Have we got game today ?

Unicorn 106

6 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Disappointed to lose a match we should have won with Sabutey at the end there , but it shows we are not far off just lack a bit of composure/luck .No Marwood in the squad again , work commitments ?

It can't be form cos i thought he sparked us up last week .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

It can't be form cos i thought he sparked us up last week .

I thought he slowed us down a bit last week to be honest, we lost something when he came on for Matty, though strangely when they swapped later on it didn't really work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

I thought he slowed us down a bit last week to be honest, we lost something when he came on for Matty, though strangely when they swapped later on it didn't really work.

I thought that but he never seems to get a run of games to get him up to speed, a fully match fit Blain would be a different player I think..

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Henson is the number 1 hooker no doubt,blains backing up late in each half would help town, but the team aren't making  lots of breaks so maybe the coach picks Simpson instead who plays half an fullback,but think marwood would offer support in those positions also.miss doran who made breaks and set play up.

20 hours ago, Neil Anderson-Moore said:

I spoke to Blain on Saturday and he was available for Sunday

Looks like Muzza agrees with you dkw , but then you both could be wrong!

19 hours ago, dkw said:

Edited by homeandawayer

14 hours ago, Town utd said:

Henson is the number 1 hooker no doubt,blains backing up late in each half would help town, but the team aren't making  lots of breaks so maybe the coach picks Simpson instead who plays half an fullback,but think marwood would offer support in those positions also.miss doran who made breaks and set play up.

Marwood had a blinder at fullback a while back at Newcastle, not that i'm saying that's his position..or am i ?

• Like 1

I believe the thing that gets us worried with the Blain situation is  , different Coaches sign him , He never gets a proper run in the Team , but when He`s on he tackles well and is always on hand backing up .We accept Matty is our Number 1 hooker , but Blain deserves a chance. I noticed on Sunday in the Cas v Hull game , when Dwyer came on off the bench , they simply moved Houghton to loose forward , perhaps we could give that a shot .

• Like 2

On 25/05/2023 at 09:22, ivans82 said:

I believe the thing that gets us worried with the Blain situation is  , different Coaches sign him , He never gets a proper run in the Team , but when He`s on he tackles well and is always on hand backing up .We accept Matty is our Number 1 hooker , but Blain deserves a chance. I noticed on Sunday in the Cas v Hull game , when Dwyer came on off the bench , they simply moved Houghton to loose forward , perhaps we could give that a shot .

But do you think Blains passing is fast enough from dummy half? He takes a step every time such gives defences chance to be in our faces 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

9 hours ago, wonky said:

But do you think Blains passing is fast enough from dummy half? He takes a step every time such gives defences chance to be in our faces 

It's ok if he takes a step to attract a defender but i know what you mean. Players with his speed are rare at this level so surely he's got a role in the squad somewhere. I'd be more concerned about what we do with Simpson and Mallinson when Forber's back.

• Like 1

He can’t do this and he doesn’t do that . How good are we like ? We’re incredibly average and Marwood can’t get a look in . Just mystifies me . Every time I see him regardless of what he may not do , he can and usually does add something . And a spark we sadly lack . I don’t know what’s going on 

• Like 5

For me marwood goes forward and backs Up well down the middle,came on v Oldham and set a try up with a class grubber kick,in the friendlys he got us going forward v barrow,scored v Bradford and first league game at London,don't no what more he as to do really, but I'm no coach,looks a really lively player every time I've watched him at barrow island and cumbria, hopefully he gets a run of games to see how he goes, nothing to lose while we're losing games,different if town were winning. 

On 28/05/2023 at 00:30, wonky said:

They used to say the same things about Carl Sice  , and very like Blain had that bit of x-factor .

21 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Surely the Cornwall game is the one to try different combinations and bring in a couple of fringe players.

Not over the top as we need a win but we can try Blaine at standoff and Matty at 13.

This has to be the game to give Blaine some game time if not I'm sure the lad will start to wonder where he goes from here.

On 28/05/2023 at 15:30, Peter Winthorpe said:

Surely the Cornwall game is the one to try different combinations and bring in a couple of fringe players.

Not over the top as we need a win but we can try Blaine at standoff and Matty at 13.

Why would you play your best hooker at 13 when you've just signed a 13 that previously played well for us in that position or have i missed that he's injured? Would you not give HD game time at loose forward to get him used to the plays and how Muzza wants him to play if he's fit?

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!