The World Cup

7 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Am I right in that there are 1-2 big name players missing from that squad? Just wondering but I thought they had more NRL-eligible players …

Segeyaro, Biondi-Odo & De Belin are the only eligible NRL players I can think of that didn’t make it. Of those only Segeyaro has played for PNG before I believe.

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Wow I just Realised no Ofahangaue for Tonga I assume he’s injured that is a tremendous loss he is irreplaceable.

Yeah Ben Murdoch-Masila can count himself very lucky to make the plane, TPJ and Joe O are unfortunate losses from the squad.

16 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Murdoch-Masila will tear it up, if given a chance. I'd have him in the 17 and spring him from the bench. 

He was devastating for Salford and Warrington in the Super League.

I guess you haven't seen him at the warriors this year

Omissions from the squads announced today include

New Zealand-

Te Maire Martin

Shaun Johnson

Griffin Neame

Australia-

Dylan Edwards

Nicho Hynes

Damien Cook

Selwyn Cobbo

Shaun Lane

Hudson Young

Tonga-

Eliesa Katoa

Agnatius Paasi

Taniela Otukolo

Joe Ofahangaue*

Christian Tuipulotu

Papua New Guinea-

Robert Derby*

Wartovo Puara*

Liam Horne*

*- Injured Most Likely

43 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Wow I just Realised no Ofahangaue for Tonga I assume he’s injured that is a tremendous loss he is irreplaceable.

Ofahangaue is unlucky to not make the squad but was no where near a certainty in the starting 17 as Tonga have better options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Ofahangaue is unlucky to not make the squad but was no where near a certainty in the starting 17 as Tonga have better options.

😂 are you joking he has been one of the best props in the NRL All season he was gurranteed to make the side it’s obviously an injury. Do you even watch the games

Updated Domestic Born player percentages

Group A-

England- 91.67%

Samoa- 8.33%

France- 91.67%

Greece- 28.%

Group B-

Australia- 91.67%

Fiji- ? Predicted 50-60%

Scotland- 16.67%

Italy- 20.8%

Group C-

New Zealand- 91.67%

Ireland- 4.17%

Lebanon- 8.33%

Jamaica- 25%

Group D-

Tonga- 4.17%

Papua New Guinea- 75%

Wales- ? Predicted 50-60%

Cook Islands - ? Predicted 8.33%

Total Percentage Currently Sits at 42.9%

Edited by SydneyRoosters

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

😂 are you joking he has been one of the best props in the NRL All season he was gurranteed to make the side it’s obviously an injury. Do you even watch the games

Yes I do watch.

How come he didn’t make the Tonga team in the mid season test (was 18th man). Or how come he didn’t make Queensland team this year? (Genuine questions).

And is he actually injured or is that just your assumption!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

AFB, SST, Fotuaika, Tatola, Lolo as other middles in the squad, Joe O had a very good year but you're deadset taking the ###### if you think he's irreplaceable or a guaranteed starter - I enjoy your passion but with all these ludicrous takes you drop I'm starting to wonder if you watch the games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Omissions from the squads announced today include

New Zealand-

Te Maire Martin

Shaun Johnson

Griffin Neame

Australia-

Dylan Edwards

Nicho Hynes

Damien Cook

Selwyn Cobbo

Shaun Lane

Hudson Young

Tonga-

Eliesa Katoa

Agnatius Paasi

Taniela Otukolo

Joe Ofahangaue*

Christian Tuipulotu

Papua New Guinea-

Robert Derby*

Wartovo Puara*

Liam Horne*

*- Injured Most Likely

Kotoni Staggs also NOT in the Tonga squad … was that expected? or is he injured too?

44 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I guess you haven't seen him at the warriors this year

Only a handful of time, and he hasn't been all that good.

Horses for courses though. I'd back him to shine in England over some of the bigger NRL names that are in the Tongan XXIV.

For the same reason, I'd probably have Paasi in the 17.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Only a handful of time, and he hasn't been all that good.

Horses for courses though. I'd back him to shine in England over some of the bigger NRL names that are in the Tongan XXIV.

For the same reason, I'd probably have Paasi in the 17.

Picking inferior players just because they have ‘played in England’ before seems a bit silly to me. Mid October conditions/weather in England is pretty similar to June, July, August conditions/weather in New Zealand.

43 minutes ago, UTK said:

AFB, SST, Fotuaika, Tatola, Lolo as other middles in the squad, Joe O had a very good year but you're deadset taking the ###### if you think he's irreplaceable or a guaranteed starter - I enjoy your passion but with all these ludicrous takes you drop I'm starting to wonder if you watch the games. 

Take a look at the tigers Vs warriors game it’s an example of how he’s been all season. Watch the game or take a look at his stats. He is remarkable and Criminally underrated from casual fans like yourself who don’t watch the sport.

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Take a look at the tigers Vs warriors game it’s an example of how he’s been all season. Watch the game or take a look at his stats. He is remarkable and Criminally underrated from casual fans like yourself who don’t watch the sport.

I agree. Ofahengaue has been the best prop out of all the props tonga has and it wasn't even close. He wasn't good at 1 or 2 games. It was almost every single game this year for tigers. To put up those numbers playing for the tigers is even more impressive 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Picking inferior players just because they have ‘played in England’ before seems a bit silly to me. Mid October conditions/weather in England is pretty similar to June, July, August conditions/weather in New Zealand.

In some players yes but Murdoch-Masila was so terrible he struggled to get game time in the warriors team and that's saying something. Andrew Fifita played better than him and Fifita only played at least 10min to 15mins a game.

In saying that how the hell did Konrad Hurrell make that team. Tim Lafai exposed him badly in the SL and he also looked terrible in the final struggling to catch his breath for most of the game. If he's there for a leadership role and helping the younger guys than that's a good move but I doubt he'll get any game time at the world cup

6 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I agree. Ofahengaue has been the best prop out of all the props tonga has and it wasn't even close. He wasn't good at 1 or 2 games. It was almost every single game this year for tigers. To put up those numbers playing for the tigers is even more impressive 

Exactly. if he didn’t play for tigers he most likely would have the made the dally m team or at least got very close.