RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

One route, multiple routes, no one would remotely care if there hadn't been so many recurring issues.

Of course. And with my business hat on, I would say that the pricing and sales process was quite hostile to oap's. 

I'm all for attracting younger audiences but not increasing the % by ousting the oldies. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Poor crowd at Bramall Lane but I don’t think it would be full if tickets were free for a Greece game.

I think it looks OK, again, people do tend to understand the context of the game. It still looks like a bigger event than had we played at Wire or something. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think it looks OK, again, people do tend to understand the context of the game. It still looks like a bigger event than had we played at Wire or something. 

Not sure. For dead rubbers against no-hopers it might be better to play in the heartland and play a knockout tie game at Bramall Lane. The QF, for example. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not sure. For dead rubbers against no-hopers it might be better to play in the heartland and play a knockout tie game at Bramall Lane. The QF, for example. 

I think they could have shuffled and been smarter, I don't disagree, but I'm watching it in a pub, and it looks OK on the big screen. 

Maybe the France game should have had the higher capacity and lower pricing to fill, and Greece at Bolton with an upper tier stand closed. 

But I think on the scale of things wrong, this is relatively low and looks OK imo. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Absolutely not. In the heartlands this is a 6k vs France at Leigh scenario.

Let the rest of the country see England win, its not a bad thing at all.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely not. In the heartlands this is a 6k vs France at Leigh scenario.

Let the rest of the country see England win, its not a bad thing at all.

Just seems a waste of such an atmospheric ground for this game.

Wasn’t suggesting Leigh! I’d have swapped Wigan and Sheffield. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Just seems a waste of such an atmospheric ground for this game.

Wasn’t suggesting Leigh! I’d have swapped Wigan and Sheffield. 

An England group game is a better fixture than a QF imo, especially for somewhere like Sheffield. It just means things can be planned longer term and the carrot of an England fixture will have made this attractive to the Sheffield bid team.

I'm not saying Leigh specifically, but ultimately the alternatives for this game could have been a Warrington or a St Helens. I think we would have gotten a worse crowd than we will get today.

This game at Bramall Lane, should have been marketed to United fans, way before last weekend, added to the Fact Wednesday are at home at exactly the same time 🤦‍♂️, and the little marketing done by the RLWC, SCC or United, I am not surprised it looks to be at <33% capacity 

The only marketing seems to have been via Social Media and by the Eagles...

They could have filled it with students, and local schools etc....

Just now, Tommygilf said:

An England group game is a better fixture than a QF imo, especially for somewhere like Sheffield. It just means things can be planned longer term and the carrot of an England fixture will have made this attractive to the Sheffield bid team.

I'm not saying Leigh specifically, but ultimately the alternatives for this game could have been a Warrington or a St Helens. I think we would have gotten a worse crowd than we will get today.

I would agree this sort of fixture will appeal more to the casual watcher than the hardcore fan.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I would agree this sort of fixture will appeal more to the casual watcher than the hardcore fan.

I mean given the inevitable outcome plus the fact England are through to the QFs and this is on the BBC what would people think a reasonable crowd for this game should be? 

Edit: just to clarify I don’t think this is the right ground for this game and agree that a QF there would have been good 

Edited by EssexRL

1 minute ago, EssexRL said:

I mean given the inevitable outcome plus the fact England are through to the QFs and this is on the BBC what would people think a reasonable crowd for this game should be? 

32,500 all paying nothing?

With Liverpool v Leeds at 19.45 it will make BBC figures for Aus v Italy interesting.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

With Liverpool v Leeds at 19.45 it will make BBC figures for Aus v Italy interesting.

I can’t say I’m that incentivised to watch Aus demolish them. 

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

I don't think the crowd looks too bad. Have they announced it yet?

The bits I saw the atmosphere looked good - much like last nights game and people enjoying the game.

Incidentally I had a friend with 3 tickets who could not make it - i think with the 12 month delay that will make a difference to all games around the edges.

Obviously for the weakest game there is always the least imperative to go if an issue crops up.