BBCi player

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

RL on TV advertises SL Show as 19:00 on iplayer anyone know where to find it?

I have been on Home>Catagories> Sport it was not there at the advertised time, nor is it on now at 20:25, am I doing something wrong?

When i use iplayer i just type in the programme i want to watch and it comes up with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Fevrover said:

When i use iplayer i just type in the programme i want to watch and it comes up with it.

So do I.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tried that only got last week's and previous available.

Its hopeless Harry. Sometimes it doesn't come on till later. Don't go into sport, just search for Super League Show and if your late enough, you'll get it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Aye its probably full up with Nancyball, can't fit anything else on.

My Welsh mates, have been raving about Wales beating Australia. I swear their patriotism has turned their brains to mush, it bored me to tears. A great example of kick and clap (and the Aussies were just plain useless). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

My Welsh mates, have been raving about Wales beating Australia. I swear their patriotism has turned their brains to mush, it bored me to tears. A great example of kick and clap (and the Aussies were just plain useless). 

Didn't know there was a match when was it played?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Didn't know there was a match when was it played?

It was on last night on ITV at 8.00 p.m. Wales won by about 40 points. It's the RaRa world cup. 

Edited by fighting irish

Harry, it looks like it's not on until after 12.00 tonight (which is very early tomorrow of course).

Why on earth they can't honour the promise of 7.00 p.m. I don't know.

It's not exactly helping to promote the game showing it after midnight is it?

But telling everyone it's on at 7.00 and then not actually putting it on till after midnight feels like sabotage. 

Do you think Peter Vlandis might have something to say about that? I imagine so. Why aren't our ''leaders'' chasing it up?

I find it insulting.

Edited by fighting irish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Never heard about it must be some strange minor comp

It's sh ite anyway. The ball was only in play for about 25 minutes. They kicked the leather off it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Harry, it looks like it's not on until after 12.00 tonight (which is very early tomorrow of course).

Why on earth they can't honour the promise of 7.00 p.m. I don't know.

It's not exactly helping to promote the game showing it after midnight is it?

But telling everyone it's on at 7.00 and then not actually putting it on till after midnight feels like sabotage. 

Do you think Peter Vlandis might have something to say about that? I imagine so. I find it insulting.

Frustrating when all the games were on Friday 😂

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Frustrating when all the games were on Friday 😂

Back to the thread asking if our glorious leaders actually read this forum.

If they do, they must have thick skin. Or perhaps they are just plain thick?

Or are they so obsequious they are too scared to tackle the BBC over this ''anti-marketting'' behaviour?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Or are they so obsequious they are too scared to tackle the BBC over this ''anti-marketting'' behaviour?

It's a poor show by the BBC. 

But I'm not sure what you think 'our glorious leaders' can do. Sure they can write to the BBC and ask them nicely to put the SLS on iPlayer a bit earlier, but in truth the BBC are a customer of Super League (they buy a product - the highlights rights - from Super League) and once bought they decide what to do with it. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I will go for the just plain thick option.

I honestly believe it is just a job of work work for them, which they like most people attend for office hours then go home and forget about it until its time to attend again, probably demanding "double time" if they have to attend games of a weekend.

This goes for all their functionality, not just this BBC stuff.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It's a poor show by the BBC. 

But I'm not sure what you think 'our glorious leaders' can do. Sure they can write to the BBC and ask them nicely to put the SLS on iPlayer a bit earlier, but in truth the BBC are a customer of Super League (they buy a product - the highlights rights - from Super League) and once bought they decide what to do with it. 

I think you are right JB but surely if they stopped mis-leading potential viewers by telling them when the programme is actually available, rather than promising it for 7.00p.m. but not putting it on until after midnight (who's awake then?), which just confuses and annoys would-be viewers, then surely the total audience would tend to be bigger. (Sorry for the long sentence). 

Isn't that the basis on which the BBC justifies it's existence?

Surely the success (measured by viewers) is mutually beneficial? To them as well as us. Our relationship is symbiotic.

Are they, the BBC, too stupid to realise this (or are they deliberately trying to sabotage the game?) and are we (our leaders) to feeble to remind them of their duty to us and their viewers?

31 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I think you are right JB but surely if they stopped mis-leading potential viewers by telling them when the programme is actually available, rather than promising it for 7.00p.m. but not putting it on until after midnight (who's awake then?), which just confuses and annoys would-be viewers, then surely the total audience would tend to be bigger. (Sorry for the long sentence). 

Isn't that the basis on which the BBC justifies it's existence?

Surely the success (measured by viewers) is mutually beneficial? To them as well as us. Our relationship is symbiotic.

Are they, the BBC, too stupid to realise this (or are they deliberately trying to sabotage the game?) and are we (our leaders) to feeble to remind them of their duty to us and their viewers?

I do agree with a lot of that, and the BBC could do much better by the people who watch the Super League Show.

I stopped watching regularly a while back: I actually think it's a well made programme, but I get the highlights I need from YouTube (usually more promptly) and it's a faff to seek it out. I suspect, sadly, that if the RFL (or whoever) made a fuss about it the BBC would be able to point to some pretty low viewing figures: partly because of the ###### scheduling but also partly because the potential audience for this sort of show is pretty small.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

The BBC are usually the promptest of all the terrestrial channels when it comes to getting programmes online after broadcast. But they do mess up sometimes, as do we all.

Years ago, many of us on TRL and elsewhere waged a campaign to get the SLS shown nationally and, when that worked, we went at the Beeb again to schedule it at a less insulting time than some randomised slot between 3 and 5am, after several vital hours of "Pages from Ceefax". It was worth it then, but nowhere near as much now, given the alternatives.

With SL highlights appearing on YouTube, often before even the regional broadcast of the SLS, the latter has become a far less essential programme, because if they do a feature between the match footage, that usually appears on the BBC Sport website too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I do agree with a lot of that, and the BBC could do much better by the people who watch the Super League Show.

I stopped watching regularly a while back: I actually think it's a well made programme, but I get the highlights I need from YouTube (usually more promptly) and it's a faff to seek it out. I suspect, sadly, that if the RFL (or whoever) made a fuss about it the BBC would be able to point to some pretty low viewing figures: partly because of the ###### scheduling but also partly because the potential audience for this sort of show is pretty small.

Well i'm going to come out in favour of the show, (which is why the scheduling matters to me).

I think the commentary and the between-game comments from Tania and invited guests is far superior to the type of highlights which appear quickly on Sky sports and/or You Tube.

The latter often lacking commentary (sometimes not even a sound track) and no Host to lead the presentation.

So it's a bit like the game as a whole, great product, poorly  marketed.

Come on BBC you can do so much better? 

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The BBC are usually the promptest of all the terrestrial channels when it comes to getting programmes online after broadcast. But they do mess up sometimes, as do we all.

Years ago, many of us on TRL and elsewhere waged a campaign to get the SLS shown nationally and, when that worked, we went at the Beeb again to schedule it at a less insulting time than some randomised slot between 3 and 5am, after several vital hours of "Pages from Ceefax". It was worth it then, but nowhere near as much now, given the alternatives.

With SL highlights appearing on YouTube, often before even the regional broadcast of the SLS, the latter has become a far less essential programme, because if they do a feature between the match footage, that usually appears on the BBC Sport website too.

In my limited experience, sport in the iPlayer in general - both for live and highlights shows, aside from MOTD - is the bit most likely to be hard to find or delayed.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)