Loan players

RLDB

Following on from Harvey Makin, 2 more youngsters from Wigan have come in on loan, centre Zach Eckersley and prop Kavan Rothwell.  Eckersley is a belter. 

Edited by RLDB

19 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Wasn't Eckersley on loan at Widnes, good player.

5 tries in 8 games. 

Wigan clearly trust Cresta to develop their players. Makin showed why London were desperate to keep him. I suspect Widnes wanted to keep Eckersley also. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Losing eckersley and Rothwell big blows. Rothwell might not be the biggest but he's game as the come, eckersley been solid haven't seen the try scoring exploits like at Widnes however didn't put a foot wrong in the games I saw. Can only think we're bringing a prop in and backing Corkill as our starting centre now he's back fit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Nicely worded but in reality the club didn't look to extend their loans,if they'd recalled them then makin would have followed suit aswel,assume players are about to return to the fold,which is fair enough 

By all means express opinions but, in reality, if you make out that you know what's happening at the heart of the club and you're wrong, you end up getting shot down by board members. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave W said:

By all means express opinions but, in reality, if you make out that you know what's happening at the heart of the club and you're wrong, you end up getting shot down by board members. 

Didn't claim to know what was going on at the club ,however if a parent club has 3 players out on loan at a club it's extremely rare that they recall two n leave the other ,very happy to have been shot down if that makes you feel better though 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Didn't claim to know what was going on at the club ,however if a parent club has 3 players out on loan at a club it's extremely rare that they recall two n leave the other ,very happy to have been shot down if that makes you feel better though 🤣

I'll leave the shooting down to the chairman! 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Strange in a previous post you stated the club had not looked to extend their loans, we all hear rumours and I reckon the majority are just horse cack.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tec said:

Strange in a previous post you stated the club had not looked to extend their loans, we all hear rumours and I reckon the majority are just horse cack.

As I said in a previous post it's extremely rare for a club to recall 2 out of 3 even more so when the one left has been far superior to the other two ,hence saying the reality may have been they didn't look to extend ,that's not the case ,all good so you can calm down now Mr poirot 

58 minutes ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

As I said in a previous post it's extremely rare for a club to recall 2 out of 3 even more so when the one left has been far superior to the other two ,hence saying the reality may have been they didn't look to extend ,that's not the case ,all good so you can calm down now Mr poirot 

Thanks for the update Miss Marple.

• Haha 1