Toulouse or London

46 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

After all the excitement of last night, I'm hoping for a TO win next week. Pinning all my hope on their new ownership. London have no chance of achieving anything much in SL; TO would need to do much better second time around after the half-hearted 2022 effort. 

Even as a London fan I would agree. Regular thrashings and back down do not appeal. Toulouse feel they have a bit more chance. 

Ideally a London win and we pass on promotion and let Toulouse go up. Imagine the rage on the boards. 

Edited by Leonard

38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Why do Leigh fans need a train station to attend games in Leigh ? 

It's for all th away fans London will bring. It's inconsiderate. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As I stated , away fans don't count , and do they do 10 seater trains ? 😉

At least we can get HS1 to Birmingham. Minibus from there. 

9 hours ago, Leonard said:

I assume train stations are part of the IMG criteria?

In the brave new world railway stations will be old hat. An airport will be a must. Leigh International has recently been mooted to future proof the Leopards’ SL status.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

After all the excitement of last night, I'm hoping for a TO win next week. Pinning all my hope on their new ownership. London have no chance of achieving anything much in SL; TO would need to do much better second time around after the half-hearted 2022 effort. 

And just imagine how good the French national team will be. 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

In the brave new world railway stations will be old hat. An airport will be a must. Leigh International has recently been mooted to future proof the Leopards’ SL status.

Leopard air. 

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

It should be. 

I assume that's in jest, but just in case it's not:

The closest railway station to Leigh Sports Village is approximately the same distance as Craven Park is from Hull Paragon - does the fact the station isn't called Leigh matter?

LSV is served by public transport - just bus rather than rail. It's also only about a 10 minute walk from Leigh's main bus station.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

The closest railway station to Leigh Sports Village is approximately the same distance as Craven Park is from Hull Paragon - does the fact the station isn't called Leigh matter?

LSV is served by public transport - just bus rather than rail. It's also only about a 10 minute walk from Leigh's main bus station.

It was in jest like all the other Leigh train station jokes 

• Like 1

There's a Leigh in Sussex and Kent near me.

Del should take them on the road to all the places in the UK called Leigh - like the Harlem Globbetrotters and use his private jet.

34 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

IMG_1671.webp

17 minutes ago, Leonard said:

There's a Leigh in Sussex and Kent near me.

Del should take them on the road to all the places in the UK called Leigh - like the Harlem Globbetrotters and use his private jet.

There's a Leigh in Essex I think too. 

30 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

It's a surprisingly wealthy place considering it's basically a suburb of Southend. Nowhere to stage a game though.

Google maps gives me 17 places called Leigh in the UK. More than 25 places called London, but outside the UK. Only two Toulouses - the other is in the Jura departmente.

Edited by JonM

1 minute ago, JonM said:

It's a surprisingly wealthy place considering it's basically a suburb of Southend. Nowhere to stage a game though.

Google maps gives me 17 places called Leigh in the UK.

That would need an 18 team SL - so no chance SL would allow that.

2 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I agree. Kick Rovers out too for no train stations in East Hull.

• Haha 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Google maps gives me 17 places called Leigh in the UK. More than 25 places called London, but outside the UK. Only two Toulouses - the other is in the Jura departmente.

Busy morning? 

• Haha 2