4 Melbourne

5 Canberra

6 New Zealand Warriors

When look back in the 1960's

It was all about St George and Sydney

We need to look like something....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

3 hours ago, audois said:

Presently

1 Penrith

2 Brisbane

3 Cronulla

4 Melbourne

5 Canberra

6 New Zealand Warriors

You wont get a spread like that over here as the flat-cappers wont like it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

You wont get a spread like that over here as the flat-cappers wont like it

And the traditional clubs would complain about the cost of travel for away matches.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, audois said:

Presently

1 Penrith

2 Brisbane

3 Cronulla

4 Melbourne

5 Canberra

6 New Zealand Warriors

France as well, where the game seems to be contracting, such a shame. 

• Like 1

There's one city in that list in Melbourne that is expansion in Rugby League terms. The rest were all very strong Rugby League areas or certainly had a decent Rugby League heritage. There's few parallels with the game in this country unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

There's one city in that list in Melbourne that is expansion in Rugby League terms. The rest were all very strong Rugby League areas or certainly had a decent Rugby League heritage. There's few parallels with the game in this country unfortunately.

Correct , and what did they need to spend ( illegally ) on Melbourne to make it work ? , 30/40 million dollars ? 

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Correct , and what did they need to spend ( illegally ) on Melbourne to make it work ? , 30/40 million dollars ? 

They certainly didn’t use our withhold funding & make them pay for travel methods.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Played separately though so you aren’t going to get Queensland team showing up as NSW winners. 

Yes , but the OP put Brisbane as an expansion , as if RL wasn't played in Brisbane prior to the formation of the NRL 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Yes , but the OP put Brisbane as an expansion , as if RL wasn't played in Brisbane prior to the formation of the NRL 

I know that was the point I was making Queensland teams aren’t going to show up as champions in the 60s because they were playing in a different comp. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

I know that was the point I was making Queensland teams aren’t going to show up as champions in the 60s because they were playing in a different comp. 

Champions of what though ? , Did those in Queensland consider the winners of the NSW comp the Champions of Australia ? 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Champions of what though ? , Did those in Queensland consider the winners of the NSW comp the Champions of Australia ? 

Maybe not but the NSWRL was widely considered the Premier comp in the country,they did have the vast majority of the countries best players.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No but we do have enough to treat clubs coming in fairly,surely.

But that's still not ploughing tens of millions into a club ? , and actually helping them cheat to get established ?

Is it ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Maybe not but the NSWRL was widely considered the Premier comp in the country,they did have the vast majority of the countries best players.

Considered by who ? , Those in Queensland ? , And yes they had more players than Queensland , so what ? , Did they play professional RL in Queensland before the formation of the NRL ? , If so it wasn't expansion , was it ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Considered by who ? , Those in Queensland ? , And yes they had more players than Queensland , so what ? , Did they play professional RL in Queensland before the formation of the NRL ? , If so it wasn't expansion , was it ? 

Mr Angry today I see,I’ll leave you too it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, audois said:

Presently

1 Penrith

2 Brisbane

3 Cronulla

4 Melbourne

5 Canberra

6 New Zealand Warriors

So by that logic Leigh are a SL expansion club , I'm fine with that 😉

20 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The NSWRL was the premier comp in Australia despite what an old angry man from Leigh says & is the precursor to the NRL,that’s why clubs are credited with premierships going back to its inception.

The Brisbane comp was pretty successful in its own right but with the  birth of the Broncos it sadly faded away,although the Qld Cup is a pretty successful comp these days.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So by that logic Leigh are a SL expansion club , I'm fine with that 😉

What’s more surprising is rugby league hasn’t been played in Warrington since 1954. 

• Haha 2

Are Melbourne really expansion,they don't produce high levels of junior players into the competition, the value is more profile for the competition especially on TV rights deals.