Chizzy

Mr Hicks

44 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Depends on the cost, we could do with some experienced cover at half back as we don’t know how long Ford is going to be out but wouldn’t want to pay a lot for him. Was a rumour on Facebook that Koppy is going the other way and I personally wouldn’t be happy with that.

Nor me.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Depends on the cost, we could do with some experienced cover at half back as we don’t know how long Ford is going to be out but wouldn’t want to pay a lot for him. Was a rumour on Facebook that Koppy is going the other way and I personally wouldn’t be happy with that.

I've heard this as well but not sure if there's anything behind it. Kopzcak is the exact type of player we need, big experienced prop. I hope it happens.

I'm surprised you're in for Chizzy though. He doesn't strike me as a Sean Long player. His injury record this season isn't great either, he plays one, misses one or two, and then when he does play he's not full fit and can only do 60 mins.

• Like 1

Much as I love Chizzy, do we really need him?. Aekins playing in the half’s, allows us to play MK at fullback, and there’s Ford to return as well. Unless an extra special player comes available or we have injuries, I am not sure that we need to bring any other players in.

• Like 1

He misses a few matches but Koppy has been a very good signing for us.Always there to help clear our quarter or have a burst at the line in attack.He interacts with the crowd who love the effort he puts in despite advancing age for a rugby league player.I liked Chizzy because he could win a game in the blink of an eye and he had pace.But he did have some weaknesses in defence.No for me i would rather keep Koppy .

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Andrewj said:

You would be better to bring someone in who can compete in Superleague.  Bringing a player in who cannot step up with you seems pointless.. 

I agree, it’s just that especially in the half’s, there’s no players available we would probably have to look at OZ.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He misses a few matches but Koppy has been a very good signing for us.Always there to help clear our quarter or have a burst at the line in attack.He interacts with the crowd who love the effort he puts in despite advancing age for a rugby league player.I liked Chizzy because he could win a game in the blink of an eye and he had pace.But he did have some weaknesses in defence.No for me i would rather keep Koppy .

Definitely.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Much as I love Chizzy, do we really need him?. Aekins playing in the half’s, allows us to play MK at fullback, and there’s Ford to return as well. Unless an extra special player comes available or we have injuries, I am not sure that we need to bring any other players in.

But we do have injuries don't we ?  Whatever we think of Chizzy for me we are still light in the halves. Aekins did well last week but more as an individual.  Gale rarely saw the ball on that side and he's not got much of a kicking game.  I'm not too concerned right now about signing a half back that can step up to SL.  One that can get us there will do me.