Littler

jroyales

45 minutes ago, Oldham123 said:

Honestly, I don’t. I just think the comments about Littler are uncalled for and that there’s more to this story. I think the way that the board have gone about his dismissal is wrong and it could go either way now. Just got to see what happens now I guess 

How exactly was it wrong? The statement from the club was very clear. Results and performances were below expectations and a decision to go in a new direction was taken now in order to address the slide and hopefully give us a better chance in the playoffs. What's wrong about that exactly? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

How exactly was it wrong? The statement from the club was very clear. Results and performances were below expectations and a decision to go in a new direction was taken now in order to address the slide and hopefully give us a better chance in the playoffs. What's wrong about that exactly? 

So it’s true because that’s what the statement says.. If that’s the case then why wouldn’t they have made the decision after the Hunslet game? Instead they waited until the day they were back in training after a week off without even giving him a chance to speak to the team and tell them what’s happening, I just don’t agree with it but that’s my personal opinion based on the information I have been given. Maybe you should speak to some of the players at the next game and see what they think to the situation and then you’ll get a true idea of what’s going on

35 minutes ago, Oldham123 said:

So it’s true because that’s what the statement says.. If that’s the case then why wouldn’t they have made the decision after the Hunslet game? Instead they waited until the day they were back in training after a week off without even giving him a chance to speak to the team and tell them what’s happening, I just don’t agree with it but that’s my personal opinion based on the information I have been given. Maybe you should speak to some of the players at the next game and see what they think to the situation and then you’ll get a true idea of what’s going on

Perhaps they had made the decision after Hunslet but didn't take action because the coach and players already had that time booked off. I'm sure the directors probably had some time booked off as well as we had a gap in fixtures. Of course players are going to be unhappy with the situation. That always happens with a change of coach. Your comments smack of fitting into a personal agenda if you ask me. That's just my personal opinion. 

There's been enough surrendered leads this season.Hunslet confirmed that a change had to be made.In case you all forgot,we kept Diskin for too long.Its a gamble,whether it works or not ,it has to be tried.

Ps I heard both sides of that Union stuff when it was happening.Not relevant to Oldham at all.Fordy did nothing wrong,just had different opinions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Perhaps they had made the decision after Hunslet but didn't take action because the coach and players already had that time booked off. I'm sure the directors probably had some time booked off as well as we had a gap in fixtures. Of course players are going to be unhappy with the situation. That always happens with a change of coach. Your comments smack of fitting into a personal agenda if you ask me. That's just my personal opinion. 

Maybe so, who knows what the logic was I guess we’ll never know. I definitely have no agenda and I don’t know what you are insinuating, I just want the best for the club and the players and just don’t agree with how things have been dealt with but it is what it is. As I’ve said before on forums these players and also coaches are real people with families to support and it’s not nice when they are being abused for all to see, but I guess that’s the nature of sport 

34 minutes ago, Oldham123 said:

Maybe so, who knows what the logic was I guess we’ll never know. I definitely have no agenda and I don’t know what you are insinuating, I just want the best for the club and the players and just don’t agree with how things have been dealt with but it is what it is. As I’ve said before on forums these players and also coaches are real people with families to support and it’s not nice when they are being abused for all to see, but I guess that’s the nature of sport 

The players would want to look at their own performances before anything else. As bad as I think the previous coach was, their own discipline at times has been shocking, numerous suspensions this season and gifting teams a way back in to games.

The majority of them are not good enough and won't be at the club next season.

2 hours ago, RoughyedsFan_merged said:

The players would want to look at their own performances before anything else. As bad as I think the previous coach was, their own discipline at times has been shocking, numerous suspensions this season and gifting teams a way back in to games.

The majority of them are not good enough and won't be at the club next season.

Is there anyone else you wish to insult? So far, you've insulted the coach and the players in your recent posts. By doing so, you've also insulted their families, the fans, and the backroom staff who have given their support so willingly, until recent events. Not really the way to go, I'd say, for a 'happy ship'. 

• Like 1

Must be a hairnet supporter trying to cause mischief.

This weekend's game is massive. It will show the players are behind the club and coach. They will also be playing for their reputations and contracts for next season in the championship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Is there anyone else you wish to insult? So far, you've insulted the coach and the players in your recent posts. By doing so, you've also insulted their families, the fans, and the backroom staff who have given their support so willingly, until recent events. Not really the way to go, I'd say, for a 'happy ship'. 

Even for you that's a stretch. Just because opinions don't match your own, it doesn't mean they are insults. Unless you can actually quote an insult of course? No, thought not. When people stop having opinions (caring) then we may as well pack up and finish. In referring to 'backroom staff who have given their support so willingly, until recent events', don't dismay as I'm sure they'll pop up at Widnes shortly and support their new team 😉

5 hours ago, Oldham123 said:

You sound more like our old friend Logic every post. Hamiltonite or Hornet I'm not quite sure. However, please feel free to point out where players and coaches have been 'abused'. I certainly haven't seen anything like that. Plenty of opinion which people are entitled to though. 

enough of this she said he said back to rugby.

jrs question of a coach, first of all daryl powell and plus his assistant coach who as always been with him every were he as coached imo would cost to much.

and the monies he would want to sign the players of his choice.

matt diskin ex oldham coach, he as coached 3 clubs in his career.

matches coached 65   wins 25 enough said

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tandle said:

enough of this she said he said back to rugby.

jrs question of a coach, first of all daryl powell and plus his assistant coach who as always been with him every were he as coached imo would cost to much.

and the monies he would want to sign the players of his choice.

matt diskin ex oldham coach, he as coached 3 clubs in his career.

matches coached 65   wins 25 enough said

I honestly can’t think of any standout candidates that aren’t already in jobs elsewhere. When the end of season merry go round kicks in it may become clearer. Have got a feeling the club have something up their sleeve.

1 hour ago, Roughyed Rats said:

You sound more like our old friend Logic every post. Hamiltonite or Hornet I'm not quite sure. However, please feel free to point out where players and coaches have been 'abused'. I certainly haven't seen anything like that. Plenty of opinion which people are entitled to though. 

Ok pal. Definitely neither but if that’s what you want to believe then go ahead haha. Maybe abused isn’t the right word but a lot of comments on here about Littler and often about players aren’t nice to read, but as I said, that seems to be a part of pro sport now. 

3 hours ago, jroyales said:

Must be a hairnet supporter trying to cause mischief.

This weekend's game is massive. It will show the players are behind the club and coach. They will also be playing for their reputations and contracts for next season in the championship.

Definitely not.  Any true Hornet will be pleased to see the progress that has been made by your club, and hope it can be replicated at our end of the motorway. 

We need both clubs to be strong and playing red hot derby games in the championship.

Now focus on getting your visas sorted and finding some legal tender to spend at the forthcoming game of the century at Parque de Spotland. Could be a warm up for the play offs (or in your case the play off…….its only this side of Royton where play offs extend to muliple games😀)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Logic said:

4 hours ago, Logic said:

If that's an insult to you, it'd be a wonder how you make it through every day life.

We're fifth in the league, somebody, somewhere hasn't been good enough for that to be reality. Nobody is standing at the tunnel berating them as they come off here, but we have a right as paying fans to an opinion. For what it's worth, mine appears to be the same as the current board members who have sacked the coach and are in the process of overhauling the squad to be competitive at a higher level.

Just to throw a name into the mix in your head coach hunt maybe Denis Betts would be interested I know he is keen to be a head coach again and sounds like an exciting project about to begin at your place

Edited by Viking man
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Great signing as a player. Oldham lad as well. Straight in as head coach though?

Obviously we all want to go up this season, but if we don't, our squad will be by far the strongest at this level and a great opportunity for a first time coach to learn on the job. No guarantee of success just having the best side of course but I think he'll do really well, loads of experience in the game, played under some top coaches himself.

Worth remembering we've had some good success with first time player/coaches at the start of the millennium in Ford and Molloy who both had good play off runs.

Ford is sticking to his word in putting Oldhamers at the forefront of a positive future.

• Like 4