SL Club Rebranding

1 hour ago, hw88 said:

While preferring just plain 'Leigh', Leigh Leopards is as good a name as any if one has to go down that route - alliterative and a suitably ferocious animal. As for the badge, it's a leopards head. What are people expecting to see on the badge? An octopus? Two leopards mating?

When I go to the match at the LSV , I am going watching Leigh , not Centurions , not Leopards , similarly if it's round here it's ' United ' , ' City ' , ' Liverpool '  ' Bowton ' , if you're watching Wigan , it's the Rugby , if it's football it's ' Latics ' 

Anything added is not that important , as you put , you'd have thought we'd put a leopard eating a baby on there from the reaction of the ' experts ' on here 

Cost of living crisis, energy crisis, inflation, governments a mess, still recovering from a Covid hit sport riddled in debt and Chris & Gavin in the internet are having sleepless nights over little Leigh’s ###### logo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just Gilfman and his infatuation with font here for a right party.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

When I go to the match at the LSV , I am going watching Leigh , not Centurions , not Leopards , similarly if it's round here it's ' United ' , ' City ' , ' Liverpool '  ' Bowton ' , if you're watching Wigan , it's the Rugby , if it's football it's ' Latics ' 

Anything added is not that important , as you put , you'd have thought we'd put a leopard eating a baby on there from the reaction of the ' experts ' on here 

If its not important then why are Leigh doing it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Jaguars are completely different species to leapords....South American species not Afro-asian 

Panthero pandus  Vs Panthera Onca 

Not sure about the differences in ringpiece anatomy to be fair 

Some people have strange ' hobbies ' ? 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Cost of living crisis, energy crisis, inflation, governments a mess, still recovering from a Covid hit sport riddled in debt and Chris & Gavin in the internet are having sleepless nights over little Leigh’s ###### logo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not having sleepless nights, I'm happy to say when something is good or terrible though - I've done it on a range of subjects over the years!

If the 'everyone hates us but we don't care, world's against us mentality' gets you through the day though, then you do you, champ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Some people have strange ' hobbies ' ? 😉

Some people are really thinking too deeply about something that was probably done to attract some younger fans and sell a few membership packages. Heaven forbid we attract new fans!! You never we may attract some of the lesser spotted away fans who like leopards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

Classic whataboutery right there.

so because the country is in a mess we shouldn’t comment on a RL rebrand in a RL forum?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Damien said:

It's quite obviously just an attempt to show how versatile the badge is (in his eyes) and to placate fans by adding red. The trouble is adding the red to that design by changing the spots just doesn't work on any level.

So why didn't he actually settle on the badge/logo/colours etc BEFORE the relaunch?

I'm no businessman or anything like that but surely you have everything in place to launch not just make it up as you go along?

It's this carry on that is making it even more cringeworthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm not having sleepless nights, I'm happy to say when something is good or terrible though - I've done it on a range of subjects over the years!

If the 'everyone hates us but we don't care, world's against us mentality' gets you through the day though, then you do you, champ.

Everyone doesn’t hate us, just you 3, Dave T, Dallas Mead, and the other one who’s name I forget who mentions Leigh on every thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, binosh said:

Some people are really thinking too deeply about something that was probably done to attract some younger fans and sell a few membership packages. Heaven forbid we attract new fans!! You never we may attract some of the lesser spotted away fans who like leopards.

If only your club had thought a bit more deeply about their rebrand eh?

if my club had come out with that shambles id be the first to call them out.

30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Some of them are, some of them that have recently been professionally designed aren’t.

None are as bad as Leighs though

IYO, IMO Wigan's looks bloody awful , other than HKRs which I think is really clever I don't give a flying one 

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

surely you have everything in place to launch not just make it up as you go along

Yup.

It's pretty basic.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, GUBRATS said:

IYO, IMO Wigan's looks bloody awful , other than HKRs which I think is really clever I don't give a flying one 

I don’t particularly like Wigan’s badge but it was done professionally and with thought and care.

you should care, your club is being ridiculed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

So why didn't he actually settle on the badge/logo/colours etc BEFORE the relaunch?

I'm no businessman or anything like that but surely you have everything in place to launch not just make it up as you go along?

It's this carry on that is making it even more cringeworthy.

He said the RFL wanted a basic copy by A certain date

23 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I didn’t say it was damaging the sport.

So what is YOUR problem then ? , You don't like Leigh , just admit it , it's blindingly bloody obvious , it really isn't important 

• Like 1