The feel good factor league-

As far as feel good, in Oldham it's way up at the moment. Fans of both the rugby and football are walking round with smiles on their faces and even being friendly with one another. Now neither team are up there with the best, but it's all about potential. At last, the town feels like we're going in the right direction.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

As far as feel good, in Oldham it's way up at the moment. Fans of both the rugby and football are walking round with smiles on their faces and even being friendly with one another. Now neither team are up there with the best, but it's all about potential. At last, the town feels like we're going in the right direction.

Is there much crossover between football and RL fans in the town? 

3 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Thought Austins pom interview with Helen was a little awkward or was it just me.

Yeah I was looking for any 'awks' on that too....he isn't the most fluent speaker anyway so not sure there was too much in it......my missus was keen to see if there was any Skelton / Myler stiff moments

51 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah I was looking for any 'awks' on that too....he isn't the most fluent speaker anyway so not sure there was too much in it......my missus was keen to see if there was any Skelton / Myler stiff moments

What gone on with Austin and Skelton? 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

What gone on with Austin and Skelton? 

Nothing I know of specifically...but she was a Leeds WAG for ages.....now his team mate has shacked up with the boss's daughter and Helen is no longer a WAG 

I guess it's generally awkward 

I've always found Skelton a bit irritating but now I'm firmly on her side. Myler is a love rat 

It's all very 'Hello' magazine 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Nothing I know of specifically...but she was a Leeds WAG for ages.....now his team mate has shacked up with the boss's daughter and Helen is no longer a WAG 

I guess it's generally awkward 

I've always found Skelton a bit irritating but now I'm firmly on her side. Myler is a love rat 

It's all very 'Hello' magazine 

Austin just seemed fairly aloof uneasy like he didn't want to be interviewed he may simply be comfortable on tv.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, meast said:

Where's Toronto?

York?

Newcastle?

The 3 clubs that some were claiming could save RL from oblivion?

Toronto could have massively boosted SL, and were doing so, but got kicked out by some parochial clubs. York and Newcastle  - agreed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meast said:

Where's Toronto?

York?

Newcastle?

The 3 clubs that some were claiming could save RL from oblivion?

Along with Barrow they're all in the bottom half of the championship so super league doesn't need them this year, Toronto apart, it's all about Toulouse these days.

So this thread needs renaming as "In Search of a Feelgood Factor for League." subtitled "Has there ever been one?"

I know there's a huge list (possibly endless if we put the effort in) of false dawns, exciting but rejected ideas and toe in the water then legged it innovation  before it made any difference. A litany of failure that sadly hides any real, lasting and positive changes that have been made.

But will there ever be a lengthy feelgood period for TGG?

The pages of of any RL forum would suggest not.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political