England Squad

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The one that is a mere shadow of the guy who turned up at Salford mid '18 season, he was different then and played well, but not so much when he went to Wigan, he did OK in the first few games at the Tigers but as at Wigan the opposition coaches found him out, as those do who see him and play against him week in week out in the NRL they will just nullify him in the international arena.

At Wigan in his 2nd season & at Wests he had no forward platform to work with.

1 minute ago, UTK said:

Saints have now confirmed Walmsley is out of the World Cup.

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/09/13/alex-walmsley-injury-update/

That's really sad news. I was looking forward to seeing how he went against the elite.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

8 minutes ago, UTK said:

I think he's a decent player, in fact I want my club to sign him next year as he would improve the Knights immensely. This does not change the fact that he has failed at international level before and England has multiple options of a similar or better talent available who have been successful with England before.

Saying he is one of the best halfbacks in the game is just dribble, he's not even in the top 8 of halfbacks in the NRL. 

Practically every rugby league has failed at international level at some point in the career so that statement makes 0 sense. The fact is he was incredible this season and is easily one of the best half backs in the game this shouldn’t be a debate.

4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

That's really sad news. I was looking forward to seeing how he went against the elite.

Once again, this is the real shame here.  Yes, I am disappointed for England that we don't have Walmsley available but for players who want to test themselves internationally against the best players our sport offers them nothing.

Walmsley made his international debut 5 years ago and he has only ever played against Australia once - off the bench in the 2017 Cup Final.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Practically every rugby league has failed at international level at some point in the career so that statement makes 0 sense. The fact is he was incredible this season and is easily one of the best half backs in the game this shouldn’t be a debate.

Define one of the best half backs in the game. 

I wouldnt put him top 10.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Once again, this is the real shame here.  Yes, I am disappointed for England that we don't have Walmsley available but for players who want to test themselves internationally against the best players our sport offers them nothing.

Walmsley made his international debut 5 years ago and he has only ever played against Australia once - off the bench in the 2017 Cup Final.

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Unfortunate for Walmsley and England . It weakens our pack strength and options but on the positive side though I think it’s an area we are strong and we can absorb it more than some other spots 

Are we strong there,don’t think we have another player who can bend/break the line & get quick PTB like Walmsley does.

1-Cleary

2-DCE

3–Hughes

4-Hynes

5-Hunt

6-Moses

7-Reynolds

8-Hastings

he can be better than any of those players on his day top 8 is definitely classed as one of the best.

Wow. 

He can be better than Cleary, DCE, Hughes, Reynolds...

I'd also throw in Townsend and Ilias and Walker and all the 6s that could play 7 pretty well too as worthy of discussion when discussing Hastings.

As mentioned before, he's a very decent player, but as per your own rankings, 8th now classes you as one of the best in the game at that position. You're clearly only looking at NRL talent, so by those numbers, hes literally bang average.

Just wow.

2 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Wow. 

He can be better than Cleary, DCE, Hughes, Reynolds...

I'd also throw in Townsend and Ilias and Walker and all the 6s that could play 7 pretty well too as worthy of discussion when discussing Hastings.

As mentioned before, he's a very decent player, but as per your own rankings, 8th now classes you as one of the best in the game at that position. You're clearly only looking at NRL talent, so by those numbers, hes literally bang average.

Just wow.

No I’m not only looking at nrl talent but  Lomax, Williams and Croft are Definitely not better than him. Walker and Townsend are close but ilias only nearly scrapes the top 20.

As it has been intimated Walmsley's international carrear as been very short lived he is probably no definatley our best forward of the last 6 years or so, I was really looking forward to seeing him playing against the best of the rest in the world, just to see how he rates against those, we know how good he is in our comp I would have loved to see him confirm the status he receives here.

14 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Doueihi’ a 6 and has never played 13 and never will because he doesn’t have the size or running Hastings has.

Doueihi is 6'3 and almost 100kg, its his defence stopping him from playing lock. Watching the games Hastings played 13 he was still playing first receiver most of the time with Doueihi on the right and Brooks on the left. 

No I’m not only looking at nrl talent but  Lomax, Williams and Croft are Definitely not better than him. Walker and Townsend are close but ilias only nearly scrapes the top 20.

Ok. So, i appreciate that this is subjective... but 8th is not one of the best players at that position. 

You're a troll 

10 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

1-Cleary

2-DCE

3–Hughes

4-Hynes

5-Hunt

6-Moses

7-Reynolds

8-Hastings

he can be better than any of those players on his day top 8 is definitely classed as one of the best.

Wests Tigers finished bottom in 2022 and Hastings couldn't get a place place in the halves when they were at full strength.  He isn't one of the top 8 halves in the competition.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris