Bradford Bulls V Batley Bulldogs MOM thread

redditchbulldog

Just a short trip up to the Bradford council Tip otherwise known as Odsal the coldest place on earth to watch a game, never been warm there ,do remember an A team game there in late november when temp was about 1 degrees and our Chairman walking round in a T-shirt, digressing back to topic can the boys overcome a Bulls side with no Leeds DR players in it?

voting as usual 1 2 3

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Reilly

Woods

Hodson

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Can tell you didn’t go… might of won as a team but a few players weren’t up to usual standards 

Hi no I didn't go due to travelling down to Southampton, followed it on the Telegraph & Argus blog site.

Not the place to say so KTF but would agree that 6, 7 and 14 were fairly innocuous!! Very hard to pick anyone who stood out though, everybody did what they needed to do to win.

1 Hooley. We often give MOM to a player who scores a bagful of tries, today for 6 from 6, superb under the kick and making every tackle he had to.

2 Flynn. Did what Flynny does, harries like a Jack Russell, knocks down blokes 3 stone heavier, runs in like HE'S 3 stone heavier.

3. Hard, might just lean towards Manu, put a good stint in running and tackling.

Interesting as I couldn't make it so listened on the radio to the full match commentary on Radiowestyorks. The commentator, a well known Bradford supporter named our 6, 7 and full-back as the architects of our victory. Funny how different perspectives exist on the same event.

19 minutes ago, phildog said:

Not the place to say so KTF but would agree that 6, 7 and 14 were fairly innocuous!! Very hard to pick anyone who stood out though, everybody did what they needed to do to win.

1 Hooley. We often give MOM to a player who scores a bagful of tries, today for 6 from 6, superb under the kick and making every tackle he had to.

2 Flynn. Did what Flynny does, harries like a Jack Russell, knocks down blokes 3 stone heavier, runs in like HE'S 3 stone heavier.

3. Hard, might just lean towards Manu, put a good stint in running and tackling.

TBH Meadows was the better of the 3, his usual probing coupled with his usual go it myself; White played hooker from about 20 minutes til 15 from the end and Woods just isn't contributing what we're expect, just my opinion of course; although I think he is better than what we've seen but he has to start showing it. In fact nobody stood out really, it was as they say a team performance, nobody was good, nobody was bad. We just soaked up what they threw at us, which apart from first 10 minutes and last 5 of the second wasn't a lot, but we in turn didn't throw a lot at them. Slugfest, but edge of the seat!

• Like 1

I thought Woods had his best game for us... his kicking game and drop goal were better than Lilly. 

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 4 weeks later...

voting closed

1) Luke Hooley 25 pts

2) Lucas Walshaw 10 pts

3) Martin reilly 8 pts

4) Nial Flynn 6 pts

5) Dane manning 5 pts

6) Josh Hodson 4 pts

7) Josh Woods 2 pts

totaliser

1) Luke Hooley 3 pts