Sat 27th-Sun 28th May: The Betfred Championship Summer Bash Match Thread

I feared the worst when I saw our starting line-up. No proper half-backs. A couple of kids in the front row.. I'll take 16-4 at half-time. If we can keep the score reasonably respectable I will be happy

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Why are you surprised, promo none existent, any other sport would have had posters at the station and around the City , banners around the stadium and surrounding area at the very least. For what it would have cost they might have got at least a few non RL people coming if only out of curiosity. The amount of tourist York gets who are looking for something to do, and with the Park and Ride buses to and from the City Centre transport isn’t an issue. No forward thinking, no thought about promoting the game, it really is a joke.

Agree, shame really it should have been better run. 

• Like 1

Just now, YCKBob said:

I feared the worst when I saw our starting line-up. No proper half-backs. A couple of kids in the front row.. I'll take 16-4 at half-time. If we can keep the score reasonably respectable I will be happy

Especially against the squad we've got,York giving their best.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nah. Careless are worst, wasn't looking at Fitzsimons and was struggling to get up and play the ball. Unfortunate that Fitzsimons got cut but wasn't malicious.

Briscoe has too many stupid errors like that in his game. Could have easily have been sent off for that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I agree, great first half performance against us, really making it tough. Fev pretty disappointing.

Win the arm wrestle first, then start to play. 😉

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I was quite disappointed at the lack of a crowd. You could have probably got everyone in to the East stand. Maybe the Summer Bash has run it's course

• Like 2

Nowt in it, wrestling to get up. Unfortunately his head was in the wrong place as briscoe wrestles to get up. 

Kicking out should cite him a ban.

Overall mid performance from Fev and scored 46. They're gonna be scary once they get firing and halves get time playing together. Bare in mind that's fords 4/5th game this season 

• Haha 1

Three sets of photos from yesterdays matches (in between all the painkillers I had to take :() 

Not sure whether I'll be there today, got an operation tomorrow, and I'm a bit sore. 😞

https://dn7photography.pixieset.com/widnesvikingsvsswintonlions-summerbash2023/

https://dn7photography.pixieset.com/whitehavenvsbarrow-summerbash2023/

https://dn7photography.pixieset.com/londonbroncosvstoulouseolympique-summerbash2023/

• Thanks 1

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

10 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Nowt in it, wrestling to get up. Unfortunately his head was in the wrong place as briscoe wrestles to get up. 

Kicking out should cite him a ban.

Overall mid performance from Fev and scored 46. They're gonna be scary once they get firing and halves get time playing together. Bare in mind that's fords 4/5th game this season 

A job well done by the Rovers. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I have been several times. Just my view that the location is poor. Too far out of the city.

First Bash for us because it was at York,caught 2nd half of 2nd game went to Prezzo for a meal then 2nd half of 3rd game then ours. Suited us that but dissapointed with no fan zones or anything going on outside but i don't put that down to York surely the RL should have sorted something probably along with York. Not even a programme just one on line. 

12 hours ago, kiggy said:

I was quite disappointed at the lack of a crowd. You could have probably got everyone in to the East stand. Maybe the Summer Bash has run it's course

Was it a good day out ? Anyone sit through all 4 games ? Great to see Barrow get up.