Batley Away

Batley Bob

20 minutes ago, rich f said:

Thought we were great 2nd half going up the hill and dominated them. There's not many teams that will do that to Batley. It was a fantastic effort with the players we had available.  Unfortunately the problem is for all the pressure we put them under we just didn't have someone to produce a line break or that killer pass. Great effort but unfortunately the injuries cost us again today.

I think this is about right. You played the slope really well, but just lacked that little bit of creativity - and yes l know about your injuries. Ironically,  l thought you were at your most dangerous when you were throwing the ball around off the cuff. Thanks for playing a part in a really good day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

I would like to thank all the York fans for creating a great day and a great game , that went down to the wire , rugby league won today 

Fantastic atmosphere today and apart from the result thoroughly enjoyed it, thought the young guys were exceptional today but we are missing that bit of class that opens up the middle.

a class act by the Batley fans too, first time in a lot of years I have seen an opposing fan go to a player of the opposition and congratulate them on playing well. To me that is what sport is all about.

• Like 5

On another day, had a couple of 50/50 decisions gone our way, we may well have snatched a win. Has as been said, we just lacked that bit of magic to undo the Batley defence. Plenty of good performances today, but I thought Harrison was as good as anybody. 

It was good to see a big crowd inside Mount Pleasant, made for a really good atmosphere. Hopefully they were well enough entertained to return for the next match.

Great effort yesterday and I actually left the game happier than when we beat London & Newcastle, we were the better side throughout, hardly any errors, defence was good and they never got through us down the middle. If we'd have had a decent half-back for about 2 minutes of that game in the second half we'd have won. Both tries should have been converted too, that needs looking at cos if Batley had been needing to chase the game we might have opened them up.

We desperately need a player with a bit of spark otherwise the season will just run away from us.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

13 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

I would just like to say I agree with all the positive comments about the match and the whole event put on by the Batley club today. Any Knights fan who couldn't make it missed a treat unfortunately.

Yes John, we listened to Acko on the radio and although we never made it over( a pity as over the decades Batley was always a favourite visit) it was great that our makeshift side gave it their all for the many Knights fans. I was especially pleased for the SAGA trip from the Punch Bowl, it must have been difficult for those lads to even make it to the coach. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hya , Can we just say, what an absolutely belting day, and game, it was yesterday. Proper rugby, proper fans, great spirit great crowd. Thankyou from BISSA squadbuilder for your contributions. Much appreciated.

Also, does anyone know a Debbie Harris? or Debbie Hams? . Could be York fan, could be a Bulldogs fan. If anyone knows her, could you ask her to get in touch via BISSA or Colin Bottomley either Facebook or this forum. Little bit of good news for her. 

Many thanks again. 

Colin....BISSA. 

Edited by BISSA...
  • Like 2

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

I've just remembered what Hendo was quoted as saying in the Press before the game, something along the lines of having a plan for playing up the hill and a plan for playing down the hill. Well it didn't quite come off but it was mighty close. Hard luck Hendo! Well done! It certainly made for an entertaining watch, and of course the same goes for our lads on the pitch.

Edited by Clarence Street
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I've just remembered what Hendo was quoted as saying in the Press before the game, something along the lines of having a plan for playing up the hill and a plan for playing down the hill. Well it didn't quite come off but it was mighty close. Hard luck Hendo! Well done! It certainly made for an entertaining watch, and of course the same goes for our lads on the pitch.

If Hendo did indeed have a good plan for playing up the hill John then I wish York RL had it donkies years ago. I can hardly remember the number of times Batley have hammered us down that slope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter G. said:

If Hendo did indeed have a good plan for playing up the hill John then I wish York RL had it donkies years ago. I can hardly remember the number of times Batley have hammered us down that slope.

Not half Peter! When we saw we were playing down the slope in the first half we said we needed at least 20 points by half time to have a chance and when we only had the 4 we feared the worse but there you go, what do we know!

Yes Pete the SAGA trip went well! 41 old gits, the eldest in his 80th year! Started in Hanging Heaton WMC for a few sherbets then on to the ground. Free entry much appreciated. Reasonable beer prices,plenty of outlets. Good selection of foodstalls. Plenty of clean toilet areas. Decent stewards. Good band. Wrong result but not a bad game. We all enjoyed ourselves and will be back. Well done Batley.

• Like 5