Thur 13th Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/23 at 19:30

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Watched this in the pub.....they also had football on the other screen (nearly ended switching sports!) 

I hope Sky never choose the AJ bell again 

Sky won't show any more matches from the AJ Bell Stadium,  as the AJ Bell stadium is no more, it's deceased, you're as behind the times as Sky are.

The stadium that Salford play in is 'The City of Salford' stadium BB. 

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Dire ball security and an inability to execute common sense, low percentage of danger football.

That game was there for Cas. Salford have a lot of headless chickens throwing the ball around but they lack grunt up front. Cas lack speed and athleticism, and their errors stopped them from getting up the other end.

I'm not at all sure that Shane Wright grounded the ball at the first time of asking, before he was rolled over. Should have been checked by the brothers in charge. His celebration sold it, but it looked really dubious to me.

Both teams need to work on holding onto the ball. They both did everything they could to lose that game last night.

Edited by StandOffHalf

4 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Sky won't show any more matches from the AJ Bell Stadium,  as the AJ Bell stadium is no more, it's deceased, you're as behind the times as Sky are.

The stadium that Salford play in is 'The City of Salford' stadium BB. 

I stand corrected but I'm sticking to my point!

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

17 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

A win's a win and we'll get better when the weather improves, but we'll also have to overcome the 'difficult 2nd album syndrome' and offer more, as the opposition have got used to the way we play.  But 10 league points at this stage of the season is not to be sniffed at.

is that when the pitch firms up 🙂

On 13/04/2023 at 01:45, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

At the pub watching this ....through necessity 

Good man. The pub was undoubtedly filled with all the love that this thread is drowning with. 😄

21 hours ago, Just Browny said:

This game was scheduled for tonight several months before the United game was even thought of.

Clearly we need to tell MUFC and UEFA to change? !

My points from last night.

1. Yeah it wasn't a great game, it was more professional in its delivery than thrilling.

2. Solid basics achieved like completing sets, but some passing by SRD was woeful, .

2. 3rd game in 12 days. Fatigue seemed to explain a number of factors.

3. A win is a win. 5th today. Ten years Salford conceded 150 pts in three crushing defeats.

4. The wholemeal pasty cheese pie was superb. 😆

5. That Cas kit was pleasingly vivid. 🌼

6. Some odd decisions, but acceptable refereeing tbh.

7. When you can see a litup Old T from my seat, it makes you wonder why? IMG have a word. 

8. The end teaser of 2  NRL starlets arriving in 24 is hopeful.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Good man. The pub was undoubtedly filled with all the love that this thread is drowning with. 😄

Clearly we need to tell MUFC and UEFA to change? !

My points from last night.

1. Yeah it wasn't a great game, it was more professional in its delivery than thrilling.

2. Solid basics achieved like completing sets, but some passing by SRD was woeful, .

2. 3rd game in 12 days. Fatigue seemed to explain a number of factors.

3. A win is a win. 5th today. Ten years Salford conceded 150 pts in three crushing defeats.

4. The wholemeal pasty cheese pie was superb. 😆

5. That Cas kit was pleasingly vivid. 🌼

6. Some odd decisions, but acceptable refereeing tbh.

7. When you can see a litup Old T from my seat, it makes you wonder why? IMG have a word. 

8. The end teaser of 2  NRL starlets arriving in 24 is hopeful.

United's game was confirmed on 17 March, less than four weeks ago. RL and Sky shouldnt be cancelling games at four weeks' notice because another sport is playing a game four miles away: it is to some extent unfortunate but we are either a proper sport or we aren't.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

United's game was confirmed on 17 March, less than four weeks ago. RL and Sky shouldnt be cancelling games at four weeks' notice because another sport is playing a game four miles away: it is to some extent unfortunate but we are either a proper sport or we aren't.

I think they should and cancel it....at least not put it on telly

42 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Erm the UEFA dates were established way before the 2022 season ended, neverthemind this one.

MUFC, whom many a Salfordian follow, were touted to reach those quarter finals. 

It wouldn't be rocket science for Sky/RFU to schedule games that

A.. Strictly matches teams that are on the same side of the Pennines.

B. Does select Teams whose local football club might not be on the television in big games.

A "Thursday Night - Rivals Fight" could give the evening an distinct edge it lacks imo.

There are battles we can't win and we can do better.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

4 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

All Superleague pitches firm up when it's dry RW.

That wasn't what I meant !

For more years than I care to recall Salford fans have been told the team will improve when the pitches firm up. It's one of those along side "the training went well" and 2morale in camp is good"

On 14/04/2023 at 18:26, idrewthehaggis said:

It wouldn't be rocket science for Sky/RFU to schedule games that

I think I may have spotted the problem.

Edited by JF1
Spelling
  • Haha 2

On 15/04/2023 at 20:19, Red Willow said:

That wasn't what I meant !

For more years than I care to recall Salford fans have been told the team will improve when the pitches firm up. It's one of those along side "the training went well" and 2morale in camp is good"

Shucks RW, you're in a bad space, try and get some rest.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper