Tonight’s ref !!!!

DEANO

He lost count of the tackle count on at least 2 occasions. First time he signalled last tackle when it was the 3rd (quickly put his hand down) and he also allowed an extra tackle.

Not an easy job though and can’t be helpful when you’ve got Thackeray in your ear - on a related note I can’t believe Sheffield weren’t penalised for dissent, plenty of instances where we should’ve been given an extra 10 yards. But just to show I’m balanced I thought Antrobus’ try was forward 😇

On 26/08/2022 at 23:11, HaxbyKnight said:

It must be the hardest job in the world reffing rugby league  especially when the touch judges give him no help whatsoever. However, not for the first time this season, we have had a whistler who was totally out of his depth at this level. 

I read this sort of comment from RL fans regularly and can only conclude that either they don't understand the game or get touch judges and football linesmen confused. I presume that you do know that the TJ's and referee are in constant communication via radio and also that they aren't expected to wave their flag every time that something happens.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.