RogerT

Being cleared out! Sammy said at last game that he'd signed for another year. I really hope there's something useful coming the other way not just something to keep us quiet.  Was looking to a Kibula/Cooper drive with more strength and pace also coming in. I hope the club HAS made some progress, I really do, or I fear for Mokko.

• Like 1

His he not allowed to express his personal opinion just to be called negative. I feel he making valid point we might be losing 2 of our younger middles in Sammy and Riley both big losses to the squad we have announced 2 new signings as far as per usual we just like mushrooms kept in the dark

Cheers Toffee! Why shouldn't we be getting info? OK, so we do the gentlemanly thing and wait to season end, well it ended for all but a handful 4 weeks ago, then 3, then 2 etc etc yet whilst a couple of sides have announced almost a full team, names tumbling every day....there just can't be any reason to be holding back. We're not waiting for someone's season to end (we got Cooper as soon as Fev went out), we want to know who'll be our new personal champions in 2024, get some enthusiasm built up, start getting new shirts on our backs, the climbing up Ron's steps to get our tickets, but it's as if we don't exist until somebody clicks their fingers and turns the lights back on (NOT good for the mushrooms Toffee!!).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toffeedog said:

His he not allowed to express his personal opinion just to be called negative. I feel he making valid point we might be losing 2 of our younger middles in Sammy and Riley both big losses to the squad we have announced 2 new signings as far as per usual we just like mushrooms kept in the dark

Did you watch sammy play - didn’t run his weight on the ball often enough for myself a poor man’s Johnny Simpson 

great pair of hands no engine in the game 

• Like 2

At least linners will sort the dogs out with any scraps 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

The wait continues with regards of new and resigning so far four announcements.  I can never understand why we wait so long to announce new or resigning. Season over and now the time to try getting people intrested in either renewing tickets or thinking of returning instead we don't seem to do this   were is the foward thinking involved in making these decisions and why does it always seem were last to announce new players why can't we be the ones to be first not last . Just think the all process is far too slow needs a total revamp of how we are doing things 

• Like 1

Do people not think that maybe during this quiet period from our perspective that the management of the club are taking some free time.

Maybe all the signing and re signing as been concluded and maybe just maybe a big announcement might be forth coming.

As regard renewing tickets etc now that the makeup of the Championship is 99% complete barring any alteration by the RFL then this might be moving onto the table.

Clothing and replica wear I believe is sorted by the supplier, but of course that's down to the club okaying any design and colouring. 

5 hours ago, toffeedog said:

The wait continues with regards of new and resigning so far four announcements.  I can never understand why we wait so long to announce new or resigning. Season over and now the time to try getting people intrested in either renewing tickets or thinking of returning instead we don't seem to do this   were is the foward thinking involved in making these decisions and why does it always seem were last to announce new players why can't we be the ones to be first not last . Just think the all process is far too slow needs a total revamp of how we are doing things 

Just a question toffee do you take annual leave at work? Maybe the players kev and coaches and the staff are taking their annual leave as they won’t be taking any come November or December before the season starts 

I know  the job takes it toll on people they deserve a beer or ten or a holiday 

more to life than who’s of elsewhere etc 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

So I take it were having rest while doncaster announce yet another quailty signing.in Hall who I personally would have loved in a batley shirt.

That signing could have been agreed weeks ago.Also I'm sure Phildog would have been apopleptic if we signed a 36 year old. LOL

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, toffeedog said:

So I take it were having rest while doncaster announce yet another quailty signing.in Hall who I personally would have loved in a batley shirt.

i think you will find most signings have been all done and dusted weeks ago, just not been announced thats all 

• Like 2

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I was talking to one of your players weeks ago and he said that apart from the players that you know about who have either signed for other clubs or retired majority have already signed new contracts. If they announce them all at once you’d have nothing to look forward to on these cold winter nights.

Yes we would the knowledge that the team is well and well formed with anymore new editions it could make for an exciting season, at the moment we can't look forwards to that and people are wanting to.