Tonight’s Disciplinary

42 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Like I say, take it up with the people in charge at your club.

In the 3 games I've seen Halifax play this season, you've had 2 sin-bins & 2 reds, followed up by (at least) 6 players getting bans, for things like punching, dangerous contact, dangerous throws and late hits with one player getting 8 matches for picking up an injured player, so you can see why in my view Halifax are a dirty side. Fair play on winning those game, but your team has done it by going over the top physically.

But it's selective isn't it? Against Workington Lachlan Walmsley was upended head over heels. No yellow, no red. Nothing. That was a definite ban nowadays but as far as I know it's gone by the by. And yes I know i'm being selective. 

2 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Fax have appealed so we will see eh?

I hope there's some new evidence and it isn't just out of a misplaced sense of grievance. Frivolous appeals can sometimes end up with the player getting a longer ban. 

Edited by Dave W

41 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

The officials on the day saw nowt wrong with Fax's discipline. If we start going through games tackle by tackle we'll have no players left. Rugby League is a contact sport and it's about time common sense prevailed.

Which translates as ignore my team’s fouls and dirty tactics

10 minutes ago, Dave W said:

I hope there's some new evidence and it isn't just out of a misplaced sense of grievance. Frivolous appeals can sometimes end up with the player getting a longer ban. 

If it is deemed frivolous then I’m getting the popcorn in. Harry Newman mania will be surpassed 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

The officials on the day saw nowt wrong with Fax's discipline. If we start going through games tackle by tackle we'll have no players left. Rugby League is a contact sport and it's about time common sense prevailed.

Just because the on field officials didn’t see any foul play doesn’t mean it didn’t happen,Fax players might just be good at hiding it but obviously not quite that good because camera footage has identified it.

No other teams are having anywhere near the suspensions your club is,so maybe start looking closer to home for the solution because this ridiculous whinging by Fax fans is getting tedious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Which translates as ignore my team’s fouls and dirty tactics

You’re talking nonsense, fax aren’t a dirty side at all , the 2 sin bins were professional fouls against York away , the 2 reds in 1 game were reactionary, the other bans in the York game at home were given retrospectively  the game where no cards were issued. If we’re going down that line fine but ALL games need to be judged by video on ever single incident, perhaps when there’s no players left to play we might start having a re - think , there’s a hell of a long way to go yet and I would imagine some lengthy bans to come for many clubs which will impact , the playoffs in both divisions and relegation, be interesting to see who changes their tune when they have half their squad missing for a grand final etc , oh and btw it ll also interesting to see if the World Cup his adjudicated, I can see some very upset fans when their players are banned for the entire tournament.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

You’re talking nonsense, fax aren’t a dirty side at all , the 2 sin bins were professional fouls against York away , the 2 reds in 1 game were reactionary, the other bans in the York game at home were given retrospectively  the game where no cards were issued. If we’re going down that line fine but ALL games need to be judged by video on ever single incident, perhaps when there’s no players left to play we might start having a re - think , there’s a hell of a long way to go yet and I would imagine some lengthy bans to come for many clubs which will impact , the playoffs in both divisions and relegation, be interesting to see who changes their tune when they have half their squad missing for a grand final etc , oh and btw it ll also interesting to see if the World Cup his adjudicated, I can see some very upset fans when their players are banned for the entire tournament.

The disciplinary record for Halifax this season clearly states otherwise especially compared to other teams who’s matches are all reviewed in exactly the same manner as those played by Halifax

6 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The disciplinary record for Halifax this season clearly states otherwise especially compared to other teams who’s matches are all reviewed in exactly the same manner as those played by Halifax

You mean like the hallas incident where he elbowed fairbank in the face clearly seen from 2 different angles causing 10 stitches to the player ? Is that the retrospective judgment your referring to ? Like I say I know how things work , there’ll be plenty more controversy to come ,I don’t believe there’s any  conspiracy against Halifax , especially as there are ex Halifax players on the committee however, the rfl is in my opinion both inconsistent and incompetent 

24 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

You mean like the hallas incident where he elbowed fairbank in the face clearly seen from 2 different angles causing 10 stitches to the player ? Is that the retrospective judgment your referring to ? Like I say I know how things work , there’ll be plenty more controversy to come ,I don’t believe there’s any  conspiracy against Halifax , especially as there are ex Halifax players on the committee however, the rfl is in my opinion both inconsistent and incompetent 

I would disagree with both points as evidenced by your posts 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I would disagree with both points as evidenced by your posts 

Well that’s free speech for you , I detect an agenda given the inappropriate use of the word dirty , late tackles ( given the speed of the game ) is nt dirty and certainly carries no intent . Labelling is something that happens when someone uneducated is struggling to manufacture a reasonable argument.

15 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Well that’s free speech for you , I detect an agenda given the inappropriate use of the word dirty , late tackles ( given the speed of the game ) is nt dirty and certainly carries no intent . Labelling is something that happens when someone uneducated is struggling to manufacture a reasonable argument.

Your detection radar is not working. Defending late tackles as you are doing is a poor place to be. There is only 1 of us struggling to manufacture a reasonable argument and it isn’t me so I’ll leave you to it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Your detection radar is not working. Defending late tackles as you are doing is a poor place to be. There is only 1 of us struggling to manufacture a reasonable argument and it isn’t me so I’ll leave you to it

I’m not defending late tackles I’m stating late tackles shouldn’t be falsely labelled’ dirty’ Which is what you did , perhaps you want to reword it to a more appropriate name .

7 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

I’m not defending late tackles I’m stating late tackles shouldn’t be falsely labelled’ dirty’ Which is what you did , perhaps you want to reword it to a more appropriate name .

Nope. I’m happy with my wording & with what you originally posted 

The majority of bans appear to be after the disciplinary Committee have reviewed the game and not as a result of a red or even a yellow card. If that is the case it is likely that More bans are a result of a televised game where multiple camera angles are used than a non televised match. I am not sure if the figures back that up, but if that is the case then that is an unfair way of the Committee reaching there decision. 

Each game should be reviewed the same as the others and if that means 1 camera angle only then so be it.

22 minutes ago, The Magic Rat said:

The majority of bans appear to be after the disciplinary Committee have reviewed the game and not as a result of a red or even a yellow card. If that is the case it is likely that More bans are a result of a televised game where multiple camera angles are used than a non televised match. I am not sure if the figures back that up, but if that is the case then that is an unfair way of the Committee reaching there decision. 

Each game should be reviewed the same as the others and if that means 1 camera angle only then so be it.

Funnily enough I have emailed the rfl regarding this as not all matches are televised throughout the divisions , if retrospective disciplinary is in place regardless of on field decisions certain clubs will be at a disadvantage.