Fri 12th May: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/23 at 19:30

Wow, the petty, endless argument from the St Helens v Salford thread has now leeched into this one.

Great.

Yay.

• Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just caught up with this game last night.

Credit has to be given to Leeds for the spirit shown when down to 12 (ie: for most of the game).

They took it to Wigan and really knocked the momentum out of the Warriors.  

Most teams who manage to win with 12 men are literally hanging on at the end. Leeds were on cruise control, keeping Wigan at arms length, and picking them off with that late interception.

Remarkable stuff. Well done. 👏

Tetevano two match penalty notice.

Deserved at least that and possibly more.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61726/disciplinary-|-match-review-panel

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Tetevano two match penalty notice.

Deserved at least that and possibly more.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61726/disciplinary-|-match-review-panel

I think that's fair given the more lenient punishments that all offences receive this year.

The ref must have decided it was direct contact with the head at the time to send him off but for me it's pretty clear it wasn't and the initial contact was shoulder on shoulder, which caused the movement to the neck. It seems the disciplinary panel agree as he was charged with a high tackle but found guilty of dangerous contact due to flexion of the neck from the hit.

In one sense he's unlucky because it wasn't direct contact to the head and that tends to be necessary for a red but at the same time the movement of the neck in those tackles makes me wince and if it's worth 2 matches then a red is a fair result regardless of where the initial contact was. The game has to evolve and the fact is you have to make sure you're going to complete the tackle fairly before you try to smash someone.