Championship Final League Position Predictions

13 minutes ago, JonM said:

The same Haven that was pretty unlucky to draw away at Widnes? Widnes, Whitehaven, Barrow, Swinton & Dewsbury fighting it out at the bottom but I wouldn't have Haven as favourites for bottom place.

Yes, but 4 of those 5 clubs probably paid their players their February wages. Can you guess which one didn't ?

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Yes, but 4 of those 5 clubs probably paid their players their February wages. Can you guess which one didn't ?

Wonder if that’s why their players are looking at jumping ship. Again. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Haven Statement. 

It sounds like a dire situation and you wonder what money a club could be owed in at this stage of the season that is going to clear those debts. The RFL should really be stepping in at this point as they have obviously broken the contracts of seven players and simply saying that they will get paid when the club gets paid is not good enough.

I can't wait for the outcry on Twitter from the SL players as they rush through the attempts to sort out their Union so they can help these players and deal with this matter.......

image.png.477b90563d4a2653a3099091febd3dbd.png

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Haven Statement. 

It sounds like a dire situation and you wonder what money a club could be owed in at this stage of the season that is going to clear those debts. The RFL should really be stepping in at this point as they have obviously broken the contracts of seven players and simply saying that they will get paid when the club gets paid is not good enough.

I can't wait for the outcry on Twitter from the SL players as they rush through the attempts to sort out their Union so they can help these players and deal with this matter.......

Who would owe a Rugby League club large amounts of money other than sponsors? And if that's the case what if they don't get paid in enough time or the sponsor goes bust, do the players then not get paid? Can't run a club or business like that. 

Never looks good when clubs put out statements like that cos we all know what's next.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

38 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Haven Statement. 

Rumour is they are owed money by Halifax for the Challenge cup game, though i doubt that will be a large amount.

19 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Who would owe a Rugby League club large amounts of money other than sponsors? And if that's the case what if they don't get paid in enough time or the sponsor goes bust, do the players then not get paid? Can't run a club or business like that. 

Never looks good when clubs put out statements like that cos we all know what's next.

Whitehaven lost around £200,000 a year in 2021 and 2022.

Slightly irritating that they don't know their creditors from their debtors.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

That is what I can't get my head around, central funding won't amount to much and certainly should not be factored in to wages that are in arrears and most sponsorship money would either be in or been paid in monthly installments which again should be factored in. Why certain players not been paid? Who makes the decisions which ones? Who is supporting these players at this point when they could have mortgages etc themselves. 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Rumour is they are owed money by Halifax for the Challenge cup game, though i doubt that will be a large amount.

I doubt its anything to be fair, how does it work? Is it something like 30% split after expenses? Again though factoring revenue from an early round Challenge Cup tie just to make wages seems an extremely risky play.

32 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That is what I can't get my head around, central funding won't amount to much and certainly should not be factored in to wages that are in arrears and most sponsorship money would either be in or been paid in monthly installments which again should be factored in. Why certain players not been paid? Who makes the decisions which ones? Who is supporting these players at this point when they could have mortgages etc themselves. 

I doubt its anything to be fair, how does it work? Is it something like 30% split after expenses? Again though factoring revenue from an early round Challenge Cup tie just to make wages seems an extremely risky play.

What was the attendance for that game Ox? 

It’s 50% each after roughly £2,000 to cover both home and away team’s expenses. 

37 minutes ago, RS said:

What was the attendance for that game Ox? 

It’s 50% each after roughly £2,000 to cover both home and away team’s expenses. 

Off top of my head I think it was sub 1000 so maybe about 700-800 or so paying.