Wakeys new owner speaks

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

While he clearly has a few bob he doesn't 'own' the business but is one of three directors holding a minority (12%) of the non-voting shares. The ordinary shares are held by a separate company of which he is a director (since July 2023) but holds no shares (looks as though his parents hold 50% each).

If that's the case then I think you are splitting hairs really. Companies have peculiar structures for all kinds of reasons and unless his parents aren't going to let him takeover it's as good as is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Why would Shelton want to go from running Hulls academy to Wakefield?

You asked the question so I will try my best to give you my answer. First of all I do not know 100% if Shenton will end up at Trin. The why part is an assistant role may be available hence a promotion in the coaching sense. DP had Orr and Sheridan at Cas. DP and MS are big pals. MS was playing rank in last years at Cas but DP kept on picking him. They live a stones throw away from each other. I have heard that there may be issues with Hull FC academy so Shenny could possibly end up with a promotion on his own doorstep!

On 24/10/2023 at 19:52, SUPERSTUD said:

You asked the question so I will try my best to give you my answer. First of all I do not know 100% if Shenton will end up at Trin. The why part is an assistant role may be available hence a promotion in the coaching sense. DP had Orr and Sheridan at Cas. DP and MS are big pals. MS was playing rank in last years at Cas but DP kept on picking him. They live a stones throw away from each other. I have heard that there may be issues with Hull FC academy so Shenny could possibly end up with a promotion on his own doorstep!

Trust the Stud. 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2023 at 11:44, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

While he clearly has a few bob he doesn't 'own' the business but is one of three directors holding a minority (12%) of the non-voting shares. The ordinary shares are held by a separate company of which he is a director (since July 2023) but holds no shares (looks as though his parents hold 50% each).

Talk about making things suit your own narrative.

But be on no doubt, the man is seriously rich, and is unquestionably the driving force behind the company. The shares and sub companies are almost certainly set up for tax purposes, but I suspect you know that. But Ellis and his sister are the real owners. So in other words, half the fortune is his, to do with as he wishes.

However, I'll hold fire because rich men have bought clubs in the past and quickly lost interest, or get fed up of not getting their own way, or just moaning fans. It's a long game, if he's still there in three years time and we are in SL thn I'll be convinced. But so far, so good.

One point. You have to ask why this clearly shrewd man has just bought a relegated club. I'd suggest that he knows it won't be relegated for long, even if it doesn't win the Championship. There Is a conspiracy theory for you.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Talk about making things suit your own narrative.

But be on no doubt, the man is seriously rich, and is unquestionably the driving force behind the company. The shares and sub companies are almost certainly set up for tax purposes, but I suspect you know that. But Ellis and his sister are the real owners. So in other words, half the fortune is his, to do with as he wishes.

However, I'll hold fire because rich men have bought clubs in the past and quickly lost interest, or get fed up of not getting their own way, or just moaning fans. It's a long game, if he's still there in three years time and we are in SL thn I'll be convinced. But so far, so good.

One point. You have to ask why this clearly shrewd man has just bought a relegated club. I'd suggest that he knows it won't be relegated for long, even if it doesn't win the Championship. There Is a conspiracy theory for you.

The potential points available for Trinity over the next year, on top of the 12.52 we scored, would indicate that we will be back into SL in 2025, unless we have an absolute mare of a season.

Dispite that, I'd rather we win the comp and go up rather than go up from 4th. 

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

The potential points available for Trinity over the next year, on top of the 12.52 we scored, would indicate that we will be back into SL in 2025, unless we have an absolute mare of a season.

Dispite that, I'd rather we win the comp and go up rather than go up from 4th. 

Agreed. Best to give them no reasons to say no.

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Right the Stud is a little on the fence about this next one! Hearing Eden and Massey are Doncaster Road bound ????

Hopefully you mean on a bus going into Wakey for a drink. 

• Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Saw this earlier and it's probably as good as anywhere putting it here. All more revenue for Wakefield:

The Owls’ youth side has had a strong start to the season in 2023/24 and are currently just four points away from league leaders, Sheffield United, and now they’ll be out to continue that form a little bit further away from home at Belle Vue in Wakefield – now known as the Be Well Support Stadium.

It’s a decision that’s been made by the club that will take some of the strain off the pitches at the team’s training ground, however Neil Thompson’s side will still play some matches at the club’s Hillsborough Stadium in S6 as well.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-venue-change-as-owls-side-leave-middlewood-road-for-games-4391363?fbclid=IwAR0Ntn89KwMkLWH6ORhcCEBmNhq-G5f0a-jIEoJVF-3KuRAvK2-6SN-gaMs

• Like 1