First new signing for 2023.

RLDB

If he had a super league release clause then surely thats if a SL team signs them, not loans him. 

Nothing to stop all championship players putting a SL release clause in their contract and then a SL team just loans them when they want. 

Feel Barrow have been shafted here. His contract runs down by 12 months making him available to saints for less than he is now with 24 months remaining. 

And if he doesnt make the grade, they send him back and it doesnt cost them anything. But we are at a loss losing our top try scorer. 

Feels very strange, I just hope some clever deal has been struck thats not yet been disclosed. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gus Tyson said:

If he had a super league release clause then surely thats if a SL team signs them, not loans him. 

Nothing to stop all championship players putting a SL release clause in their contract and then a SL team just loans them when they want. 

Feel Barrow have been shafted here. His contract runs down by 12 months making him available to saints for less than he is now with 24 months remaining. 

And if he doesnt make the grade, they send him back and it doesnt cost them anything. But we are at a loss losing our top try scorer. 

Feels very strange, I just hope some clever deal has been struck thats not yet been disclosed. 

It's a bad bit of business done by the club it's very strange sending a player on loan he's rather good enough or not. Simple..

• Like 1

So we've received no fee to get a replacement in???

Also how will our current wingers feel when perhaps 10 games in and both playing well but one of them gets dropped cos saints aren't playing ritson one weekend???

Also what happens if the worst happens and ritson suffers a serious injury playing for saints? Will they just cut the loan short while we have to pay out the rest of his contract???

Sorry but it's the worst of deals. It stinks

• Like 3

On 24/10/2022 at 18:08, Onreport said:

Was outstanding in div play off game under Leon Price then hardly got another game for some reason, i know he isnt the biggest but has pace  and knows where the line us

12 hours ago, pgilmour said:

It's a bad bit of business done by the club it's very strange sending a player on loan he's rather good enough or not. Simple..

Edited by Ulverstonian
Done wrong

10 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Excellent statement released by the club on facebook re Tee s deal with Saints. All points raised answered and questions put to bed. I thank the club for this and I personally am now very happy after being not so  

I agree, well done to the club, sounds like a good deal all round and I genuinely believe they have also looked out for Tee with this deal. 

Positive we are negotiating with a quality centre too. We had a quality centre play a few times for us last season, be nice if it was him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gus Tyson said:

I agree, well done to the club, sounds like a good deal all round and I genuinely believe they have also looked out for Tee with this deal. 

Positive we are negotiating with a quality centre too. We had a quality centre play a few times for us last season, be nice if it was him. 

I think it would have been helpful if the initial press release had been a bit clearer about the transfer fee element. We've been taken to the cleaners by Saints on more than one occasion.

Having said that, it's great that Tee's getting a chance at SL and we'll most likely see him at CP again at some point as Saints weigh up whether to go with Tee or Bennison.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

Excellent statement released by the club on facebook re Tee s deal with Saints. All points raised answered and questions put to bed. I thank the club for this and I personally am now very happy after being not so  

I’m not on Facebook, what’s been said in press release please?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RLDB said:

I’m not on Facebook, what’s been said in press release please?

You don't have to be on Facebook, just go to the Raider's Website and click on the F/book icon and you can read it there, it's very informative and honest. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gaz Martin said:

Is there any further update on Anton?

With Tee and Forster recently departing I feel like the team is fairly depleted from last seasons squad. 

I feel like we still need some key signings in key positions to compete this up and coming season.

Definitely. I think it's gonna be a difficult season as numerous clubs are recruiting well. It's going to be one hell of a battle for the top 6 places

The Raiders will do ok out of this & if things don't work out T will be back in Barrow colours 

For me it's a win win situation but most importantly T has the chance to make it big in the game he works hard for 

I for one wish nothing more than to see Tee rip it up.

Good luck mate..

Now for Mr Costelo to sign 😉

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 08:25, Gaz Martin said:

Is there any further update on Anton?

With Tee and Forster recently departing I feel like the team is fairly depleted from last seasons squad. 

I feel like we still need some key signings in key positions to compete this up and coming season.

Hes been playing in the world cup and his fiance has just given birth which I imagine is causing the delay.

On 12/11/2022 at 11:12, RSN said:

Hes been playing in the world cup and his fiance has just given birth which I imagine is causing the delay.

Really hope Anton signs again.  Especially now Carl has left for North Wales.  We were light in the front row last year and have only recruited one new prop in Ben Evans.  

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Really hope Anton signs again.  Especially now Carl has left for North Wales.  We were light in the front row last year and have only recruited one new prop in Ben Evans.  

Do Jack Wells and Greg Burke not count? 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Brett Carter signed a 1 yr deal. Great squad player who always gives his all. 

Never let anyone down last season. 

Still think we’re at least a couple of utility forwards, centre and a Tee replacement short at the minute. 

• Like 1