.d6041613d44f35c5cb38b5e48287277d.jpeg

As can be seen, it includes the likes of Elliott Hall, on loan from Bradford for a month, Jon Luke Kirby from Huddersfield until the end of the season and the possible return of Calum Turner.

Do we think these players will improve our lot this weekend?

I think they will improve us but let’s be honest they can’t make us any worse can they.

By the way I think it may be another week before we see Callum Turner back in action.

• Like 1

Another big game tomorrow,lose and I definitely think we are down. We can put as much blame as we want on the official’s but we’ve got to be smarter with and without the ball,getting penalised whilst in possession is very poor as is throwing forward passes out from acting half. I see theirs no Jon Magrin again,but I think Hall and Kirby are two good additions.

Rams 20

London 16

Fts Ryder

Mom Beharrell 

Att another poor one. 445

I think we might edge it - the first half that is!

Are we going to eventually slide down the slippery slope of misfortune, missed tackles, missed chances, missed penalties (in other words not taking a kick at goal) and indiscretions? I hope we have learned not to play like the last few weeks and let’s see victory this time around.

Dewsbury 25-18 London

FTS: Blackmore (about time he showed a bit of class)

MoM: Schofield

Att: 561

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

After a shaky start, London played well and deserved the win. They were faster, slowed out PTB down. Sykes should take over the kicking - Beharrel rarely converts from out wide. When we looked enthused we found gaps but too much of the time, we looked flat. Not sure why Peltier and Speakman didn't come on till last 5 mins. Blackmore lost possession near the line again and then let the winger in. Think Carr should return. Butterworth's passing needs to improve and he has to stop trying to score from acting half. It's just wasting a tackle. Can't wait for the new coach. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram

22 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think we might edge it - the first half that is!

Are we going to eventually slide down the slippery slope of misfortune, missed tackles, missed chances, missed penalties (in other words not taking a kick at goal) and indiscretions? I hope we have learned not to play like the last few weeks and let’s see victory this time around.

Dewsbury 25-18 London

FTS: Blackmore (about time he showed a bit of class)

MoM: Schofield

Att: 561

Not a bad guess, just got it wrong way round.

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

After a shaky start, London played well and deserved the win. They were faster, slowed out PTB down. Sykes should take over the kicking - Beharrel rarely converts from out wide. When we looked enthused we found gaps but too much of the time, we looked flat. Not sure why Peltier and Speakman didn't come on till last 5 mins. Blackmore lost possession near the line again and then let the winger in. Think Carr should return. Butterworth's passing needs to improve and he has to stop trying to score from acting half. It's just wasting a tackle. Can't wait for the new coach. 

Blackmore has underperformed from his first game, so yes, let’s have Carr back in the side.  Agree with you about Butterworth too; he’s no Sam Day, Richard Chapman, or Richard Pachniuk.

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

1. Hall - Reserve overall judgement but did not improve the team today

2. Blackmore - Same old mouthing off and knock on’s please get shut

3. Dixon - Fair performance with his limited abilities. 

4. Greensmith - Just Greensmith 

5. Gabriel- Steady

6. Sykes - Thanks for your service. 

7. Beharrel - London left edge capitulated more than once. No brains to keep going at it. If you booked a cruise you would not want him as the ship’s captain.

8. Beckett - Get’s left of floor too much. Offers no attack threat. 

9. Dom Speakman - Non descript

10. Harry Kidd - Jumps around displaying excited enthusiasm. Offers nowt.

11. Adam Ryder - There is a reason why he has never played in the elite league.

12. Michael Knowles - Thanks for your service 

13. Morris - Steady does his best.

14. Ross Peltier - Decent bursts. Decent wage for 20 mins per week

15. Robson Stevens - Will never make it. Soft plodder.

16. Luke Kirby - Back off injury issues so reserve judgement 

17. Reece Butterworth - Just Reece. 

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

1. Hall - Reserve overall judgement but did not improve the team today

2. Blackmore - Same old mouthing off and knock on’s please get shut

3. Dixon - Fair performance with his limited abilities. 

4. Greensmith - Just Greensmith 

5. Gabriel- Steady

6. Sykes - Thanks for your service. 

7. Beharrel - London left edge capitulated more than once. No brains to keep going at it. If you booked a cruise you would not want him as the ship’s captain.

8. Beckett - Get’s left of floor too much. Offers no attack threat. 

9. Dom Speakman - Non descript

10. Harry Kidd - Jumps around displaying excited enthusiasm. Offers nowt.

11. Adam Ryder - There is a reason why he has never played in the elite league.

12. Michael Knowles - Thanks for your service 

13. Morris - Steady does his best.

14. Ross Peltier - Decent bursts. Decent wage for 20 mins per week

15. Robson Stevens - Will never make it. Soft plodder.

16. Luke Kirby - Back off injury issues so reserve judgement 

17. Reece Butterworth - Just Reece. 

Cheers

Harsh on some. Thought Morris had a very good game and surprised Tomlinson and Schofield weren't picked. But overall it's the same story we lack creative half backs who are a threat with the ball in hand. Put Anthony Thackeray in this team and we'd be safe from relegation.