Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

10 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

And i'm not even a graphic designer!

We’re all graphic designers!

D9272236-E418-48FE-8031-F0882D1AEC79.jpeg

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 minutes ago, RP London said:

I'm no massive fan of leigh but don't hate them.. I do feel sorry for all the fans having to go through this for sure..  its the poor logo and the horrific shirt for me... the name is ok but christ alive you guys have to (well you dont) wear that stuff!!

maybe in the bedroom!

Edited by JDINTHEHIZZOUSE

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Even working within the constraints of their ###### logo, all they had to do was take the leopard icon out of the shield for use in social media contexts. How hard is it? I could do it myself on my iPhone in 3 seconds 

have forwarded your details to @derekjohn"iloveleopardsme"beaumont

Ive had a go at league express branding... 

I didn't think it had to shout Rugby League... that seems to be the general way forward... I've focused on "Express" as, again it seems to be the thing to do, focus on just the one word.. jaunty angle which is "modern" obviously... 

http___cdn_cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_180806151718-under-the-bridge--gwr-castle-no--5043-earl-of-mount-edgcumbe-crofton-june-2011-.jpg.a8172c04ac0e06e34dd04d7ea4f58cdc.jpg

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

maybe in the bedroom!

Oooh my dinner has just come back up... why is their sweetcorn in it this time round!!! 

2 hours ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Here is a proposed rebrand of League Express.

sadlergazette.jpg

Inspired by many Super League clubs adopting wild animals for their names, League Express becomes ‘The Sadler Gazette’.

·         The logo also follows recent trends in adopting within it a large, yet still subtle and appealing, visual of our namesake.

·         As a nod to the League Express’s rich history - and acknowledging fans’ preferences - the newspaper’s traditional colours of not-quite red and dirty gold are retained.

·         Our new mascots “Lelly” and “Elly” also subtly reference the old name, acknowledging all that has gone before whilst presenting a bold, modern and fresh identity.

leagueexpress-mascota.jpg

·         The eagle-eyed might spot the inverted rugby balls in the shape of the mascots’ eyes whilst Lelly’s triangular legs project strength and stability. Elly is anything but a token female, rather being a witty and enthusiastic character that will appeal to fans of all ages.

·         At the same time we are pleased to announce the signings of William Shakespeare, Geoffrey Chaucer, Jane Austin as staff writers and welcome our new columnists Dally Messenger, Harold Wagstaff and Ellery Hanley.

Lelly wasn't modelled on Josh Charnley then?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RP London said:

I didn't think it had to shout Rugby League... that seems to be the general way forward... I've focused on "Express" as, again it seems to be the thing to do, focus on just the one word.. jaunty angle which is "modern" obviously... 

http___cdn_cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_180806151718-under-the-bridge--gwr-castle-no--5043-earl-of-mount-edgcumbe-crofton-june-2011-.jpg.a8172c04ac0e06e34dd04d7ea4f58cdc.jpg

I like how you've intentionally included a typo to reflect brand expectations...

• Haha 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

33 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Even working within the constraints of their ###### logo, all they had to do was take the leopard icon out of the shield for use in social media contexts. How hard is it? I could do it myself on my iPhone in 3 seconds 

This.

I was wondering this from the off. Why not just the leopard head? Did they not know how to use the rubber tool on MS Paint?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

19 minutes ago, RP London said:

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I like how you've intentionally included a typo to reflect brand expectations...

No drop-shadow. No underlining.

Fail.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

🤣 I had to make sure I did it in under 5 minutes.. otherwise it just wasn't realistic for how I understood it worked in design...

I will of course charge league express for 15 hours at least... 

43 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Do it, then.👍

10 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

No drop-shadow. No underlining.

Fail.

God everyones a ###### critic... tell you what this graphic design is harder than it looks... i have more respect for the industry... well, except for those that did this leigh stuff!! 

Edited by RP London
  • Haha 2