Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

2 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Ask his sponsor for more details.

If only he ever posted on here…….

• Haha 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

30 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fun fact: Turner was a junior for many years at Hikurangi Stags. Hikurangi is tiny (population less than 2,000) but in 2015, when Turner was still playing for one of the junior teams, Hikurangi's player of the season was an 18-year-old half back called Caleb Aekins.

Recondite info.

[applauds]

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That'd probably push us over the edge financially - as he's long predicted will happen

It will happen at some point🤔

Patience is a virtue😉

Enjoy super league boys

Oh wait...... 😘

🤗

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There's not a lot of footage of him around but this is from 2019 in the NSW Cup

He's played hooker and full back as well as half back in the NRL but given our situation I'm sure we've signed him as a half.

Even allowing for the probable low quality opposition he looks decent to me.  As long as he hasn't done a Joey and put a bit of timber on. Good step, quick, good hands and a bit of off the cuff stuff (that'll soon be knocked out of him lol)

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Even allowing for the probable low quality opposition he looks decent to me.  As long as he hasn't done a Joey and put a bit of timber on. Good step, quick, good hands and a bit of off the cuff stuff (that'll soon be knocked out of him lol)

Yeah should be fun to watch hopefully.
Fev have put out some more extended footage this morning
https://www.facebook.com/FevRoversRLFC/videos/1439819466612925/

Looks clear he's going to be more of a running half back than a creative or game management type, think that's fine as I'm not sure we're really set up as a team for flowing passing movements, but we do need some penetration in attack which he might bring.

Having a look on the forums of his past NRL clubs they were pretty lukewarm about him but then they were when I looked up Cam King, Nu Brown, Joey Leilua etc, their standards are just so much higher than ours as we all know. There aren't many bad players that get to play first grade NRL.

Hopefully this will ignite some enthusiasm amongst fans as the club has acted very quickly to fill the gap left by Reynolds.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 16:23, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That'd probably push us over the edge financially - as he's long predicted will happen

No, we will pay.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the few consolations when we lost in the play-ofs last season for me was that I feared our squad would be beaten by half time most weeks if we had made SL. Watching today's Hull v Hudds game and so many other games already this season, I think we would have fit right in!

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

One of the few consolations when we lost in the play-ofs last season for me was that I feared our squad would be beaten by half time most weeks if we had made SL. Watching today's Hull v Hudds game and so many other games already this season, I think we would have fit right in!

Yep.  I said as much on here a few weeks ago.  Too many meaningless games.  How do the clowns at the RFL and IMG seriously believe that the new system will develop the game / create better competition / stop fans walking away / bring in new supporters. 

Just seen the Toulouse result.  I wonder if that would have happened without IMG.  It beggars belief the more you think about it.