Castleford stadium.

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Does that take into account the in-goal areas and mandatory 3m safety run-offs?

Well, there's the rub...there is of course the 3m run-off = that's non-negotiable.

However, it means the in-goal is also below regulation at 5.1 metres.

3 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

. If you check your google map and apply your mapping software , I would imagine it's not much more than 10m from front to back . In effect we would have to demolish RE to accommodate lengthening pitch . 

Cas own almost 50m from the front of the RE backwards through the car parking land.

Of course the RE needs to be completely demolished - a cracking stand could be placed there and still leave loads of spare.

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

Cas own almost 50m from the front of the RE backwards through the car parking land.

Of course the RE needs to be completely demolished - a cracking stand could be placed there and still leave loads of spare.

Hi dboy , I agree it would be brilliant , but unfortunately we just don't have the money.

Edited by Taffy Tiger
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

All approved today by the council. 

Yes. A big hurdle jumped...but now referred to Central Govt Planning for review.

Surely no reasons why they would block it.

28 minutes ago, dboy said:

Yes. A big hurdle jumped...but now referred to Central Govt Planning for review.

Surely no reasons why they would block it.

No reason for them to block it, or for a PI ala Newmarket. Formality really. Only the time frames for central government to review are unknown. Perhaps they will just defer to the LA if they protract matters, what with a GE on the horizon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

No reason for them to block it, or for a PI ala Newmarket. Formality really. Only the time frames for central government to review are unknown. Perhaps they will just defer to the LA if they protract matters, what with a GE on the horizon. 

Although from the WMDC 2036 Local Plan...

Screenshot_20240215_135237_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Although from the WMDC 2036 Local Plan...

Screenshot_20240215_135237_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Oh dear.

How did they approve planning for something not meeting the requirements of their own LDP?

17 minutes ago, dboy said:

Oh dear.

How did they approve planning for something not meeting the requirements of their own LDP?

I think it was the same for the proposed Retail Park development and despite it being pointed out in at least one objection to that it was ignored. 

There's also still the 'small' matter of Axiom actually having customers to build for.....

One thing is for sure, whilst this was a hurdle to jump/process they needed to go through, it's going to be a long time before there's a spade in the ground.

I do expect some pics of Cas officials with hard hats on, in this weekend's RL media though.

A further update from the club

Following on from the fantastic news yesterday, the full stadium redevelopment is the long-term aim.

We can confirm that we have reached an agreement with the council to start work on other areas of the stadium utilising the £2m Rugby League resilience fund.

Later next week, we will be publishing in detail our short-term plans for stadium improvements which will allow us to increase our IMG grading.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

A further update from the club

Following on from the fantastic news yesterday, the full stadium redevelopment is the long-term aim.

We can confirm that we have reached an agreement with the council to start work on other areas of the stadium utilising the £2m Rugby League resilience fund.

Later next week, we will be publishing in detail our short-term plans for stadium improvements which will allow us to increase our IMG grading.

Lecky first? 

• Haha 2

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

45 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Latest Update On Stadium 

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=8892

The big one there is putting seats in all of the Princess Street stand.

I think that risks impacting the fantastic atmosphere at Wheldon Road and will surely also reduce the capacity. With any tick box approach like the IMG grading system you risk people doing what they can to tick those boxes as soon as possible, even if in their particular circumstances it isn't necessarily the best thing overall. I'm sure there aren't many Cas fans calling for the Princess St stand to be seating rather than standing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Confirming that funding isn't in place for the Industrial Park....

Certainly not in place to get the approved development at Wheldon Rd completed before the next IMG assessment in September/October!

The upgrade of the whole stadium (new stand etc) was never going to be completed before end of this season . The 'Plan B' is going to use the WMDC £2M , to bring stadium up to required standard (ie 2k seats etc) for next IMG grading at the end of the season and to get the extra point for IMG stadium criteria . With potential objections/secretary of state decision and time for Axiom to get investors on board , it could still be some time before work starts on the main stand . Plan B ensures we get max points for the ground until such time that the main upgrade can start

Edited by Taffy Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

The big one there is putting seats in all of the Princess Street stand.

I think that risks impacting the fantastic atmosphere at Wheldon Road and will surely also reduce the capacity. With any tick box approach like the IMG grading system you risk people doing what they can to tick those boxes as soon as possible, even if in their particular circumstances it isn't necessarily the best thing overall. I'm sure there aren't many Cas fans calling for the Princess St stand to be seating rather than standing.

It does take away some of the ground capacity , but will increase the utilisation score in doing so . Atmosphere may be affected depending on how many supporters sit in Princess St stand . As I understand it there will be no extra cost to sit in PS , so wll be same price as standing which may appeal top some

Edited by Taffy Tiger

19 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

The upgrade of the whole stadium (new stand etc) was never going to be completed before end of this season . The 'Plan B' is going to use the WMDC £2M , to bring stadium up to required standard (ie 2k seats etc) for next IMG grading at the end of the season and to get the extra point for IMG stadium criteria . With potential objections/secretary of state decision and time for Axiom to get investors on board , it could still be some time before work starts on the main stand . Plan B ensures we get max points for the ground until such time that the main upgrade can start

My understanding of the £2m WMDC grant was that it could only be used for initiatives that would benefit the wider community………..so new turnstiles, cladding etc would not qualify 

18 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

My understanding of the £2m WMDC grant was that it could only be used for initiatives that would benefit the wider community………..so new turnstiles, cladding etc would not qualify 

I think Cas confirmed that the Council had signed off on using the funds in this way a few months ago (it's probably somewhere in this thread).

18 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Imagine whatever is used now will come off the £12.2m. The £2m was for the benefit of the community but its a case of switching funding round. 

And the clubs had to provide a report each year going forward how its use was continuing to benefit the community 

I think this is a poor byproduct of the IMG grading process. Cas are wasting money on short-term box ticking exercises, making some changes to the ground (esp. Princess St) that I don't think anybody really wants when that money could be much better spent on their long-term stadium rebuild.

• Like 2