NRL Round 20 Thread

8 hours ago, Graham said:

FT

Roosters 16 - 30 Storm

Score Summary

D. Tupou 33, D. Tupou 78, S. Wong 80 Tries X. Coates 12, J. Hughes 53, X. Coates 56, H. Grant 64, X. Coates 74
J. Suaalii 78, J. Suaalii 80 Conversions N. Meaney 13, N. Meaney 54, N. Meaney 58, N. Meaney 65, N. Meaney 76

And 23 penalties and restarts 

Decided to have a lie-in for a change, so only watching the Eels/Titans game, which has been entertaining so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Womble-Dullard gets 10 for going in hard with both knees on an already-tackled player. Nasty.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Eels 18:16 Titans with 35 minutes to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gutho awarded a 50/50 (hmm...) decision and it's 24 all with 12 minutes to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Para getting the marginal decisions 60/40?

Who is Titans no 10 and why is he a marked man?

Tino Faasuamaleaui - he led with a high elbow earlier in the game, but it wasn't considered bad enough for a card (unlike RCG's knees in the back), so the Eels fans got all snotty whenever he had the ball.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tino Faasuamaleaui - he led with a high elbow earlier in the game, but it wasn't considered bad enough for a card (unlike RCG's knees in the back), so the Eels fans got all snotty whenever he had the ball.

You obviously came top of the class in spelling! I never have trouble spelling his name….T….I…..N…..O.

• Haha 1

The ref in that titans game really struggled . Even at the end he clearly called RCG not square , he chased Tanah Boyd down when he attempted a field goal and still didn’t give a penalty 

On 16/07/2023 at 09:45, Futtocks said:

Womble-Dullard gets 10 for going in hard with both knees on an already-tackled player. Nasty.

I’d like to know what a red card is in the NRL . Him and Sivo are lucky . If you get a lengthy ban  surely that should be a red card .