FIFA World Cup 2022 sweep..anyone?!?!

On to today :

Group H

hindle xiii v The Hallucinating Goose

John M v Hopie

Group G

Jill Halfpenny Fan v Just Browny

Jim Prendle v David M

No pre match guff as I'm short of time but if anyone else wants to jump in, feel free.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Yesterday saw the last of the group stage matches and we've now said goodbye to :

tonyXIII, The Masked Poster, ckn, HKR Away Days, Hawk Man, Old Frightful, Ullman, Kenilworth Tiger, Lowedesert, Native New Yorker, Maximus Decimus, Matt Santos, Jim Prendle, Jill Halfpenny Fan, Hopie and John M.

Onto the knockout stage and today we have :

Dave T v RoyBoy295

Gomersall v Rage

• Like 1

Not enjoyed beating @Jill Halfpenny fan's lot that much since the era of Neil Kelly and Frank Endacott.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Not enjoyed beating @Jill Halfpenny fan's lot that much since the era of Neil Kelly and Frank Endacott.

Ooof!...this is a Girlyball zone you know, and it is the bloody RL off season.

😆

Victories for RoyBoy295 and Rage today please!

(No matter how unlikely that will be...)

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aren't you meant to be impartial??? 

Sod orf...that's JB, he's Switzerland.

Anyways, we're both out now so, as in true British style, we cheer on the underdog.

And that ain't you.

Bloody hell, your lot didn't take long to get stuck in did they?

Dave T 1 v 0 RoyBoy295 after 29 mins.

Edited by Old Frightful
  • Haha 1

So, after the first day of the knockout stage, commiserations to RoyBoy295 and Rage who leave us and congrats to Dave T and Gomersal who face each other in the second of the quarter final this coming Friday night.

Today sees Mumby Magic v amm in this afternoon's game while Harry Stottle and Gerrumonside ref do battle in the 7pm game.

MM should be marginal favourites in the first game while Gerrumonside ref can expect to be the least popular entrant in the sweep should his team prosper this evening...

Yep, I think I’ll be out today barring a miracle.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

5 hours ago, amm said:

Yep, I think I’ll be out today barring a miracle.

Off for another sesh in the club?

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

That's how I read it.

I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets cleaned up afterwards...

Two Drunk Women on a Hot Day | Fun

• Haha 1

Honestly! How very dare you !

I am of course referring to Poland, my team in this sweep.

I will not be having a further outing to the club, or be in need of cleaning up.

* that was yesterday, and I was still inebriated when I wrote my post. I am just about coming round, but as my husband has to be at work at 6am, we are staying at home today. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So, after the first day of the knockout stage, commiserations to RoyBoy295 and Rage who leave us and congrats to Dave T and Gomersal who face each other in the second of the quarter final this coming Friday night.

Today sees Mumby Magic v amm in this afternoon's game while Harry Stottle and Gerrumonside ref do battle in the 7pm game.

MM should be marginal favourites in the first game while Gerrumonside ref can expect to be the least popular entrant in the sweep should his team prosper this evening...

My Terangan lions 🦁 gave us an early scare just to show England who’s boss, before walking off into the sunset.

Or you could say we erm ‘shared’ three goals with Harry’s mob.

Anyway it’s goodnight from me and it’s goodnight from the Terango lion 🦁 pride!

So yesterday amm and Gerrumonside ref bowed out after losing to Mumby Magic and Harry Stottle respectively.

Today's fixtures are :

George Watt v Roy Boy in the afternoon kick off and

David M v hindle xiii following in the evening.

George Watt finished top of his group while Roy Boy was second in his so GW might be considered favourite in that game.

Likewise, David M finished top of his group with hindle xiii second in his but DM's pedigree in the World Cup would suggest he should be the strong favourite in that fixture.

Doesn't always work out like that though and me putting a few bob on DM's lot should be a hefty millstone around his neck.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So yesterday amm and Gerrumonside ref bowed out after losing to Mumby Magic and Harry Stottle respectively.

Today's fixtures are :

George Watt v Roy Boy in the afternoon kick off and

David M v hindle xiii following in the evening.

George Watt finished top of his group while Roy Boy was second in his so GW might be considered favourite in that game.

Likewise, David M finished top of his group with hindle xiii second in his but DM's pedigree in the World Cup would suggest he should be the strong favourite in that fixture.

Doesn't always work out like that though and me putting a few bob on DM's lot should be a hefty millstone around his neck.

Think I am the underdog here OF! If we can keep Modric quiet though maybe lightning will strike thrice.

5 hours ago, George Watt said:

Think I am the underdog here OF! If we can keep Modric quiet though maybe lightning will strike thrice.

1-1 going intro extra time, you're still in with a shout.

Ooof!

First penalty shoot out...

Roy Boy knocks George Watt out courtesy of a low quality penalty shoot out.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Roy Boy knocks George Watt out courtesy of a low quality penalty shoot out.

My overnight recording stopped at the end of extra time so missed the shootout! Enjoyed the Japan journey in your sweep  OF and many thanks to for organising it. Congrats to Roy Boy for his win and I wish him the best of good fortune in the next match against  Brazil.