It starts now, This is your team.

Bedford Roughyed

Yes I am on board for the next chapter in our history.  Had no intention of following the previous owners ideas of running the club as so many people I know also stayed away.

A big thank you to Mike and the other directors and I will be at BP next year. 

Rugby League is in a mess atm and I have a gut feeling we will soon be back to the top table very soon just in time for the big change this sport requires. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

In fact, re my previous post on this thread, wouldn't pomp and circumstance (land of hope and glory) be a great tune for the team to run out to at BP? God has made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet. Look at the response at the last night of the proms. Flag waving, singing.

Better than ‘Mouldy Od Dough’ which Latics unaccountably used to run out to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tim G said:

Had no intention of following the previous owners ideas of running the club as so many people I know also stayed away.

Your comment makes me wonder, whatever happened to 'Adele' who used to have an 'intense dislike' of Chris Hamilton. She always said on this forum she'd stay away whilst he was still in control of the club.  Will she now return ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

I think there are many people who refused to follow the team under the previous ownership model. 

Does anyone know of any other club owner who actually paid him or herself a salary rather than use that money to invest in the club

Devils advocate here. Salary of £40k x 25 years . What we could have achieved with £1m plus owner contributions. No wonder we ended up where we are. 

Let's move forward together now 

Come on Oldham

Very very harsh!  How do you know how much he was on? The vitriolic hatred towards this guy has to stop now. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tim G said:

I think there are many people who refused to follow the team under the previous ownership model. 

Does anyone know of any other club owner who actually paid him or herself a salary rather than use that money to invest in the club

Devils advocate here. Salary of £40k x 25 years . What we could have achieved with £1m plus owner contributions. No wonder we ended up where we are. 

Let's move forward together now 

Come on Oldham

The bloke was working full-time for the club and had bills / mortgage to pay for. I don't have an issue with him being paid a salary. Performance in the role was a completely different matter though. Thankfully that's all in the past now and I for one prefer to focus on the positive future our club now has under the new ownership.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

It seems to me that CH is living rent free in the heads of a lot of people. Remember his actions have led us to where we are now. Move on!

Agree. He's gone. End of story. The future is the brightest it's been in over 20 odd years. Let's enjoy it.

• Like 1