Sat 28th Oct: International: Australia v New Zealand (at AAMI Park, Melbourne) 10.10 am KO

Sat 28th Oct: International: Australia v New Zealand (at AAMI Park, Melbourne) 10.10 am KO  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Australia 13+
    • Australia 7+
    • Australia 1+
    • Draw
    • New Zealand 1+
    • New Zealand 7+
    • New Zealand 13+

45 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just to vent some frustration again.  The South Africa vs. Italy International match is listed on the BBC fixtures but this isn't.  Bizzare. 

Particularly bizarre considering the South Africa v Italy match was played in Australia as well.

Couldn't watch it as wasn't at home and can't get red button on Sky Go (well, I couldn't find it anyway).

I should be home next week, but if not I really hope the final is on one of the main channels.

I fancied the Kangaroos to win comfortably in Melbourne, but I'm hoping that it will be a closer game next week with the Kiwis being at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

Couldn't watch it as wasn't at home and can't get red button on Sky Go (well, I couldn't find it anyway).

I should be home next week, but if not I really hope the final is on one of the main channels.

I fancied the Kangaroos to win comfortably in Melbourne, but I'm hoping that it will be a closer game next week with the Kiwis being at home.

If you want to watch it back at some point, there will be a free full match replay on the NRL's youtube channel some time after the middle of the coming week.

• Thanks 2

The Haka looked uncoordinated.

The gap to the stare off was ordinary, I thought my stream  was lagging.

Looked a bit silly and a bit corny.

The Aussies looked as if they thought it was a joke, they hardly looked worried, why would they when they know with a team with their powerhouse players rested they would still win.

Theatre is great but it does not always work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonty58 said:

The Haka looked uncoordinated.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have much interest in these pre-match war dances/challenges/whatever they're intended to be.

If it's a genuine Maori team doing it, then I get it more, but not all the New Zealand players have that cultural heritage. It always looks odd to me to see non-Maori's doing it.

It doesn't annoy me and I'm not saying I want them to stop doing it - it's just something that happens before certain matches - but I don't have the fascination with it that some people seem to.

If I never saw another Haka, I wouldn't feel that I'm losing out very much.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have much interest in these pre-match war dances/challenges/whatever they're intended to be.

If it's a genuine Maori team doing it, then I get it more, but not all the New Zealand players have that cultural heritage. It always looks odd to me to see non-Maori's doing it.

It doesn't annoy me and I'm not saying I want them to stop doing it - it's just something that happens before certain matches - but I don't have the fascination with it that some people seem to.

wow - I was gonna invite you to do the Samba but since the nearest i have been to Rio is an out of date box of Brazil nuts at christmas - best not bother 17SG

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

wow - I was gonna invite you to do the Samba but since the nearest i have been to Rio is an out of date box of Brazil nuts at christmas - best not bother 17SG

To be honest it's not the fact that you've never been to Rio that makes me not want to Samba with you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

To be honest it's not the fact that you've never been to Rio that makes me not want to Samba with you.

is my skirt too short?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

35 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I have always felt the same way.  While I respect the cultural value of the haka and other nations' pre match challenge, it has never interested me much and I zone out while it is performed.

But I would have never criticised it individually (as I say, if it adds spectacle then great).  But these extra face offs with players pushing their heads into each other is a step too far for me.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Next week will be very different. The Kiwis will leave nothing out there. The Kangaroos did what they always do - they challenge their opponents to be on it for every tackle for 80 minutes. If not, they hurt you.

The Kiwis will be at home, with a full house, and no fear. It should be an absolute classic. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Next week will be very different. The Kiwis will leave nothing out there. The Kangaroos did what they always do - they challenge their opponents to be on it for every tackle for 80 minutes. If not, they hurt you.

The Kiwis will be at home, with a full house, and no fear. It should be an absolute classic. 

Hope so.

The home advantage is massive I think.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Just to vent some frustration again.  The South Africa vs. Italy International match is listed on the BBC fixtures but this isn't.  Bizzare. 

I posted a comment on the England Tonga match report asking the BBC why the two Australia vs. New Zealand games and PNG vs. Fiji were not on the BBC Rugby League fixtures and it was removed for breaking the House rules. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dunbar said:

At a guess, the RLEF notified the BBC and the NRL/IRL did not? 

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I posted a comment on the England Tonga match report asking the BBC why the two Australia vs. New Zealand games and PNG vs. Fiji were not on the BBC Rugby League fixtures and it was removed for breaking the House rules. 

That’s just ridiculous 

8 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

At a guess, the RLEF notified the BBC and the NRL/IRL did not? 

I think it'll have to have been somebody directly related to the South African governing body who notified them.

ERLF would surely have told them about Greece v Ukraine, Czechia v Netherlands and Malta v Philippines as well.

Nonetheless, there should be a better way for the BBC to find out the fixtures - when NRL is on, they always show the club fixtures.

8 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

That’s just ridiculous 

It real does seem it doesn't it.

The only justification I can think of is that it may be a house rule that comments must relate to the subject of the article - if the subject of the article is the 2nd England v Tonga test, then technically it is off topic.

Nonetheless it seems over the top.

40 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

It real does seem it doesn't it.

The only justification I can think of is that it may be a house rule that comments must relate to the subject of the article - if the subject of the article is the 2nd England v Tonga test, then technically it is off topic.

Nonetheless it seems over the top.

Yes, I did look at the rules and it seems that this would have been the reason.