Have Haven won the lottery

Clarkey

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm sure Barrow will have some cards up their sleeve, always seem to do a few major signings. Would expect them to be announced sooner rather than later mind as pre season will be here soon šŸ‘

Here's hoping. I fear we're going to be right in the dogfight again, and don't think we'll be so luck next timeĀ 

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Whitehaven have signed seven Australians up for next season.Ā  Maizen confirmed tonight.Ā 

Ā 

Going to be interesting nextĀ  season.Ā 

Another png player to come speaking to 2 town players and 3 wath brow if they all come off we could have a half decent team

On 07/11/2023 at 19:53, Holmesy said:

Whitehaven have signed seven Australians up for next season.Ā  Maizen confirmed tonight.Ā 

Ā 

Going to be interesting nextĀ  season.Ā 

Seem to recall our 3 PNG players and our last Aussie all departed mid-season. Once bitten, twice shy.Ā 

• Like 1

I wouldn`t panic at not signing players , with all the uncertainty surrounding the Championship and Div 1 , nobody knows what the RFL will come up with about the current lay out of the Championship and Div 1 , you could spend money only to find they will re-jig the leagues , so i think you`ll find a lot of Teams will sit tight this year and see whats on the table for the season after .

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

I wouldn`t panic at not signing players , with all the uncertainty surrounding the Championship and Div 1 , nobody knows what the RFL will come up with about the current lay out of the Championship and Div 1 , you could spend money only to find they will re-jig the leagues , so i think you`ll find a lot of Teams will sit tight this year and see whats on the table for the season after .

If the leagues are restructured I can't see them merging. I reckon they might increase the size of L1 at the expense of the ChampionshipĀ 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Discussions about the lower leagues are supposed to take place before the 2024 season gets underway so that clubs will know what, if anything, they are playing for. The probability is for a merger but split into regional divisions which could separate part way through the season into "top half and bottom half". This is by no means definite but hopefully some clarity will emerge before February is out.

Anyone splashing the cash before then could well be burning through money for no real reason.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Discussions about the lower leagues are supposed to take place before the 2024 season gets underway so that clubs will know what, if anything, they are playing for. The probability is for a merger but split into regional divisions which could separate part way through the season into "top half and bottom half". This is be no means definite but hopefully some clarity will emerge before February is out.

Anyone splashing the cash before then could well be burning through money for no real reason.

Not really burning through money , more investing in a squad for the future plus entertainment for the fans to ensure attendances hold up. My glass is half fullšŸ‘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Not really burning through money , more investing in a squad for the future plus entertainment for the fans to ensure attendances hold up. My glass is half fullšŸ‘

Yep, a perfectly valid option - RL is in the entertainment business after all.

Personally I would prefer to see clubs investing in local young players that they can develop themselves rather than imports, but maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yep, a perfectly valid option - RL is in the entertainment business after all.

Personally I would prefer to see clubs investing in local young players that they can develop themselves rather than imports, but maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.

A blend of both is great

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HP Beans said:

Sounds like Haven are spending a fair bit on their playing roster,maybe they should be thinking of investing into other things to get an improved IMG Rating.

Just a thoughtšŸ˜

Grounds gonna be getting done up by new sponsors ortus . Gonna be solar panels all over the ground not sure about any other alterationsĀ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HP Beans said:

Sounds like Haven are spending a fair bit on their playing roster,maybe they should be thinking of investing into other things to get an improved IMG Rating.

Just a thoughtšŸ˜

TBF, IMG base points on little things like car parking spaces šŸ¤£, I'm sure that'll be in hand as well as the playing roster. I'd be worried Barrow are maybe investing in the other areas rather than on the playing roster šŸ¤”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

TBF, IMG base points on little things like car parking spaces šŸ¤£, I'm sure that'll be in hand as well as the playing roster. I'd be worried Barrow are maybe investing in the other areas rather than on the playing roster šŸ¤”

Investing in the community, a squad built around local players (who get paid on time) good attendances for the clubs league position, Furness Raiders, ladies team in SL. I think we have no worries when you look at other clubs seems Haven contribution to the community was a knitting circle and some businesses used the the ground now and then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, tec said:

Investing in the community, a squad built around local players (who get paid on time) good attendances for the clubs league position, Furness Raiders, ladies team in SL. I think we have no worries when you look at other clubs seems Haven contribution to the community was a knitting circle and some businesses used the the ground now and then.

I need a new hat so I'll at least be able to make one at the knitting club šŸ¤£

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Left Winger said:

Need it to stop getting sunburn from all that sunshine that`s feeding your solar panels.

Some sort of hydro-electric system for when Pow Beck floods the pitch might be more useful.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Sad to bring it up but Haven not paying their players again and season not even started yet!

Spend a load of cash on overseas signings and then donā€™t pay em,oh dear.šŸ¤¦šŸ¼

Or house them adequately.....

• Haha 2