Batley on a Wednesday Night

19 hours ago, Niels said:

It's great you are going. I really enjoyed my first time there 20 years ago and supported the club ever since.

I usually sit in the main stand at the right hand side looking downhill. 

The food is very good. 

I hope you enjoy the game. You always have interesting views so hopefully you will post about it.

I'm sure it will be excellent and I have as good an experience as you did 20 years ago (though I think I might have to stick with my boys in Blue and Amber!). Good to hear about the food as I'll be coming pretty much straight away after a uni release day!

Definitely excited to leave positive reviews, though my hopes for the Eagles aren't so high 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Aye mate, if you see 3 lads who look a bit lost then you'll know its us. Can you move around the ground? 

Pretty freely, yes.

I think the Ladies is the only place you won't be allowed to visit.

• Sad 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 27/07/2022 at 17:41, Tommygilf said:

I'm due to be going to the Batley V Sheffield game next Wednesday evening and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Not been to an away game at Mt Pleasant previously, though I've been to Batley to play Batley Boys. Always heard good things about the matchday and thought where better to ask for what to expect?

If you do nothing else, have a pie. It will transport you to another space-time continuum.

Best in Rugby League by some distance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Sorry was just trying to ... Help The Aged

You hadn't read the rest of the posts had you ? , Sorry that's unfair , we've all done that at some point 

Edited by GUBRATS

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

If you do nothing else, have a pie. It will transport you to another space-time continuum.

Best in Rugby League by some distance.

2,400 likes on Twitter courtesy of my photography skills and my Mrs’ skills as a thumb model 

• Like 4

On 27/07/2022 at 19:23, GUBRATS said:

Give me a terrace a pie and a pint , oh and some away fans 

My word, you must have some appetite.

• Haha 5
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 27/07/2022 at 17:41, Tommygilf said:

I'm due to be going to the Batley V Sheffield game next Wednesday evening and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Not been to an away game at Mt Pleasant previously, though I've been to Batley to play Batley Boys. Always heard good things about the matchday and thought where better to ask for what to expect?

So what's your take on your visit to the Mount.Is it "never again"or are you going to become a Batley fan.LOL

10 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

So what's your take on your visit to the Mount.Is it "never again"or are you going to become a Batley fan.LOL

Well I was there on behalf of Sheffield... 

It was really pleasant, pardon the pun. The pie was lovely. Beer garden at the back of the stand was very nice. Very good way to spend a Wednesday evening in Summer with my mate. Some excellent pre match Scones too. Archetype of what a semi pro rugby league club should be.

Shame about the result on the pitch but a good game and lots for the Eagles to build on.

• Like 6