Sat 28th Oct: International: Australia v New Zealand (at AAMI Park, Melbourne) 10.10 am KO

Sat 28th Oct: International: Australia v New Zealand (at AAMI Park, Melbourne) 10.10 am KO  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Australia 13+
    • Australia 7+
    • Australia 1+
    • Draw
    • New Zealand 1+
    • New Zealand 7+
    • New Zealand 13+

Collins gets the first double of his career, and he does it in an international!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good game this for a supposed dead rubber that people have said doesn't matter.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Goodness, you're a hard taskmaster if that's bombing a try.

Fair comment, I was just frustrated after he’d done all the hard work. He needed to step off his right foot when he got to Tedesco

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sky have it on their red button service, apparently.

I've got WatchNRL so no problem for me, but Sky subscribers are being getting a slap in the face from this scheduling decision.

Sky making the decision not to show live sport they own the rights to. Again. And they wonder why people are leaving.

• Like 4

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

46 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Sky red button not working for me. Anyone else having similar issues?

Had to go to the non HD Arena channel (866) to get the red button to start with. Appears to be working on the HD channel now.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I thought that Isaako put-down was much closer than the cursory look at it suggested.

It was one of those ones where the point of the ball came down first. It might have been inside, or it might have been on the whitewash.

50/50 IMO, and deserved closer inspection.

Edited by StandOffHalf

4 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I found a stream online, but was struggling to get the sound to play, heehee.

Baffling that Sky don't have it, and the red button isn't available in IE.

Not that we should approve the use of dodgy streams, but both Fox League and Channel 9 are showing this live in Oz, if you're Googling.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I thought that Isaako put-down was much closer than the cursory look at it suggested.

It was one of those ones where the point of the ball came down first. It might have been inside, or it might have been on the whitewash.

50/50 IMO, and deserved closer inspection.

Was a try. Point of the ball had to touch the ground in-play. Impossible not to given its position and trajectory.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not that we should approve the use of dodgy streams, but both Fox League and Channel 9 are showing this live in Oz, if you're Googling.

Good to have Vossy on comms.

He's got more enthusiasm for internationals than the 9 team.

6 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Was a try. Point of the ball had to touch the ground in-play. Impossible not to given its position and trajectory.

Fine margins but I was leaning that way. I didn't hear what the comms said but it seemed to be glossed over from the pictures.

Feel like New Zealand are overplaying the drop off line for the edge forwards and would get more value from getting ball into the hands of Manu and Timoko more often.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

24 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It’s not in high definition though annoyingly 

Sound and vision (I'll have that tune in my head all day now) are a bit variable. Something of an internet stream about it.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.