Jordan Weir on radio no no

Unicorn 106

Just now, Unicorn 106 said:

Just heard Jordan Weir on the radio talking about havens financial plight, he blamed loss of central funding and lack of cash from the Nuclear gravy train. I’m not sure if he mentioned the poor attendances 🤔 only caught part of it so maybe he did. 

Radio no no , wtf 🙄

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Just heard Jordan Weir on the radio talking about havens financial plight, he blamed loss of central funding and lack of cash from the Nuclear gravy train. I’m not sure if he mentioned the poor attendances 🤔 only caught part of it so maybe he did. 

Didn't realise Eilbeck was back at the Jam.

41 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Didn't realise Eilbeck was back at the Jam.

He walked away because someone with money was going to put coin into the club and didn't want him involved. But after they seen the state the club was in they said eff that and ran as fast as they could up coach Rd never to be seen again... 

• Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Bit rich certain Town Fans criticising Haven gates - I know Town had nearly 1400 last week but at £5 entry that equates to less than 500 attending for the normal £15.  Hope plenty come back when the cheap offers are removed.  Both Town & Haven need increased crowds to survive and Haven are averaging just over 1000, better than the 750 a few years ago.

Barrow are seen as well supported in comparison by getting over 2000 fans but they have a population of 66,000 compared to Whitehaven at 25,000 & Town at 30,000.

44 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Bit rich certain Town Fans criticising Haven gates - I know Town had nearly 1400 last week but at £5 entry that equates to less than 500 attending for the normal £15.  Hope plenty come back when the cheap offers are removed.  Both Town & Haven need increased crowds to survive and Haven are averaging just over 1000, better than the 750 a few years ago.

Barrow are seen as well supported in comparison by getting over 2000 fans but they have a population of 66,000 compared to Whitehaven at 25,000 & Town at 30,000.

I think the bigger problem is that your directors apparently budgeted for gates of 1200

42 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

You should check facts before you post...... That £5 entry was for before 11..15 to entice support for the ladies team. After that it was normal prices on the gate, although early bird tickets were available online until 12 that day.

• Like 6

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Hope they can sort it out. But how many times have they been in this position? Yes, we have ourselves recently but we seem to have the club in a much sounder position. Vital that these clubs have multiple streams of income like we have had recently with the women's soccer and now the women's RL. 

On the BBC website  it quotes Jonty Gorley as saying Haven are in trouble and may fold if they don't get new funding. He and the other coaches and players have not been paid and they have lost 3 players.

This was us last year and we were lucky to survive and lost players to them.

We started a Just giving page and our fans and many in the rugby league community dug deep and raised over £10k.

Most of our players took a pay cut and we rebuilt using local players, and live to face another season with optimism.

Without Haven we would be in a bad state for local rugby league. Have they asked for donations or for their players to to take a pay cut. I questioned recently how they could afford their imports from Fiji, PNG and the many aussies. Have they gambled too much to stay in the championship.

I expect they will stay up but will they have a team or club next year. I like many townies certainly hope so, but is it just bad management and budgeting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

On the BBC website  it quotes Jonty Gorley as saying Haven are in trouble and may fold if they don't get new funding. He and the other coaches and players have not been paid and they have lost 3 players.

This was us last year and we were lucky to survive and lost players to them.

We started a Just giving page and our fans and many in the rugby league community dug deep and raised over £10k.

Most of our players took a pay cut and we rebuilt using local players, and live to face another season with optimism.

Without Haven we would be in a bad state for local rugby league. Have they asked for donations or for their players to to take a pay cut. I questioned recently how they could afford their imports from Fiji, PNG and the many aussies. Have they gambled too much to stay in the championship.

I expect they will stay up but will they have a team or club next year. I like many townies certainly hope so, but is it just bad management and budgeting.

Bit of breathing space just been confirmed 

2 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

It was only £5 for those who went early for the ladies game, maybe 200 max, we had over a thousand the week before with no cheap admission, not bad in a ###### league. I very much doubt haven are averaging over 1000. I don’t know where you get these figures from.🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donald said:

Bit of breathing space just been confirmed 

Donald you say "bit of breathing space"  but elsewhere it's being described as "significant investment". Can you confirm or give us an idea of which one it is. That Seems a bit contradictory.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Donald you say "bit of breathing space"  but elsewhere it's being described as "significant investment". Can you confirm or give us an idea of which one it is. That Seems a bit contradictory.

No idea how much it's worth be enough to see season out then new sponsors next season . Laddos based in Aberdeen it's a national comp he runs and he's a whitehaven lad . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donald said:

No idea how much it's worth be enough to see season out then new sponsors next season . Laddos based in Aberdeen it's a national comp he runs and he's a whitehaven lad . 

Rumours are a few new investors including the latest investors into Town but as I say, just rumours.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Rumours are a few new investors including the latest investors into Town but as I say, just rumours.

Ortus energy them lot who do town won't want us aswell . Wouldn't mind a big firm taking reds on be good for the area if they got to conference level

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...