WEMBLEY!

Piggy's mate

Matter of interest; how come Halifax got a change of date next weekend to allow them extra rest/prep time? Seems like we're not just playing Halifax eh?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, phildog said:

Matter of interest; how come Halifax got a change of date next weekend to allow them extra rest/prep time? Seems like we're not just playing Halifax eh?

Wasn't that change of date designed to avoid either team having an advantage in prep time?

In fact Batley still get 2.5 hours advantage 😉

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, phildog said:

Playing on Monday night and then potentially off travelling again on Friday, would seem a bit harsh on part time players.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2023 at 17:52, Keep The Faith said:

The club have transport available as do Batley Boys arlfc 

no new shirt been made for Wembley RFL says we have to play in our 2023 home kit 

Yet Leigh can change the colour of their shirts.

10 hours ago, RogerT said:

Yet Leigh can change the colour of their shirts.

Let’s be serious here 

Leigh and hull Kr will clash kits if they both wear there home shirt

we’ve clashed with Halifax before when wearing white and been close to a fine from the rfl plus don’t forget the referee has to fit in with his kit… 

Please stop thinking they have agenda for the club… 

• Like 1

I have no agenda with the club I was just answering you, how does Leighs black or a shade of blue clash with red and white, refs have that many different colours that's no problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

I have no agenda with the club I was just answering you, how does Leighs black or a shade of blue clash with red and white, refs have that many different colours that's no problem.

And they aren't just playing in their normal alternate away shirt, its a new design especially for the final. 

Could be due to us playing in different competitions, of course, but does seem inconsistent if the RFL really have said we must play in our home shirt.