24 Squad

gilbert08

32 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Maybe they are holding some of the playing budget back to reinforce the team later in the season?

All we can do is trust the people in charge to make the correct decisions and keep supporting the club in any way you can in my opinion.

Very difficult to sign a decent player mid-season never mind several. Usually they are short term loans which aren’t the way forward. 

I do and will continue to support the club as I always have done but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with every decision made. Maybe their decision will turn out to be the right one.. time will tell. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jarc said:

Very difficult to sign a decent player mid-season never mind several. Usually they are short term loans which aren’t the way forward. 

I do and will continue to support the club as I always have done but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with every decision made. Maybe their decision will turn out to be the right one.. time will tell. 

Not saying it's the right thing to do but London got promoted off the back off their mid season signings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Not saying it's the right thing to do but London got promoted off the back off their mid season signings. 

That is true but we don’t have the finances to bring in players like Whare and Norman. As I said though, time will tell. 

Fingers crossed we can get the half back and 3 props over the line and we’re all feeling a bit more optimistic after that. 

• Like 1

I must admit Langtree to Widnes was predicted on here quite a long time ago . I am usually optimistic but right this moment aren't.  All the work of last few seasons looks like going down the pan. Hopefully not but seen it to many times over last 50 years. I worry .  Team broken up with not many new signings isn't inspiring me to buy season ticket again......  yet

• Like 4

On 11/11/2023 at 07:32, Gus Tyson said:

I struggle to get my head around how we can be struggling financially. Am I correct in thinking that when Covid hit, we declined the loans as the club could manage? And did the teams who took the loans have/or are having to pay them back as from what I remember most teams took loans and most of these teams are splashing out on signing players up. So alongside paying players and repaying these loans, they seem to look in a stronger position than we do. 

I still can't and never will understand how teams like Sheffield can survive and be a strong as they are on the crowds they get. We get 4 or 5 times more for home games yet finances are tough for us. How do these clubs with the lower fanbases survive and whats their secret. 

I get we dont have the luxury of living close to the SL teams so cant pick players up as easily so is always going to cost us more to get players here but surely you would think financially we would be one of the better teams. 

I just hope the statement that we are in talks with 6 players comes good as we really need some players. Were crying out for some props as we need some size upfront and a hooker to roll on and off with Wood. Unless Cresta has a masterplan to convert a player to hooker, it worked moving Gillam from 2nd row to prop so you never know! 

Well we seen Cresta play cresswell at hooker last season for the second part of the season so could it be? Seen as tho he hasn’t replaced Mossop or Saunders. Broadbent or cresswell to play as a hooker this season? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruner said:

is jack wells leaving now to

Looks like he was training with us at Swinton at weekend 

• Like 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

If Ellis was a yard quicker & fulltime he would be Super League imo. Without the injury last year he would have been picked up or a few teams would be asking for him

Whitehaven havnt left him alone so Barrow are lucky to keep him

Both Ellis & Charlie, Broady are Barrows future 

The team has to be built around these 3 lads imo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pablo Escobar said:

If Ellis was a yard quicker & fulltime he would be Super League imo. Without the injury last year he would have been picked up or a few teams would be asking for him

Was apparently on Craig lingards list of championship players that could step up to super League, when lingard joined cas as assistant last season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

I'd add Ryan Johnson to that list too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

Wheres he from?

He played for us a few years back & returned back to the amateur game i believe. (someone correct me if wrong) 

Also think he had a spell at one of the clubs up the coast a while back also 

Plays hooker

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gilbert08 said:

He played for us a few years back & returned back to the amateur game i believe. (someone correct me if wrong) 

Also think he had a spell at one of the clubs up the coast a while back also 

Plays hooker

Decent 9 think he had an injury that put him out for all of last year. Direct replacement for mossop. 

• Like 1