Fri 14th Jul: Leeds Rhinos v Hull KR KO 20:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/23 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Let’s agree to disagree.

The only reason Hull KR had two attempts at DGs is because Leeds knocked on.

we were set up for a DG in the last 5 minutes and Sangare knocked on at the PTB.

At 18 all we were in their 30 for 6 sets, not 6 tackles, the majority of at least 6 sets.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

At 18 all we were in their 30 for 6 sets, not 6 tackles, the majority of at least 6 sets.

Yes  absolutely... lost count of how many times Sezer was waiting in drop goal position in last 10 to 15 mins only for one of the other players taking wrong decision. Either passing out towards wing or rushing to ptb leading to an error  I.e. lacking the composure.

I,m sure we would except the drop goal being missed but not the lack of awareness from so many players.

Surely it is a well rehearsed on the training ground.

Hull kr worthy winners and showed how to set up and take right decisions at each of their attempts.

Edited by redjonn

Rovers have kept their season alive here.

Second half Rhinos had massive possession and mostly in the Rovers 20 .Every six seemed to become 12 and sometimes 18. But Rovers kept them to just one score and took it to extra time.

Extra time and it was Leeds under pressure and Rovers took advantage.

Honestly if Jordan Abdull had been playing tonight in the wet conditions I don't think Leeds could have handled him. He won't be available for the semi final but Brad Schneider might just be a decent replacement.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Is he permanent captain? If not then his temporary captaincy is undermined

He is permanent captain until another one gets appointed. Much like any other captain, in any team, under any coach.

Edited by V02

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Pretty sure I saw him on the bench last Sunday...

6 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

He might have sat there, but he wasn’t in the team… only landed that morning!

I know...it was a joke...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I know...it was a joke...

I’ll happily take that at face value guv, but you’re definitely going to need to work on your material if so 🤣

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’ll happily take that at face value guv, but you’re definitely going to need to work on your material if so 🤣

To be fair, people are often telling me that.

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, V02 said:

He is permanent captain until another one gets appointed. Much like any other captain, in any team, under any coach.

This is factually incorrect Rohan Smith said earlier in the year that there wouldn't  be a single captain instead drawing lot's kinda thing Ash Handley has been captain quite a bit. 

9 hours ago, V02 said:

When that is on a weekly basis with him, Handley, Sezer even taking turns, then its temporary for all of them.

I get what he's tried to do with the leadership council thing, but unfortunately it has failed to produce time and time again.

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

When that is on a weekly basis with him, Handley, Sezer even taking turns, then its temporary for all of them.

I get what he's tried to do with the leadership council thing, but unfortunately it has failed to produce time and time again.

44 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

This is factually incorrect Rohan Smith said earlier in the year that there wouldn't  be a single captain instead drawing lot's kinda thing Ash Handley has been captain quite a bit. 

Co-captains in Handley and Smith is not a radical idea. Nobody else is taking turns or drawing lots or flipping coins. 

3 hours ago, V02 said:

Co-captains in Handley and Smith is not a radical idea. Nobody else is taking turns or drawing lots or flipping coins. 

In reality it’s pretty much the same as most teams deal with Captains, it’s just another stick for the anti Rohan Smith Leeds fans to use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, V02 said:

It isn't co-captains. And Sezer was captain at Salford last week wasn't he?

35 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

In reality it’s pretty much the same as most teams deal with Captains, it’s just another stick for the anti Rohan Smith Leeds fans to use.

Its not the same as most teams though is it? Most teams have a single captain and then a string of vice captains who take over if the captain isn't on the field. 

I don't think it would be as bad for Smith on this issue if he stopped saying things about a lack of leadership in his press conferences, when lots of Leeds fans think that is an issue attributable directly to his decision.

I've always said I understand what he is trying to do, but he is very slow to change things that obviously, even by his own admission, aren’t working.

21 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It isn't co-captains. And Sezer was captain at Salford last week wasn't he?

No, he wasn't. It was Smith and Handley. Again.

21 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Its not the same as most teams though is it? Most teams have a single captain and then a string of vice captains who take over if the captain isn't on the field. 

I don't think it would be as bad for Smith on this issue if he stopped saying things about a lack of leadership in his press conferences, when lots of Leeds fans think that is an issue attributable directly to his decision.

I've always said I understand what he is trying to do, but he is very slow to change things that obviously, even by his own admission, aren’t working.

Do you think the senior players won't speak unless they have an imaginary (c) next to their name? Or that players won't listen to them if they aren't the captain?

I don't remember him saying much about a lack of leadership as much as a lack of game management. That is to do with the spine, not the imaginary (c).

On 14/07/2023 at 22:52, Tommygilf said:

Yes, Rovers earned the right to win the game with resilient defence in the final quarter. But in all honesty in a tight game, in wet conditions, any professional outfit would have had some more field goal attempts at 18-all in that period. Not much a defence can do about that, but Leeds oddly chose not to. 

I'm not complaining mind! 🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 15/07/2023 at 15:52, Chrispmartha said:

Let's just look at some basic facts here the most successful teams from recent years have had a strong captains Roby Tompkins Sinfield to name just a few it's not Anti Rohan it's proven in any combat situation you need a leader that gives you direction and confidence Leeds don't have one that's why it's passed around. 

11 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Let's just look at some basic facts here the most successful teams from recent years have had a strong captains Roby Tompkins Sinfield to name just a few it's not Anti Rohan it's proven in any combat situation you need a leader that gives you direction and confidence Leeds don't have one that's why it's passed around. 

The basic fact is it isn’t being ‘passed around’ Cameron Smith has been the captain with Handley taking over if Smith goes off.

Now you may have a point that CS isn’t the best choice but he is the first choice.

28 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The basic fact is it isn’t being ‘passed around’ Cameron Smith has been the captain with Handley taking over if Smith goes off.

Now you may have a point that CS isn’t the best choice but he is the first choice.

Reese Martin would be my choice. 

19 hours ago, V02 said:

No, he wasn't. It was Smith and Handley. Again.

Do you think the senior players won't speak unless they have an imaginary (c) next to their name? Or that players won't listen to them if they aren't the captain?

I don't remember him saying much about a lack of leadership as much as a lack of game management. That is to do with the spine, not the imaginary (c).

then again sometimes you can have too many voices leading to confusion or taking different options than others... not saying that is happening at Leeds but it is always a possibility without a really strong voice/leader.

As to game management and the spine... well you had Myler speaking and you could see from his hand/arm trying to calm team in the hectic moments - that is to be more composed... Plus Sezer sat waiting for the ball for a DG attempt a number of times.... so that's two of the spine trying to get team organised, yet for some reason others took the wrong or lets say different options.

What ever it was some didn't seem clear what was needed... 

In the press conference afterwards Smith questioned with his stat about going for DG... something about it only being successful 51% of time.... no wonder uncertainty to take the right option.    I guess KR showed the stat may be correct as they missed one of two attempts but  it also showed why you attempt DG in the circumstances.... as any professional team would have. They won two important points... something Leeds will look back on as to why not in play-offs, as well as many other reasons.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, redjonn said:

then again sometimes you can have too many voices leading to confusion or taking different options than others... not saying that is happening at Leeds but it is always a possibility without a really strong voice/leader.

As to game management and the spine... well you had Myler speaking and you could see from his hand/arm trying to calm team in the hectic moments - that is to be more composed... Plus Sezer sat waiting for the ball for a DG attempt a number of times.... so that's two of the spine trying to get team organised, yet for some reason others took the wrong or lets say different options.

What ever it was some didn't seem clear what was needed... 

In the press conference afterwards Smith questioned with his stat about going for DG... something about it only being successful 51% of time.... no wonder uncertainty to take the right option.    I guess KR showed the stat may be correct as they missed one of two attempts but  it also showed why you attempt DG in the circumstances.... as any professional team would have. They won two important points... something Leeds will look back on as to why not in play-offs, as well as many other reasons.

I don't think it helps that as much as I rate him OConner is an unexperienced hooker so will take the wrong options at DH sometimes.

If the rumour of Dany Levi signing for next season is true the will help both him and Johnson in their development.

I wouldn't write Leeds off as out of the playoffs just yet, we're 2 point behind and a lot can happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don't think it helps that as much as I rate him OConner is an unexperienced hooker so will take the wrong options at DH sometimes.

If the rumour of Dany Levi signing for next season is true the will help both him and Johnson in their development.

I wouldn't write Leeds off as out of the playoffs just yet, we're 2 point behind and a lot can happen.

yep, and imho he needs to improve his passing.  Sezer is often having to readjust in order to capture which in itself can give momentary to the defending time to have defensive line better prepared for next passing play...

fair enough on the play-offs.. just think they have x3 tough away fixtures. maybe x4 if Gaints have turned around.

yer never know...