Chizzy

Mr Hicks

latest rumour he's off to York

Thought Santi looked pretty useful when he was on the pitch, plenty of go forward plus he can get the ball out in a tackle, wonder f there is any truth in rumour that Chizzo  could be joining him from Keighley?

5 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Chizzy back. Although we aren’t all convinced, let’s get behind him. Gives us a bit more strength in depth, and a a bit of maverick quality. Welcome back Dane.

Got to assume Fordy is long term.  Can't say I'm over enthusiastic seemed very ordinary at Keighley, but hopefully he'll be better behind a decent pack.

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Got to assume Fordy is long term.  Can't say I'm over enthusiastic seemed very ordinary at Keighley, but hopefully he'll be better behind a decent pack.

I’d agree, but Chizzy has got that touch of quality. No half back is going to shine behind a team gettint beat each week.

4 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

He will certainly be better behind your pack than ours. I'm not convinced he's what you need though. Injury prone and weak defensively. 

Hopefully we can put the transfer money to use and sign a prop. I was hoping for Kopzcak in return as rumoured. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’d agree, but Chizzy has got that touch of quality. No half back is going to shine behind a team gettint beat each week.

He's part of the reason we were getting beat by such big scores. His lack of defense on our left edge meant we had to stick him out on the wing and even then it's was a procession down that side.

He will be much better protected with your pack of course and going forwards he obviously still has his magic moments, and you'll be doing more attacking than us. 

1 minute ago, Daft old hooker said:

Which makes even less sense 

We're pretty nailed on to make the play-offs so we're trying to position now for then. We're lacking that creativity that we're going to need against the better teams so I think we had to do something. As things stand we are fielding Lacans and Aekins at half back and I don't think many of us think that's ideal.

Bringing Chisholm back was probably about plan E or plan F rather than plan B but the one thing you'd say about him is that he has always responded well to a change of club and we'll all just have to hope he rises to the occasion like he did in 2019.

• Like 4

I like it, fans are always gunna moan whoever we signed, having him on out books is better than not having him, yes we’ve signed that young Wigan lad but what happens if he’s pants after one game aekins and lacans as good as they both are are not a promotion chancing half back combination 

• Like 1

Strange how Keighley have dressed this up as its unlikely a fee would be involved if its a mutual termination and its even more likely that Keighley will be covering part of his wages. Probably a good move for both parties, Keighley hoping they can cling on to Championship status and getting one of their top earners off the books and Fev obviously in need of a half back so to get one with experience and who knows the place is probably smart business.

• Like 1

Once he left Fev I don't think his heart was there at Keighley. He'll feel he's back at home at Fev. We are only a championship club and to me Chizzy, once fit is the best out there at our present level. Get behind the players. Believe me they may even respond better with the fans backing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Strange how Keighley have dressed this up as its unlikely a fee would be involved if its a mutual termination and its even more likely that Keighley will be covering part of his wages. Probably a good move for both parties, Keighley hoping they can cling on to Championship status and getting one of their top earners off the books and Fev obviously in need of a half back so to get one with experience and who knows the place is probably smart business.

Why would we be covering his wages? 

11 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Why would we be covering his wages? 

Same reason Keighley are covering part of Ben Crooks wages, had to pay over the top to bring quality players in and now are desparate to get them off the books to allow the finances to stack up as the owners start to panic.