Match thread: Championship Round 1: Keighley v Featherstone. Monday 6th February.

marklaspalmas

Our 21-man squad has been named.

Junior Moors the most notable omission. Pickersgill doesn't make the 21 which seems to confirm what most of us had thought, that Aekins would be our starting full back in round 1. Joey unsurprisingly not named, presumably he's still in Aus with his mother's funeral only a couple of days ago. Fleming the only other player other than the three we know who are out injured who hasn't been included.

Gale, Cooper, Lacans plus one other to miss out for me.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Our 21-man squad has been named.

Gale, Cooper, Lacans plus one other to miss out for me.

Gale Cooper Hall definitely miss out then it's Hobson's choice  Lacans  Wildie for 2nd hooker or 18th man

Elijah playing on the edge by the look of it, perhaps Bussey's injured as Taylor has been playing as a middle/old-fashioned loose forward through pre-season.

I guess a few weeks ago we didn't anticipate going into round 1 without Leilua, Hall, Bussey, Moors and Davies for one reason or another but I guess that's why we've gone for a big squad.

• Like 1

Well that was more than satisfactory. We dominated them physically and Keighley got a harsh lesson in the difference between league 1 and Championship.

To be honest even though we won 50-0 I thought we still looked a bit of a work in progress with our passing movements, but there's no doubting that was a pleasing round 1 performance.

Big games for Dean, Lockwood, Hankinson, Aekins and Kopczak, amongst others, and how fun is Mackenzie Yei to watch?

You'd think a much sterner test awaits against Halifax next week, but am sure all Fev fans will be very happy with what they saw tonight.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I have to say I thought Aekins was handy for Leigh last year but he's impressed me a lot more so far this year running off Ford.

He’s a great player. Very quick. Quicker than he looks. Will score a pon full. Let’s hope he does the Biz and gets you guys to the promised land 👍

• Like 4

Very impressed by that performance for the first game of the season.Dean really showed his potential and also Hankinson showed what we have missed in the centre position.Locky  was my stand out forward making me look daft for saying he would struggle to get into our 17.Brad Day had a good game and Hardcastle worked hard .Two players i thought didn't quite perform so well were Ford and Cozza.We seem a different side to last seasons bash down the middle and wear the other side out team.Always expected a more attacking approach with Long in charge so fasten your seat belts it looks like being an exciting season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Very impressed by that performance for the first game of the season.Dean really showed his potential and also Hankinson showed what we have missed in the centre position.Locky  was my stand out forward making me look daft for saying he would struggle to get into our 17.Brad Day had a good game and Hardcastle worked hard .Two players i thought didn't quite perform so well were Ford and Cozza.We seem a different side to last seasons bash down the middle and wear the other side out team.Always expected a more attacking approach with Long in charge so fasten your seat belts it looks like being an exciting season.

Koppy played i thought as well.

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Probably taking Koppy for granted he always puts a shift in and drives the ball in well.He has been a good signing.

When you think who has still to play it's going to be a cracking season ( touch wood).

• Like 1