League 1 stadiums video

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

There's some cracking stadiums in league 1. Compare and contrast with 'stadiums' in league 1 in RU and it is night and day. The potential is there for all clubs in league 1 to grow 

But I presume many of those RU league 1 actually own their own grounds. I don't think any of the RL league 1 clubs do, albeit Keighley have a long lease on theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damien said:

But I presume many of those RU league 1 actually own their own grounds. I don't think any of the RL league 1 clubs do, albeit Keighley have a long lease on theirs.

Is it better to have a decrepit ground that you own or a nice new ground, with entertaining facilities that you can sell?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yeah wasn't sure about them, think it's like Keighley though and on a long lease from the council.

Looks like it from a quick Google that suggests the lease is open ended until 'such time as alternative stadium provision is made available'. Allerdale Council attempted to buy back the lease in 2020 around the time there was talk of building a new ground for the rugby and football clubs to share.

10 minutes ago, Griff said:

Is it better to have a decrepit ground that you own or a nice new ground, with entertaining facilities that you can sell?

Lower level RU clubs often don't own decrepit grounds though. They are often tidy little grounds for their size with decent revenue generating clubhouses. Its not much use having decent facilities which you dont own when you struggle to make a penny from them and are hamstrung.

Heck we even have Swinton, a Championship club, playing at one of these RU League 1 grounds and a SL club in London using one of those grounds as a training base.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Lower level RU clubs often don't own decrepit grounds though. They are often tidy little grounds for their size with decent revenue generating clubhouses. Its not much use having decent facilities which you dont own when you struggle to make a penny from them and are hamstrung.

Heck we even have Swinton, a Championship club, playing at one of these RU League 1 grounds and a SL club in London using one of those grounds as a training base.

Not what I asked but thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

Not what I asked but thanks anyway.

Pretty pointless quoting my post and asking a binary choice question irrelevent to it then. It's not either/or between those two extremes and it's certainly not the situation many RU clubs that own their grounds are in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Pretty pointless quoting my post and asking a binary choice question irrelevent to it then. It's not either/or between those two extremes and it's certainly not the situation many RU clubs that own their grounds are in.

Well, thanks for your thoughts anyway.

6 hours ago, Griff said:

Why is Doncaster on that video?  It's very poorly researched.

And he seems to think Boundary Park and Whitebank are the same stadium.

Superficial linking of photos of a range of lower level rugby league grounds.

• Thanks 1

If you want another similar YouTube channel, TFC Stadiums is good. They use computer generated graphics to recreate stadiums, quite often doing videos on old, demolished grounds or grounds under construction, using the graphics to show what they looked like or will look like. That channel does tend to be very football-heavy though. 

Midlands Hurricanes didn't play inside the Alexander Stadium last season, but on the training pitch you can see outside the stadium on the aerial shots. I think they're moving inside this season. Stadium CSM (Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay) has a lot more going for it than a few scruffy hedges!

On 12/01/2024 at 21:41, Damien said:

Yeah wasn't sure about them, think it's like Keighley though and on a long lease from the council.

Town own the actual stadium, the council own the land it’s built on.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Good grief. A bit of research could've made this video decent. "Whitebank stadium also known as Boundary park."???? Didn't seem to have a clue as to the origins of ice station zebra. 

He is from Melbourne so he be AFL but decent job....