League 1 2024

havenhater

23 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

There's comments on other posts from Tom Walkers girlfriend saying he hasn't been paid for 4 months. Hopefully you can get it sorted and paid up to date 🤞

Think there's wrongs on both sides regarding that saga. Yes Haven are in the wrong massively but by all accounts he just downed tools when Haven wouldn't release him and Barrow wouldn't pay a fee. If I stopped turning up to my job I wouldn't get paid either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Think there's wrongs on both sides regarding that saga. Yes Haven are in the wrong massively but by all accounts he just downed tools when Haven wouldn't release him and Barrow wouldn't pay a fee. If I stopped turning up to my job I wouldn't get paid either.

Ah I didn't realise there was a bit of a story to that one. It does sound a bit of a mess though so I hope it's sorted quickly.

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

He downed tools because he wasn't being paid though so can't blame him

• Like 4

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Absolute nonsense, he stopped turning up because he stopped being paid, same as other players.

"Wrongs on both sides" is laughable deflection and you know it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dkw said:

Absolute nonsense, he stopped turning up because he stopped being paid, same as other players.

"Wrongs on both sides" is laughable deflection and you know it.

It went to a tribunal which he lost, if it was just Haven in the wrong they would of been made to pay up and/or release him. Neither have happened so he's stopped turning up, hence not being being paid now. If it was a town player I reckon your view on it would be different but not getting dragged into a battle of opinion so will leave it there. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It went to a tribunal which he lost, if it was just Haven in the wrong they would of been made to pay up and/or release him. Neither have happened so he's stopped turning up, hence not being being paid now. If it was a town player I reckon your view on it would be different but not getting dragged into a battle of opinion so will leave it there. 

Yeah, you`ll only run off to the moderators crying about how your being picked on again....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Yeah, you`ll only run off to the moderators crying about how your being picked on again....

He's not to be taken serious mate, it's always rosy down the wreck and gets his digs into town hidden in his messages. Very boring after a while..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

15 minutes ago, anok4u said:

He's not to be taken serious mate, it's always rosy down the wreck and gets his digs into town hidden in his messages. Very boring after a while..

I remember when he spent months trying to convince us he wasnt a haven fan, an actual adult doing that is so weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/10/2023 at 20:24, homeandawayer said:

Typical elitist thinking that seems to purvey throughout more than just sport...ooh getting political again, but it is. Grab the money to keep the rich rich and sod the rest with no forward planning to grow the game or the country. 😔

I genuinely think they are hoping more of the clubs in our league just stop bothering, then they can add the 3 or 4 who are left to a bigger championship league, or just bin them off too. The RFL are putting in absolutely no effort for this league or the clubs in it, its sickening really, and no real surprise to see other clubs becoming insular as soon as they are safe. The whole league has far too many self preservation attitude's to look further forward than 1 season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Getting back on topic - think we mainly agree that 8 home games is not enough but 16 may be too many for some clubs. I don’t like loop fixtures or playing all other 8 clubs 3 times due to who you may end up playing away twice, hence my suggestion is as follows.

play every team home and away gives 16 games.

then split league into top 5 and bottom 4

top 5 play other 4 teams both home and away - another 8 games

Bottom 4 play other 3 teams both home and away - another 6 games

I know it leaves the bottom 4 teams with 2 fewer games but they would be very unlikely to challenge the top 5 and their extra games would be against teams of similar standard thus less one sided games.

Not sure if you wouldn’t still need a play off for 2nd promotion place or just top 2 promoted as the last 8 games would be a form of play off anyway.

I think this could work well for a 9 team league giving Town 12 home games before any play offs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Getting back on topic - think we mainly agree that 8 home games is not enough but 16 may be too many for some clubs. I don’t like loop fixtures or playing all other 8 clubs 3 times due to who you may end up playing away twice, hence my suggestion is as follows.

I know it leaves the bottom 4 teams with 2 fewer games but they would be very unlikely to challenge the top 5 and their extra games would be against teams of similar standard thus less one sided games.

Not sure if you wouldn’t still need a play off for 2nd promotion place or just top 2 promoted as the last 8 games would be a form of play off anyway.

I think this could work well for a 9 team league giving Town 12 home games before any play offs.

Well to be honest anything is better than the Status Quo [not the group]

Merging with champ - preferred option.

But if not happening  - Me personally would be H&A twice = 16 home matches.

Your plan Second = 12 home matches [11 for bottom 4]

And Play the other 8, 3 times 3rd. = 11 or 12 home matches.

The bottom teams never get playoff matches so none extra.

The reason I suggested the 32 games season and scrapping playoffs [top 2 straight up] meant every team got 32 and 16 Home matches.

Dont know how much our BOD and volunteers have made from match days at DP with the beer sales but whatever it was, would be doubled.

Edited by Derwent Parker
spelling

6 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Bottom 4 would be places 6-9th. Crusaders finished 6th and made it to the play off final. We shoudnt be creating barriers to such runs occurring.

• Like 4

On 10/10/2023 at 17:48, Indigogo said:

There's comments on other posts from Tom Walkers girlfriend saying he hasn't been paid for 4 months. Hopefully you can get it sorted and paid up to date 🤞

He has refused to play or train , why would he expect to be paid for the last 4 months.  Big announcement yesterday , think Haven will be just fine 😉😉

Understand your point about Crusaders last season but should a team 6th in League 1 after the full 16 games still have a realistic chance of promotion? I suspect that with the RFL current plan for a 9 team League 1 will only have a play off for teams finishing 2nd to 5th anyway. There is a big gulf between League 1 & Championship and any promoted team needs to be capable of competing in the Championship.

With only 9 teams, 8 home games is not enough for clubs to survive. I agree with Derwent Parker that playing everyone 4 times would be the fairest solution but can’t see that happening thus my suggestion of a ‘half way house’.

as long as everyone knows that you have to be in top 5 after 16 games to qualify for potential promotion then that should add extra spice to games leading up to round 16.

With the top 5 playing each other home and away all these games should be very competitive thus chance of decent crowds and extra cash for clubs and players.

not forgetting the bottom 4 - their extra 6 games will be against teams of more even ability - if you have already shipped 50+ points to the top teams do you really want to play them again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Understand your point about Crusaders last season but should a team 6th in League 1 after the full 16 games still have a realistic chance of promotion? I suspect that with the RFL current plan for a 9 team League 1 will only have a play off for teams finishing 2nd to 5th anyway. There is a big gulf between League 1 & Championship and any promoted team needs to be capable of competing in the Championship.

With only 9 teams, 8 home games is not enough for clubs to survive. I agree with Derwent Parker that playing everyone 4 times would be the fairest solution but can’t see that happening thus my suggestion of a ‘half way house’.

as long as everyone knows that you have to be in top 5 after 16 games to qualify for potential promotion then that should add extra spice to games leading up to round 16.

With the top 5 playing each other home and away all these games should be very competitive thus chance of decent crowds and extra cash for clubs and players.

not forgetting the bottom 4 - their extra 6 games will be against teams of more even ability - if you have already shipped 50+ points to the top teams do you really want to play them again?

Promotion won't matter, probably end up as 1 league the year after

I would not be so sure about a combined Championship & League 1 after next season as this would mean a 23 team league unless Super League was increased to 14 or even 16 teams. We all know that the current 12 SL clubs would resist dividing their money between more teams. More likely will be increased relegation from Championship or reduced promotion from League 1 to balance the lower leagues at say 12 in Championship & 11 in League 1. Of course if some teams go bust next season then anything could happen.

2 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

I would not be so sure about a combined Championship & League 1 after next season as this would mean a 23 team league unless Super League was increased to 14 or even 16 teams. We all know that the current 12 SL clubs would resist dividing their money between more teams. More likely will be increased relegation from Championship or reduced promotion from League 1 to balance the lower leagues at say 12 in Championship & 11 in League 1. Of course if some teams go bust next season then anything could happen.

Rumours Newcastle may fold - So Sad - teams cant compete on 15k when others are getting over a million???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

Rumours Newcastle may fold - So Sad - teams cant compete on 15k when others are getting over a million???

They are culling the smaller clubs simples

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I hope they pull through 🤞

Likewise. Yet if they’re owned by the same person as the Falcons they must be looking at the RFU central funding and then looking at next years RFL distribution and be thinking why bother 

Edited by Gillmeister80
  • Like 1