Trinity owner has big plans

6 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

That’s all people were asking for, a breakdown of what it means. No conspiracy.

Not "all people" TBF, though admittedly, I may well be thinking of posts on a less enlightened forum.

Sorry for having to admit I go on other forum.

My apologies to all TRLers.

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

You've quoted completely selectively - you've quoted, for example, my response to people who think they have an entitlement, and suggested it's my premise. That's more than a bit sir!

When I said "We will be back in SL next year" it was clearly in the context of IMG gradings.

Share the thread post numbers and let everyone see exactly what was being discussed.

It was the “Odsal RFL selling the lease” thread. It’s available on here at your leisure. 
And no, you said “We’ll be back in SL next year- you won’t”. There is no other context needed. 

1 hour ago, dboy said:

For the detractors calling out the season ticket totals as false, pumped up by freeby kids tickets...

"We have sold just over 4,500 season tickets, the breakdown of which, as of earlier today, was 3,023 adult tickets and 1,514 junior tickets. Both of these numbers are massively up from the year before. The figures last year were 653 adult tickets and 930 junior tickets, plus 250 concessions. 

Overall, there was a year-on-year increase of 148%. Adult tickets have increased proportionally more than Junior tickets with the new model."

That's great no matter what way you look at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

It was the “Odsal RFL selling the lease” thread. It’s available on here at your leisure. 
And no, you said “We’ll be back in SL next year- you won’t”. There is no other context needed. 

Yes there's context - under IMG, Wakey will be back in SL next year.

There's virtually no mathematical way that Bulls can finish above Wakey in the IMG ratings.

It's really not hard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

That's great no matter what way you look at it.

Well, I was just a tiny bit worried that we were overselling the impact, based on kids tickets.

That statement is both a relief and a cause for comfort celebration.

If we had stayed in SL, we wouldn't have had this response (though the Ellis factor is perhaps the key).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Yes there's context - under IMG, Wakey will be back in SL next year.

There's virtually no mathematical way that Bulls can finish above Wakey in the IMG ratings.

It's really not hard.

I’m not saying anyone will or will not be promoted. You were saying Wakefield will be in SL next year. Well, next year we will see what happens won’t we? 

Just now, dboy said:

Well, I was just a tiny bit worried that we were overselling the impact, based on kids tickets.

That statement is both a relief and a cause for comfort celebration.

If we had stayed in SL, we wouldn't have had this response (though the Ellis factor is perhaps the key).

Sometimes dropping down can really help galvanise a club and its fans,  especially when that starting again should coincide with winning plenty of games.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I can most definitely quote you saying that Wakefield will be in SL next year, 100%. And there were no caveats about not taking anything for granted or having it your own way, you were very much crowing about going straight back up. 👍🏻

Think we’re 11th in IMG ratings at the moment looking to increase that score where possible so good chance we will be in SL.  Nobody’s bragging that’s just how it is.

Up the Trin 

5 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Well he most definitely was bragging.

Up The Twin. 

So you are quoting a post made AFTER you made a claim, to justify something you stated BEFORE that post was made!

Top work!

Time travellers are among us.

(though that's quite a leap to call that bragging)

Edited by dboy

6 hours ago, daz39 said:

Well going off comments on here and Social media and to save their fans from not losing face or being embarrased, i expect Wakey to go through the season unbeaten and in front of a packed out stadium every week, anything less and i will be accusing their fans of getting Leigh-itis with some of the guff they're coming out with.

Wind it down a bit eh guys, season's not even started yet, it may just not go how you're expecting.

That’s a surprising comment, I haven’t seen or heard any Trin fans being overly confident we know it won’t be easy.  Yes we’re excited and looking forward to the new future our club has.  It’s all about being competitive next season and building for the future.

Up the Trin 

• Like 2

Just now, dboy said:

So you are quoting a post made AFTER you made a claim, to justify something you stated BEFORE that post was made!

Top work!

Time travellers are among us.

(though that's quite a leap to call that bragging)

Look, you claimed Wakefield were going to be back in SL next year. This was only a few weeks ago, not in the distant past- and I said I’d quote you on it. 
Well I did exactly that and now you don’t like it and are trying to argue that you really meant they’d be promoted if A, B and C fell into place. 

I’m happy to see what happens next Sept , after a season of cheering on Wakefields opponents of course. See you then 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Look, you claimed Wakefield were going to be back in SL next year. This was only a few weeks ago, not in the distant past- and I said I’d quote you on it. 
Well I did exactly that and now you don’t like it and are trying to argue that you really meant they’d be promoted if A, B and C fell into place. 

I’m happy to see what happens next Sept , after a season of cheering on Wakefields opponents of course. See you then 👍🏻

That was in response to you quoting WCL as bragging.

You can't quote me as making the arrogant statements you suggested earlier, because they don't exist. Neither from ne, nor any other Wakey fans - we all know it will be a battle on the field.

Off the field, I firmly believe Wakey will score in the top 12 IMG clubs.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1

"We have sold just over 4,500 season tickets, the breakdown of which, as of earlier today, was 3,023 adult tickets and 1,514 junior tickets. Both of these numbers are massively up from the year before."

If you believe the nay-sayers, particularly on the Cas independent forum, every adult has automatically been assigned 2 free kids tickets.

That's clearly not the case.

I believe that children are the future.

34 minutes ago, dboy said:

That was in response to you quoting WCL as bragging.

You can't quote me as making the arrogant statements you suggested earlier, because they don't exist. Neither from ne, nor any other Wakey fans - we all know it will be a battle on the field.

Off the field, I firmly believe Wakey will score in the top 12 IMG clubs.

I never said WCL was bragging, I said you were. 

And despite quoting you saying the exact words “ We will be back in SL next year”. They apparently don’t exist. Which is kinda strange really. 

Just admit it, you thought I was a Bradford fan, you hate Bradford and hope they cease to exist, so you got a bit carried away. No shame, we all get riled up occasionally and you realised that Wakefield are not nailed on to be promoted, despite what you said. 

Up The Train. 

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I never said WCL was bragging, I said you were. 

And despite quoting you saying the exact words “ We will be back in SL next year”. They apparently don’t exist. Which is kinda strange really. 

Just admit it, you thought I was a Bradford fan, you hate Bradford and hope they cease to exist, so you got a bit carried away. No shame, we all get riled up occasionally and you realised that Wakefield are not nailed on to be promoted, despite what you said. 

Up The Train. 

Look back - you quoted WCL saying he was bragging.

You keep selectively quoting to try to make out I've said something I haven't.

I'll state it again because you clearly can't comprehend - I believe Wakey will be back in SL next year - not because they will go unbeaten, not because they will win the comp, the GF, or the 1895, but because they will gain the required IMG points.

It matters not, who I thought you support.

Do I "hate" Bulls? No, I don't. I absolutely detest what they have done in the past and Odsal is a disgrace, but they really do seem to be trying to do things right this time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dboy said:

Look back - you quoted WCL saying he was bragging.

You keep selectively quoting to try to make out I've said something I haven't.

I'll state it again because you clearly can't comprehend - I believe Wakey will be back in SL next year - not because they will go unbeaten, not because they will win the comp, the GF, or the 1895, but because they will gain the required IMG points.

It matters not, who I thought you support.

Do I "hate" Bulls? No, I don't. I absolutely detest what they have done in the past and Odsal is a disgrace, but they really do seem to be trying to do things right this time.

OK then, let’s see what is selective here then….You don’t hate the Bulls? 

On 20/10/2023 at 13:24, dboy said:

I'll own up to that! Hate the club with a passion.

Not because of their historic success though - it's the way the RFL looked after them, the way their directors took the money and ran after players auctioned stuff off and the fans raised thousands, and then the arrogant and entitled attitudes of the fans who think they somehow deserve a place in the top league.

Other than that, I'm ambivalent. 

This would suggest differently. As I said, at least stand by your statements. 

On 20/10/2023 at 13:56, dboy said:

We will be back in SL next year.

You won't.

And just for clarification, here is your other quote stating that Wakefield will be back in SL next year. No mention of IMG or any other factors, simply that they WILL be back in SL next year. 

Enjoy next season. 

2 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

OK then, let’s see what is selective here then….You don’t hate the Bulls? 

This would suggest differently. As I said, at least stand by your statements. 

And just for clarification, here is your other quote stating that Wakefield will be back in SL next year. No mention of IMG or any other factors, simply that they WILL be back in SL next year. 

Enjoy next season. 

You really are tragic.

From a Cas Fan

I think Wakey should be commended on their season ticket intiative . Whilst it's not really something SL clubs can offer , it's a fantastic idea for a season in the Championship . The fact that over 3k STs have been sold to adults alone , proves this . How many of the 4.5k total season ticket holders turn up for every match remains to be seen , but that is the case for all clubs , irrespective of what division they play in.

Onto the IMG gradings . I do agree that Wakey will be right up there and challenging for SL 2025 . It is however very difficult to know how many points each individual club can attain on top of their 2023 indicative scores , as most clubs haven't released a breakdown of their individual scores .

Cas have, and this has given us a clear path to follow next season to maximise our score , and on the back of this Mark Grattan has shown how he feels we can reach 15.01 points . 

Now just because we have released our breakdown doesn't mean that others won't also know exactly what is needed to achieve the same Cat A status. It also doesn't mean that Cas will necessarily achieve it either .

For Wakey , as I understand it , we know that they have an extra point to be awarded for the new stand/stadium criteria. We don't know how well they have scored on other areas though . 

There is no doubt that Ellis will bring in some extra financial support , but are there any extra points here for Wakey to add to their 2023 indicative score . It was quite well documented that Wakey did extremely well on their profit/loss sheet in 2023 so perhaps they have already maxed out there ? We don't know. 

Social Media/Fandom is also an unknown . Again it will depend on Wakey's score this year as to whether there is any scope for improvement.

Average attendance score won't change for Wakey due to the gulf between the 3k and 7.5k criteria for an extra 0.5 points . I don't think they would fall below 3k if they had to play behind closed doors all season next year , however , and despite the excellent season ticket sales , they won't reach a 7.5k average over 3 years either .

There are no more points available for Catchment Area.

They will probably lose a little on utilisation . We know they will have scored extremely well on this last year , as the capacity was drastically reduced due to redevelpoment of ground . Wakey will have been the highest scoring SL team (if not all teams) last year . Next year will be different as the ground capacity increases with the opening of the new stand . That said , a lot will depend on how many ST holders come to each game .

Finally , onto performance . A drop into the Championship may well help Wakey next season . A bonus of 0.1 point for an 1895 cup tournament win will be better than finishing bottom of SL,  and a GF win (0.25 points) would improve that considerably . To win both in 2024 would be the same as reaching play-offs in SL . 

The key factors to remember though are that we don't have a breakdown of the Wakey IMG indicative score from 2023 . If it turns out that Wakey are almost as high as they can go on the non transparent criteria ie fandom and finances , then the 15 point Cat A grading may well be unattainable in 2024 . If not then they could be the surprise package next season , get Cat A status and be exempt from relegation in 2025.

Edited by Taffy Tiger

All well considered.

They won't win the CC, but will, I'm sure, be targeting the 1895 - not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

They will score extra for having the LED boards (not yet installed, but expected to be).

They may improve utilisation based on the expected increased crowds, though the lower away support may hurt.

They score extra on funding based on the % of owner income to central funds.

The media is already through the roof on previous efforts - I have no bloody idea how that all translates to points though.

Whatever they scored this year, it WILL go up next year.

• Like 1

All this IMG stuff apart , i see Trinitys future as very positive irrespective of the IMG score because they have some massive advantages over many other clubs. They have an owner with greater wealth than most of the other SL clubs. They own their own ground which has been massively upgraded and further improvements are in the pipeline. They sit in the middle of an area with a rich talent pool of players. 

SL is still an exclusive clique whichever way you look at it. Some of the other influential clubs will look at what Wakey can offer and want them as fellow members of the SL 

• Like 4