North Wales Crusaders (H)

graham fisher

The first of which I’m hoping are our last four games of the season. We need to get back to playing like we were a few weeks back because if we don’t then we can kiss goodbye to automatic promotion. All four games will bring different challenges,challenges we will have to be up for. North Wales is probably the easiest game we’ve got on paper, but they’ll come with nothing to lose.

My prediction.

Rams 38.  North Wales 6

Fts Lewis Carr

Mom Brad Graham 

Att ?

For me, this Sunday is about putting in a good performance and getting back up to speed after a 2 week lay-off before the huge game at Hunslet ....... who turned Oldham over in impressive style apparently last weekend.

Discipline is key on Sunday - we can't afford to lose anyone through suspension for the Hunslet encounter.

Get the job done on Sunday and then prepare for our biggest game in quite some time ...... Exciting or what ??

Does anyone know if Ferguson will be back this weekend ?? (or available, at least) 

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

For me, this Sunday is about putting in a good performance and getting back up to speed after a 2 week lay-off before the huge game at Hunslet ....... who turned Oldham over in impressive style apparently last weekend.

Discipline is key on Sunday - we can't afford to lose anyone through suspension for the Hunslet encounter.

Get the job done on Sunday and then prepare for our biggest game in quite some time ...... Exciting or what ??

Does anyone know if Ferguson will be back this weekend ?? (or available, at least) 

I agree with the sentiment but any disciplinary issues arising wouldn't factor in before the Workington game.

Exciting, yes, but also nerve-jangling based on recent performances. Let's hope the lay-off has allowed Liam to get the players refocussed.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The simple facts

Working on clubs maximum points

Dewsbury 4 games left possible 

35 points

Hunslet 4 games left possible 

30 points 

Doncaster 6 games left possible

32 points

Victories against NWC & Workington blows Hunslet out of the title race. 

Doncaster & Hunslet both have to travel to Workington.. Never easy

Defeats to both Hunslet & Doncaster will put us in the play offs

Doncaster are and remain the biggest danger 

I'd take now winning 

NWC

Workington 

Doncaster

And losing to Hunslet

Hopefully the lads will surprise us and win all the remaining games at a cantor... 

But our current away form is a little distressing specially when we have to travel away to the 2 strongest challengers for our crown

Confident.. No

Hopeful.. Yes

Discipline will be the key vs Hunslet 

If we get dragged into a Kilshaw slug fest of his usual Sh.ithousery 

We will come out second best 

We simply cannot bully teams, boss them out of the game, we haven't an enforcer... Unless Fergy can get himself fit, I'm just hoping the RFL in their wisdom (2 words you don't often see in the same sentence) send a decent referee for this game, and not the clueless inexperienced refs that litter the League 1

Hunslet has to be a clinical display and show them who is the champions... And with the right attitude will be us🏆💪😃

• Like 2

So, how will we do?

On paper a straightforward game that we should win by 20+. A wet pitch, lack of match practice and possible complacency could derail this, but I don't expect that it will. This is a chance for the players to enhance their professional credentials with a solid performance.

Rams 38 - 12 Cru

FTS: Restall

MoM: Turner

Att: a few.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We must have been poor when we played the Hurricanes (or they upped their game for us) if you have seen that club’s results for the two matches after our game against them. Hunslet thrashed them and I suppose that was true of their defeat by Cornwall.

Now we must improve our play if we are to gain promotion without dropping into to the playoffs and therefore must utilise our strongest team for each of the remaining matches. Without having seen the squad for this coming wet Sunday fixture, my considered selection is:

Restall; Carr,  O’Connor, Greensmith, Whiteley; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Ronan Dixon; Garside, Graham; Collinson

subs: Davies, Day, Morris, Walker

18th. man: Davey Dixon.

We should be too strong for the Crusaders, but they do seem to score near the end of matches, however I will suggest:

Dewsbury 34-8 North Wales

FTS: Graham

MoM: O’Connor

Att: 654

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

21 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Restall; Carr,  O’Connor, Greensmith, Whiteley; Sykes, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Ronan Dixon; Garside, Graham; Collinson

subs: Davies, Day, Morris, Walker

18th. man: Davey Dixon.

We should be too strong for the Crusaders, but they do seem to score near the end of matches, however I will suggest:

Dewsbury 34-8 North Wales

FTS: Graham

MoM: O’Connor

Att: 654

I can’t argue with your team selection. I think Will Maher will start though with R Dixon off the bench,maybe replacing Walker,can’t understand why Jack Coventry doesn’t get a chance. I don’t think Sam Day will be playing on Sunday,hope I’m wrong though.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I can’t argue with your team selection. I think Will Maher will start though with R Dixon off the bench,maybe replacing Walker,can’t understand why Jack Coventry doesn’t get a chance. I don’t think Sam Day will be playing on Sunday,hope I’m wrong though.

What’s up wi’ Sam?

Maher was supposedly with us for two weeks, which ended around three weeks ago didn’t it?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Credit to Crusaders for defending well, came with the same game plan as Oldham to slow down and spoil, which the ref did nothing to stop. And no yellow cards for the late hit on Sykes or 2nd tip tackle tip which was a definite yellow.

We defended well, hardly gave them a sniff, but the attack seemed flat, bombed a couple of clear tries and it will need to be better next week at Hunslet. Sometimes a break isn't a good thing and hopefully we will be sharper, the weather will be better and Sam Day and Dale Ferguson will be back. 

• Like 2

Think that was just what we needed to shake the cobwebs off and remove any complacency. Cru are the best of the expansion sides in L1 and showed it today with a strong performance though a combination of spoiling tactics and with the poor weather kept it a tighter score line than one would have liked. But we showed good touches in tricky conditions and found some mettle despite the sin binning. Puts us in a good position for the Hunslet game. Full marks to the Cru supporters for keeping their spirits up throughout.

• Like 1

It was never going to be pretty in those conditions but it's job almost done now after that result at Doncaster.... Let's hope we can finish the job at Hunslet and celebrate the week after with our last home game.... Nearly there!! 

• Like 1

Today was not a day for expansive rugby, yet still we tried it a bit, but that might be why we bombed a few tries. We got the job done in an unattractive way, but after that long layoff, combined with the conditions, perhaps we can accept that.

I think O’Connor’s try was the best of our two and was pleased that Davies received the MoM award as he does work hard. I think we switched off slightly when they scored their try, but it was well worked, with Abel scoring. He stood out for me in their side, as he did in the corresponding fixture at played at Widnes.

Their fans were excellent and and gave us a rendition of “Delilah” in the Royal Suite, along with a song in Welsh. I spoke with a couple of those knowledgeable supporters too, frustrated as they are unsure when they will play at their home ground, but seem happy with their position within the game.

• Like 4
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Fair post. At the game I was cursing etc about our energy and application. Felt we we lethargic but in the cold light of day and at this stage of the season job done. However more concerned about club owner aspirations going forward.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

However more concerned about club owner aspirations going forward.

There must have been a fair level of investment this year to get us to be as competitive as we have been in L1.

Now with just one win needed from the last 3 games then we are potentially in a superb position for recruitment and entering into dialogue for new players.

That is providing the coach is staying.  If not then the opportunity could well be lost and the incoming coach will have to start again in assembling his own squad which won’t be easy.

Fingers crossed that Finn will stay for at least another season.🤞

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 4
rambo.gif

37 minutes ago, Rambo said:

There must have been a fair level of investment this year to get us to be as competitive as we have been in L1.

Now with just one win needed from the last 3 games then we are potentially in a superb position for recruitment and entering into dialogue for new players.

That is providing the coach is staying.  If not then the opportunity could well be lost and the incoming coach will have to start again in assembling his own squad which won’t be easy.

Fingers crossed that Finn will stay for at least another season.🤞

I think Finn will be staying. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I think Finn will be staying. 

I don't think it's as simple as Liam simply jumping ship. 

There is a whole lot more to consider, the coaching staff have jobs, go to Halifax they'll want a full time employment from the will Halifax... They've all good jobs.. Would they really want to risk their livelihoods, for a shot at the big time?? The big time they'll be already in with Dewsbury barring disasters.. They've young families where balancing family time would be difficult... Is it all worth it when they are at a club that holds them in high esteem?? 

How much money would be involved to turn your head so you didn't have quality family time? , or stability in your job? , or a settled life at home? 

Sometimes the biggest money, is not the smart money

And quality time.. Has no value.. 

Because it's simply priceless❤️

Let Luke Robinson have the job🤔

• Like 2