League 1 2024

havenhater

13 minutes ago, Route66 said:

The game has gone mad,hopefully the club will publish the score breakdown, think only Hunslet have so far

As said all along biased towards SL teams

All SL teams will get either 2 or 2.5 points just from crowds.

This is almost half the total grades all Grade C teams have in total - there is no way a L1 team or most champs can get anyway near those crowds.

Just further strengthening of the glass ceiling that has protected some Super League Clubs for 25 years. The basic facts are that if you an existing member of the Super League top 12 you are protected in the scoring assessment on areas such as fandom, digital and attendances.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

New stadium bound to help the grading isn't it? Where is the stadium at?????

Stadium: worth 3 points
Detail: facilities score 1.5, utilisation 1, primacy of tenure 0.25, led 0.125, big screen 0.125

The only thing we have seen [i.e the cartoon drawing] would only gain 1 point - utilisation

DP probably has that now - 2 ladies teams [one reds] and Town proving they sort our fixtures out properly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

New stadium bound to help the grading isn't it? Where is the stadium at?????

What new stadium? The upgraded BP has not been heard of for months and after initially being in favour of a new facility I now see very little benefit to Town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Town blue white said:

If Any one thinks we are getting a new ground or even a new stand they  are kidding themselves.

Im with you on that one. Nothing is going to be delivered and it's about time the fans got to know what's going on or lack of going on. 

• Like 1

Ours and Haven’s grading were always going to be low. Both clubs have had fairly recent financial problems, have old stadiums and don’t run academy teams etc. plus there are some areas where we could never score as well as other clubs such as population catchment area.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

40 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

Im with you on that one. Nothing is going to be delivered and it's about time the fans got to know what's going on or lack of going on. 

The original plans were brill inc NHS and offices.

This [cartoon plan] is no better than DP - newer but not better.

Stay as we are, DP is spot on at present with plenty of space and potential.

P.S

The NHS and office block are still going ahead costing Many Millions but at Central Station area instead of BP

Councilors have done us good and proper

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Ours and Haven’s grading were always going to be low. Both clubs have had fairly recent financial problems, have old stadiums and don’t run academy teams etc. plus there are some areas where we could never score as well as other clubs such as population catchment area.

RFL wont allow anyone else to run academies or A teams - everything just for SL

If my memory is correct - i think Keighley had one a few year ago and was ordered to shut it down

If we had academies SL teams wouldn't be able to hoover up all the talent.

IMG Scoring system is just set up to protect SL.

Best thing to happen would be for SL to split [forever] and take their Sky money with them

and leave the rest of us to play proper rugby - not spreadsheets rugby.

The amount of money the rest of us get outside SL could surely be found by a company wanting to show Championship  games

A couple of Million a year would cover what we are all getting now

P.S 

Challenge cup belongs to RL not SG - lets get it back to how it used to be

• Like 4

There are clearly 'new stadium ' financial issues due to delays in any govt money and inflation during that time (the only levelling up so far has been on MP expenses claims).

But there is one possible source of a seven figure sum and that is the sale of Derwent Park land. Surely the proceeds should go towards Town (and Reds ) "sports village" ... making up for any shortfall in stage 1 or  later stages which are currently unfunded?

The previous Tory Allerdale Council refused to commit to that(and nothing about it from MP) so now at mercy of Cumberland Council. Will the proceeds be  demanded by other areas such as used to pay off Copeland Debt ? Or will ex chairman of Town and now Council leader Mark Fryer do something for the Club and the town and see that the fair thing to do is for the sale of old stadium land  to go towards the 'new stadium'?

What are the Town reps on the planning group doing about it?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rex3 said:

There are clearly 'new stadium ' financial issues due to delays in any govt money and inflation during that time (the only levelling up so far has been on MP expenses claims).

But there is one possible source of a seven figure sum and that is the sale of Derwent Park land. Surely the proceeds should go towards Town (and Reds ) "sports village" ... making up for any shortfall in stage 1 or  later stages which are currently unfunded?

The previous Tory Allerdale Council refused to commit to that(and nothing about it from MP) so now at mercy of Cumberland Council. Will the proceeds be  demanded by other areas such as used to pay off Copeland Debt ? Or will ex chairman of Town and now Council leader Mark Fryer do something for the Club and the town and see that the fair thing to do is for the sale of old stadium land  to go towards the 'new stadium'?

Sell BP and put the money into DP which is already a far better standard

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Haven keighley and Halifax all applied for academy teams 3 or 4 years bk and where turned down . Even though keighley already had an academy and had to re-apply 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Sell BP and put the money into DP which is already a far better standard

We would lose the £6.5m leveling up money. I HAS to be spent on the Borough Park site due to the application for funds. This cannot now be changed and I think the money has to be spent by 2025 as well so time is running out.......we will be left with nothing. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

We would lose the £6.5m leveling up money. I HAS to be spent on the Borough Park site due to the application for funds. This cannot now be changed and I think the money has to be spent by 2025 as well so time is running out.......we will be left with nothing. 

That 6m will not be worth that now, with rising costs etc and wont bring BP up to DP standards

19 minutes ago, donald said:

Haven keighley and Halifax all applied for academy teams 3 or 4 years bk and where turned down . Even though keighley already had an academy and had to re-apply 

Yes I know, that’s my point, the criteria are all weighted against clubs like ours. Some of the other club gradings are just laughable, Leigh only 0.4 points ahead of Bradford is nonsense.

Also, no matter how London do in SL they can’t stay up in this system. They are relegated before they’ve played a game. They could win SL and still go down.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Yes I know, that’s my point, the criteria are all weighted against clubs like ours. Some of the other club gradings are just laughable, Leigh only 0.4 points ahead of Bradford is nonsense.

Also, no matter how London do in SL they can’t stay up in this system. They are relegated before they’ve played a game. They could win SL and still go down.

What's the point in London even trying next season? Might as well chuck the towel in now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex3 said:

Really wanted the sports village to succeed but it has to be done properly, looking like yet another missed opportunity, seen a quote today from Jenkinson saying its in the hands of the clubs probably meaning he has washed his hands of it

Just now, Route66 said:

Really wanted the sports village to succeed but it has to be done properly, looking like yet another missed opportunity, seen a quote today from Jenkinson saying its in the hands of the clubs probably meaning he has washed his hands of it

He's said that a fair few times on social media. Apparently his part was securing the £6.5m he's claiming. Maybe it's time the directors from both clubs come forward and offered a meeting. 

I think if this opportunity is missed then that's it. We won't get another go. 

16 hours ago, rockerlad said:

Maryport got 5million to build a swimming pool - it was cancelled and the money going on other things.

So split the money and have half each.

31 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Maryport got 5million to build a swimming pool - it was cancelled and the money going on other things.

The swimming pool money has to be spent on the wave centre. That's where it was allocated for. The plans have changed and the pool isn't going ahead but the money is still being spent on the wave centre. It doesn't matter what it's spent on as long as it's spent on the wave centre. The Workington money HAS to be spent on the BP site or we lose it. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

how can you split it when its been spent on other projects?

and I don't think government grants work that way, the money has to be spent in whatever town was successful wtih the bid

• Confused 1