IMG Grading

17 minutes ago, coolie said:

So when they've finished modernising Streethouse 

Will they move into Featherstone to bring that up into the 21st century🤔

I almost bought an house in New Sharlston number 50 

On a long row of terraced houses

Not since the 60s had I seen a outside toilet🤣

You wouldn't recognise Fev now, more new builds  then ever ,traffic is crazy and not even a bank. 21st century?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

In the case of Fandom, wouldn’t it be possible for clubs to buy followers?. Plus shouldn’t the submissions actually be verified by IMG staff actually visiting the clubs?. It’s a proper shambles to be honest.

They have already said there will be checks for things like this but its still very possible you would just have to be a little bit cuter about how you go about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

You wouldn't recognise Fev now, more new builds  then ever ,traffic is crazy and not even a bank. 21st century?

I thought opening Green Lane was a big improvement, gave better access rather than having to go all the way around past Linpac, like most town centres it's dying on its backside, I used to collect mail from 3 solicitors in Featherstone, I bet they're not even there now, at least 1 bank should be left open for customers, got a letter last week last bank in Batley (Lloyd's) is closing, businesses need to bank takings also somewhere to get change, how many takeaways has Featherstone got, it seems to be the only businesses that's flourishing, new B&M in fev is OK... But how many independent shops have closed since they moved in?? 

Edited by coolie

1 hour ago, coolie said:

I thought opening Green Lane was a big improvement, gave better access rather than having to go all the way around past Linpac, like most town centres it's dying on its backside, I used to collect mail from 3 solicitors in Featherstone, I bet they're not even there now, at least 1 bank should be left open for customers, got a letter last week last bank in Batley (Lloyd's) is closing, businesses need to bank takings also somewhere to get change, how many takeaways has Featherstone got, it seems to be the only businesses that's flourishing, new B&M in fev is OK... But how many independent shops have closed since they moved in?? 

4 Turkish barbers , more takeaways and fishshops you could shake a stick at. 4 hairdressers, numerous nail bars, 3  cafés, 1 newsagents,one stop,1 delicatessen,1 solicitors, B &M,Lidil and Aldi  but crazy not having a bank. 2 doctors surgery's and a dentist so not too bad. Most of country is run down.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

4 Turkish barbers , more takeaways and fishshops you could shake a stick at. 4 hairdressers, numerous nail bars, 3  cafés, 1 newsagents,one stop,1 delicatessen,1 solicitors, B &M,Lidil and Aldi  but crazy not having a bank. 2 doctors surgery's and a dentist so not too bad. Most of country is run down.

Oh and  Rugby League teams.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, POR said:

Apparently these IMG scores are indicative and we get our proper/final score after next years SL grand final

Yes. They are updated after every season.

The ones released this week are what clubs would get if the system was being introduced now. Next year's scores will actually be used to decide who is in Super League for 2025.

IMG is the final nail in the coffin for rugby league all this ridiculous messing about to invent a system nothing to do with sport or a teams ability to succeed it’s just sheer lunacy and I can’t wait for it to fail.  May the last team out switch the lights off.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, eltel said:

IMG is the final nail in the coffin for rugby league all this ridiculous messing about to invent a system nothing to do with sport or a teams ability to succeed it’s just sheer lunacy and I can’t wait for it to fail.  May the last team out switch the lights off.

That's nice - wishing for the sport to fail.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

That's nice - wishing for the sport to fail.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

That's nice - wishing for the sport to fail.IMG_0733.jpeg.e4680993fb6674308b50f4bb8d904914.jpeg

Might I suggest you read it again it’s IMG I want to fail not rugby league but it seems that’s the way it’s heading because of the muppets running rugby league.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2023 at 16:27, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Fax's scores for anyone interested

Performance – 2.39

Fandom – 3.20

Finances – 0.55

Stadium – 1.67

Community – 1.25

TOTAL = 9.06

That's devastating for Halifax that is. They've suffered fan drop off massively from previous licencing and other shenanigans.....they were starting to recover step by step like most clubs during the sports recovery to a competitive system. Shame it didn't last long. 

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

That's devastating for Halifax that is. They've suffered fan drop off massively from previous licencing and other shenanigans.....they were starting to recover step by step like most clubs during the sports recovery to a competitive system. Shame it didn't last long. 

Its actually not that bad on the face of it. Obviously the criteria is set up to stop teams like ours getting in to SL but we scored quite highly on Performance and Fandom considering how we have been going. I mean with the 1895 win I believe we were only something like 0.10 points behind Fev. Stadium and community we are almost maxed out on our scores due to the restrictions that we face but our finanaces score is the worst that I have seen but ties in to behind the scenes the club been in a mess. The thing is we could never go to SL in the current format without some big investment and its the same for the new system so we do have scope to make a big jump in the scores. 

We would need 4 points I reckon by the time the next gradings come out to get near to SL and although there is the potential for about 3 in our finances I simply can't see where the other point would come from so from that point of view the IMG system is working perfectly for a team like ours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its actually not that bad on the face of it. Obviously the criteria is set up to stop teams like ours getting in to SL but we scored quite highly on Performance and Fandom considering how we have been going. I mean with the 1895 win I believe we were only something like 0.10 points behind Fev. Stadium and community we are almost maxed out on our scores due to the restrictions that we face but our finanaces score is the worst that I have seen but ties in to behind the scenes the club been in a mess. The thing is we could never go to SL in the current format without some big investment and its the same for the new system so we do have scope to make a big jump in the scores. 

We would need 4 points I reckon by the time the next gradings come out to get near to SL and although there is the potential for about 3 in our finances I simply can't see where the other point would come from so from that point of view the IMG system is working perfectly for a team like ours.

3 points on finances within a year? That's certainly ambitious and I'd say little chance of it happening. Next year's finance element of the gradings covers the years 2021-23 so unless this last financial year was something very, very special.......

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

3 points on finances within a year? That's certainly ambitious and I'd say little chance of it happening. Next year's finance element of the gradings covers the years 2021-23 so unless this last financial year was something very, very special.......

Oh no, I mean that is the area where we have the biggest scope for improvement rather than we could do it in a year and going on scores so far I would be surprised if anything less than 13 gets you in to SL. Its more just pointing out that it's nearly impossible for us to get in to SL without some significant funding. The irony is that I reckon if we already had the SL funding then we would be somewhere near to a few of the other teams scores. 

19 hours ago, eltel said:

Might I suggest you read it again it’s IMG I want to fail not rugby league but it seems that’s the way it’s heading because of the muppets running rugby league.

I did read it. You said would the last club turn out the lights - wasn't that wishing the sport to end?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

49 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Oh no, I mean that is the area where we have the biggest scope for improvement rather than we could do it in a year and going on scores so far I would be surprised if anything less than 13 gets you in to SL. Its more just pointing out that it's nearly impossible for us to get in to SL without some significant funding. The irony is that I reckon if we already had the SL funding then we would be somewhere near to a few of the other teams scores. 

I thought that's probably what was meant - and even with improved funding it will take a while to see much affect given the 3 year average. Even Wakefield's new found wealth is unlikely (unless there's a very large input of money between Ellis taking over and the end of November) to start to impinge on their score until we get to the 2025 gradings when 2024 financials will be first included.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And Widnes' scores:

Performance 1.72

Fandom 3.3

Finances 2.25

Stadium 1.9

Community 1

Will be interesting to see where we picked up our 0.48 points to beat them especially when fax beat them with 0.67 points in performance who I would have thought would get less performance points than us

1 hour ago, POR said:

Will be interesting to see where we picked up our 0.48 points to beat them especially when fax beat them with 0.67 points in performance who I would have thought would get less performance points than us

Although not officially confirmed I'm pretty sure our performance score is 2.51 (2.5143 to be exact 😉)

On 30/10/2023 at 08:19, Smudger06 said:

We'll be reyt❗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Although not officially confirmed I'm pretty sure our performance score is 2.51 (2.5143 to be exact 😉)

SO  we beat them  them on that by 0,79 points which means if you look at the   numbers they beat us on all the rest by 0.31 points

You know what I have now accepted that I won’t see Fev in SL which although I am disappointed by this it is what it is. The one thing it has done is to lead to a lack of interest in the game at higher levels, didn’t watch any of the England games and to be honest I don’t think I can be bothered with SL next year, will stick to watching Fev and enjoy for the entertainment it is rather than what it can bring. IMG and the rest can go shove themselves where the sun don’t shine.

• Like 4