2024 Grand Final Tickets

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Possibly, but they did the same promotion last year, so maybe it achieved what they wanted so they've repeated it

Think they do that every year, though not 50%, usually 25%. They may just be mitigating against the risk of a lower crowd if a club with smaller fan base gets to OT last year, get neutral fan buy in early - Catalans being there twice recently for example. Don't see any harm on it, provided it is not extended long term.

19 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Think they do that every year, though not 50%, usually 25%. They may just be mitigating against the risk of a lower crowd if a club with smaller fan base gets to OT last year, get neutral fan buy in early - Catalans being there twice recently for example. Don't see any harm on it, provided it is not extended long term.

What I meant was, they did 50% discount last year. I took advantage of it

• Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I am a previous purchaser many times too and never got the email link, it was forwarded to me by a friend who used to sort his own tickets but has came with our group for the last couple of years. Wasn't many in our preferred clock, STH125 when I booked at lunch time. Get the impression that they are limiting how many they sell at half price.

Did you get the email about the 8am sale time for today or was that forwarded to you by your friend? 

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

What I meant was, they did 50% discount last year. I took advantage of it

Bought tickets myself early last year, always do, but don't remember that the discount was that much - so definitely nothing out of the ordinary then.......the 50% off I mean, not my bad memory, well, maybe both.....

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I have a long history of frustration with the RFL ticketing experience, right up to and including the test series last month.

The email landed in my inbox today at 08.01, maybe it was a random drop for some strange reason.

Looking at the map there are tickets in groups of 6 available to me in your section, rows 5, 7, 9, 11 for example - they are £25 each. 

This is from the link in the email I was sent today. ALL adult tickets discounted by 50%. 

Important Information
Join us at Old Trafford on Saturday 12thOctober 2024 for the Betfred Super League Grand Final. Book before midnight on Sunday 19th November and save an unmissable 50% on all adult tickets. 

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

This is from the link in the email I was sent today. ALL adult tickets discounted by 50%. 

Important Information
Join us at Old Trafford on Saturday 12thOctober 2024 for the Betfred Super League Grand Final. Book before midnight on Sunday 19th November and save an unmissable 50% on all adult tickets. 

Ha, someone forgot to add "......within the limited volume and located in certain areas that we currently have on sale"

• Like 1

Call me a happy clapper, but I don't think it's unreasonable to sell tickets for only limited sections of the ground (presumably those that are a harder sell) when you're offering a 50% reduction and the game is a whole year away.

My view was of course the complete opposite for the test matches, when they were still restricting sections days before the games.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Call me a happy clapper, but I don't think it's unreasonable to sell tickets for only limited sections of the ground (presumably those that are a harder sell) when you're offering a 50% reduction and the game is a whole year away.

My view was of course the complete opposite for the test matches, when they were still restricting sections days before the games.

You might be right but then don’t advertise ALL adult tickets available at a 50% discount. Strangely they did the same offer last year and I didn’t have any problems getting the seats I wanted.

11 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Did you get the email about the 8am sale time for today or was that forwarded to you by your friend? 

I knew about the 1 week sale because I'd seen it on the big screen at the 3rd test, but I didn't get an email about the 8 am sale time, I thought it started at 5pm. A mate who is coming with us got in touch on Sunday morning asking if I'd had an email, when I said no he forwarded it to me 

• Thanks 1

100% League 0% Union

15 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

How is this any different to clubs doing early bird season tickets. 

I think early bird offers are pretty common and perfectly valid. My personal view is that 50% feels excessive, but then I suppose we pretty much always have empty seats, so to an extent we can afford to give a fair few away!

On 07/11/2023 at 21:25, Yorky said:

I feel this is where the RFL can't win. They seem to get quite heavily criticised for poor marketing, not growing the game etc but affordable tickets is one of the biggest carrots to dangle in front of a potential new audience/ casual sports fans and offers like this are a smart move for getting people through the gate.

But cheap and discounted tickets ARE poor marketing. The purpose of marketing is to maximise long-term profit - giving away margin isn't what drives growth. 

The RFL (and certain clubs) have been on a treadmill of discounting for years - and this is where we are. With a devalued product that the RFL has to give away even more aggressively. 

Good marketing is not about selling a £30 value product for £15 - good marketing is convincing more people that this is product worth paying £30 for before somebody else buys it. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

The SL must be minted as they don’t want me to buy any tickets for the Grand Final. I tried to buy two of the last three remaining tickets in a section but they won’t allow me to complete the transaction as it would leave a single seat! 😳 Unbelievable Jeff!

edit. I’ve just tried another section with plenty of seats but get the same message. The ticket website refurb looks like it went well. 

Edited by Gomersall

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

The SL must be minted as they don’t want me to buy any tickets for the Grand Final. I tried to buy two of the last three remaining tickets in a section but they won’t allow me to complete the transaction as it would leave a single seat! 😳 Unbelievable Jeff!

That's the same issue you get with many events at arenas, theatres etc.

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

That's the same issue you get with many events at arenas, theatres etc.

I’m quickly losing the will to live trying to buy GF tickets in an available section I’m happy to sit in.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I’m quickly losing the will to live trying to buy GF tickets in an available section I’m happy to sit in.

Try phoning them, I've generally found them quite helpful on the phone 

100% League 0% Union

41 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

edit. I’ve just tried another section with plenty of seats but get the same message. The ticket website refurb looks like it went well. 

No. It just means they've seen our email to them. 😀😀😀😀

4 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Try phoning them, I've generally found them quite helpful on the phone 

Me too but I did phone a few weeks back. I want to use some of the money I have accumulated via Rewards4RugbyLeague. However the girl on the other end told me my account was showing zero when I actually have about £40 in there. I then rang again to be told the ticket website was being restructured and I’d have to ring back at a later date. I just get the impression they want you on the phone for as long and as often as possible.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Me too but I did phone a few weeks back. I want to use some of the money I have accumulated via Rewards4RugbyLeague. However the girl on the other end told me my account was showing zero when I actually have about £40 in there. I then rang again to be told the ticket website was being restructured and I’d have to ring back at a later date. I just get the impression they want you on the phone for as long and as often as possible.

Make sure you’ve gone in to your R4RL account and nominated Grand Final tickets as the item that you’re saving for

19 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Make sure you’ve gone in to your R4RL account and nominated Grand Final tickets as the item that you’re saving for

I have. I contacted R4RL and they said I have to inform the RFL of my R4RL log in details but on the website there’s no way I can see of doing that. Looks like the dog and bone again.

10 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I have. I contacted R4RL and they said I have to inform the RFL of my R4RL log in details but on the website there’s no way I can see of doing that. Looks like the dog and bone again.

Ah, fair enough. I work with Rewards4 on a different platform and they have a live API between the two, but I guess that might not be on the new site yet. Worth making sure you’re using the same email address for both, I suppose. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Its ###### but most ticket sales sites do this now, they wont let you buy 2 of 3 together seats. Right pain in the ###### when your looking for tickets.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I had an absolute nightmare last year using my points for Grand Final tickets, i must have made 6 phonecalls and sent 20 emails before it was sorted.